Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Zaino

This is my update on Zaino:

First if you haven't noticed I live in New Hampshire. So far we have had quit a bit of snow which means ALOT of road salt. It has been approx. 4 1/2 months since the last coat of Zaino on my truck.

I have tried to keep this truck clean from the salt, though not having much luck when it seems to snow everyday and they seem like they just LOVE to salt the roads for fun.

It has been washed approx. 16 - 20 times since the last coat, an average of one wash a week (dosn't do much good) anyway I have to say I am VERY impressed with how well Zaino has been holding up. After every wash it looks like it just had a fresh coat of Zaino applied. It still beads water as if just done with Zaino.

Now mind you that is 16 - 20 car washes that are done in the touchless wash bay (no brushes or cloth, just high pressure spray) prior to the wash it applies a pre-soak to get the grime off I would imagen that is not great for regular polish/wax and I would think it would tend to strip some wax.

To add to the car washes for about the past 3 - 4 weeks the majority of the time the truck has had a nice coat of SALT on it, don't know how bad, if at all that is for polish/wax maybe Intel could help me with that.

I figured I would post for anybody thinking about using Zaino or didn't know how well it would hold up. I also know that RockPick loves Zaino and has been hoping very much for an update, so this one is dedicated to him and well as another real good friend Harley...

Old 01-11-2003, 12:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Detail Plus' paint sealant performed best in a salt water durability test I read. You can call them at 1-800-284-0123 to order some.

Old 01-11-2003, 09:09 AM
I too have been using Zaino. It has been holding up really well to all the snow, sleet, freezing rain, and finally....... salt. We've also had a pretty hard winter back here in NE PA.

Old 01-11-2003, 12:00 PM
Zaino Rocks!

Haven't done any salt tests, and don't plan to either cuz she sits in the drive if its snowing but last time i put zaino on was about 2 months ago. we've gotten quite a bit of rain and more snow already than the last 2 years combined, and the zaino is holding up awsome, and i see no problems with it lasting for another 3 or 4 months until its warmer again when i can apply more coats. and when it is warm enough to wash teh truck, after i dry it and Z6 quick detail it, it looks like i just finished putting another coat of polish on it. hands down the best stuff i've ever used.

Old 01-11-2003, 06:45 PM
Hey Sport,
I also have to agree. Zaino protection with all the road salt, snow and crap is great! After every wash I do a quick Z6 and it shines like it was just Z2'd, Just like Harley mentioned.

A few weekends ago it was 29 degrees and I got the truck clean and figured what the heck, I'll put on a coat really quick. My truck doesn't fit in the garage completly so i backed her in as far as I could and dropped the door to the bug deflector and cranked up my little space heater. I didn't use any ZFX and it took a while to dry, but it shined so nice. It was worth freezing my butt off. The next day we got a little flurry and the roads were a mess. Oh well, at least I had some extra protection.

TJ

Old 01-11-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Intel486
Detail Plus' paint sealant performed best in a salt water durability test I read. You can call them at 1-800-284-0123 to order some.
Intel:

Is that something you can use along with Zaino?

TJ98COBRA:

I have not used any Zaino not even the Z-6 because once I get home I still have some crap on it. Even without using any of it the truck still looks great I mean I am really impressed. Now I know it has most likely lost some of its protection and not like the last coat I did some 4 months ago, but the fact it still shines awesome, still beads water etc I know it still has alot of protection on there. Nothing like anything I have used before as far as winter and going 4 months with nothing put on.

Old 01-11-2003, 08:43 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Zaino

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
... I also know that RockPick loves Zaino and has been hoping very much for an update ...
Yeah, lemme tell ya, I've been loosing sleep waiting on an update and thank god it finally came. I can finally sleep again...

RP

Old 01-11-2003, 08:54 PM
Re: Re: Zaino

Originally posted by RockPick
Yeah, lemme tell ya, I've been loosing sleep waiting on an update and thank god it finally came. I can finally sleep again...

RP
You are sincerlly good people RockPick...

Old 01-11-2003, 11:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Intel:

Is that something you can use along with Zaino?
Probably. It doesn't contain any carnauba so Zaino can bond and it doesn't have cleaner so it won't remove previous layers. It is a synthetic.

Old 01-11-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Intel486
Probably. It doesn't contain any carnauba so Zaino can bond and it doesn't have cleaner so it won't remove previous layers. It is a synthetic.
Ok, so I would put it on first then use Zaino over it? or would you polish with the Zaino then apply the sealant? Do you know or do you think it would effect the shine?

Thanks for the information Intel.

Old 01-12-2003, 12:01 AM
was zaino included in that test? just curious.
i wouldn't see the need to use that and mixing it with zaino if the zaino is holding up just fine.
just my .02$

Old 01-12-2003, 01:55 AM
Harley your right, and thats what I figured but was just wondering. I don't know if they did or did not test Zaino, but from my personal experience with Zaino this year with a TON of non-stop salt I don't think it was included in the test. If it was it must have been a very close second.

Old 01-12-2003, 10:45 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Zaino this... Zaino that... BAH! LOL

RP

Old 01-13-2003, 03:11 PM
Zaino this... Zaino that... BAH! LOL
i think he's about to crack
so RP, when's the shipment of zaino coming in?

Old 01-13-2003, 03:26 PM
Harley:

You and I should think about sending RP a present next Xmas...

Quick Reply: Zaino