I'm a BBB (Big Blue Believer)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up I'm a BBB (Big Blue Believer)

I got my Big Blue microfiber drying towel in the other day and that thing rocks! When I read someone else's post about how he had done nearly half his truck before ringing it out, I thought, that's bull. Nope. I finished 90% of the truck without ringing it out once. You gotta love it when a product actually does as it advertises.

Also, kudos to Eagle One tire cleaner. That stuff took all the brown "dingyness" off my tires. They look practically new again.

Thanks to all the good info on this board!

/Marcus

Last edited by grishfish; 01-13-2003 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-13-2003, 09:15 PM
cut off the edges though as most of the edges are sewn with poly fibers which will swirl your finish.

Old 01-14-2003, 12:23 AM
say it isn't so

Don't tell me that a company that manufactures "softer than cotton" towels puts poly nylon stitching in it!? I was only thinking about cutting off that tag.
If that's so, then once you cut the edge off, does it hold together well?

Old 01-14-2003, 11:18 AM
Where did you get it ?
How big is it ?

Old 01-14-2003, 08:24 PM
from

I got it from properautocare.com.

Old 01-16-2003, 01:49 PM
Re: I'm a BBB (Big Blue Believer)

Originally posted by grishfish
I got my Big Blue microfiber drying towel in the other day and that thing rocks! When I read someone else's post about how he had done nearly half his truck before ringing it out, I thought, that's bull. Nope. I finished 90% of the truck without ringing it out once. You gotta love it when a product actually does as it advertises.

Also, kudos to Eagle One tire cleaner. That stuff took all the brown "dingyness" off my tires. They look practically new again.

Thanks to all the good info on this board!

/Marcus
Grishfish,

Did you see any signs of microscratches on the paint prior to when you used the BB????

From within our souls, stood strong throughout the years, This runs through our veins We stay true to ourselves -Hatebreed-

Last edited by f-150_91; 01-16-2003 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-16-2003, 02:42 PM
I have some very light swirling you can only see in direct sunlight on some places. Why do you ask?

Old 01-16-2003, 03:25 PM
I need to update my inventory of drying supplies. I have some natural chamois i got from autozone but there getting alittle old. I was curious to know if the BB would cause swirls in the paint or microscraches. That's a big a$$ towel according to properautocare, lol

From within our souls, Stood strong throughout the years, This runs through our veins, We stay true to ourselves -Hatebreed-

Last edited by f-150_91; 01-16-2003 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:10 PM
i guesss...

Even if I have to cut the edges off, it's still the best drying towel (bar none) that I've ever seen.

Old 01-16-2003, 09:20 PM
question to properautocare.com

The original question:

"Someone told me that the threads that bind the edges of the Big Blue towel are some poly nylon thread and they suggested that it would put micro-scratches in the paint just like a bath towel with the edges. I suppose those threads might be 100% cotton, but I have no way of finding out. Do you know?"

The Answer:

"It boggles my mind where some of these "theories" come from. I have no idea what kind of thread is used to serge Microfiber towels but, after selling hundreds of thousands of them, I do know they will not scratch an automotive finish. We have our cotton wipe towels serged with polyester thread on purpose. I tried using a cotton thread but the towels fell apart after a few washings. Even with cotton towels and polyester serging, I have never experienced any swirls in buffing or drying...and I'm fussy! I would feel comfortable using any quality Microfiber towel on my car's finish.
Terry Freiberg
Classic Motoring acc "

Ok, so it's not a perfect answer, but you gotta give some credit to the source.

Quick Reply: I'm a BBB (Big Blue Believer)