Detailer question

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Detailer question

How do you tell the good from the bad? I hesitate taking my truck to a detailer and getting it back with paint damage of some kind.

Old 01-14-2003, 10:36 PM
I guess it depends on your needs. Is it something you can do yourself? How old is your truck? What is the paint condition?

I've learned alot from this site and many others on detailing and I do detail on the side. I'm constantly learning new things, reading and sharing.

personally i don't trust anyone with my cars when it comes to detailing.
TJ

Old 01-14-2003, 11:47 PM
yeah, I guess it's just a personal opinion. I'm cautious about letting someone fool with my paint. Can anyone tell me how much a new paint job is?

Old 01-15-2003, 07:30 AM
A total paint job would depend on many things. That could range from $500-5000. depends on the body and prep work needed, and the paint you want.

do you have any pictures of your paint? is it heavily oxidized? swirled? rust? dents?
TJ

Old 01-15-2003, 07:50 AM
Lightbulb

When it comes to your paint you are the only one who will treat it the way it should be treated. If your paint isn't oxidized then I would suggest purchasing an orbital buffer (its low speed) from Sears or Walmart whatever you may have there. Next get some Mothers rubbing compound (liquid) go over it once or even twice if you have alot of scratches. Then change the bonnet or wash the one you have and then apply your favorite wax with the orbital buffer and you will see a major change. Orbitals or great because they are low speed and the cut waxing time by like 75%

Hope this helps need anything else email me

PD

Old 01-15-2003, 12:06 PM
the paint is completely new. I tried a wax myself when I first got the truck about 5 months ago. First with some Klasse All-in-One, then a coat of Klasse sealant. Tiny swirl marks were the result, but after reading the forums for a while, I see it's hard to avoid these. But, this took a lot of time, which I don't really have now since I'm starting my own business. That's why I was looking for a good detailer that might use some of the products mentioned on here, like Klasse, Zaino, or Mother's.

Quick Reply: Detailer question