Harley #356

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harley #356

I want to ask you a question. How do you like Zaino? Does it work well with dark colors like the black on your truck and wedgewood blue? 01 XLT Sport told me to ask you about it. Because he said you were impressed with Zaino. What do you think about it? *puts microphone to Harleys mouth*

Old 01-17-2003, 03:28 PM
well i'm sure you've probably heard it too, and before i took the "dive" into getting zaino...practically everything they have, this had me a little worried

alot of people said zaino is good for light colors, klasse is good for dark colors...

well i think over time this statement just got too over generalized, and what it originally meant was zaino is one of the best possible polishes for white paint, and klasse one of the best possible ones for dark paint, even though, zaino is still incredibly awsome for dark colors too!

I chose zaino over klasse despite what others said, mostly because of their system. I don't have a garage, and with the klasse you are supposed to let it sit on the truck for hours at a time before you buff it offf, and i just don't like the thought of my truck sitting outside with polish on it, and every piece of dirt/dust/pollen that falls on the truck sticking to it, and me having to buff all that crap into my paint by the time the stuff dries. Too long of a process for me.

people make zaino out like it takes 2 years to do and you have to keep up with it nonstop. totally not true.

as with any new polish/wax/sealant/whatever, you should dawn wash, claybar, and rewash before you start the new process. This just leaves the polishing itself to be done, which was suprisingly easy!

Super easy on, super easy off. I've never used anything that was this easy to apply/remove. And with the zfx, by the time you finish applying z2 or z5 to the truck, its ready to be buffed off. and thats what i like, no down time while detailing. after you finish that, then just go over the truck with z6 and you're done if you don't want to do anymore.

usually what i do, is i do 3 coats in a day, cuz thats the max with zfx so it has time to bond right. I use zfx with everything, and i use z5 for all my base coats, and z2 for my final top coat and all the chrome. I use about 1 oz of polish for my entire truck per coat. So i'll get about 16 coats out of my one bottle of zfx, z2, and z5.

I've got 9 coats on it in the 1st two months i had the zaino cuz it was so easy to do, and i wanted to get a good amount before winter came. I haven't used any in over a month, and after i wash and z6 it, the truck looks like it was just polished. i see no problems at all with it holding up for another 3 or 4 months until its nice enough out where i can do another coat or 3

During the spring/summer/fall i dust the truck every day with a cali car duster, and every 3 days i go over it with the z6 quick detailer. If it doesn't rain, i can go 3-4 weeks without washing my truck if it doesn't get too dirty and it'll still look like it was just polished. I love the stuff if you can't tell
plus, with the z6, its got anti-static properties or something like that, so it doesn't attract the dust and stuff, so i find my truck stays cleaner longer.

No washing once or twice a week for me. screw that! once every 2 weeks maybe during the winter, but during the other 3 seasons, it gets washed maybe every 3 weeks or after each rain storm, and it looks great!

Zaino rock!!!!

Old 01-17-2003, 04:58 PM
Did I not tell you Harley was impressed with Zaino?

I would add to Harleys review a few more comments that I have about Zaino.

As he said it is really awesome. The part I like the best about it is you do NOT have to use a buffer with it. If you did use a buffer with it, it does NOT add any more shine so it would be a waste of time with a buffer.

Now, that is important to me, because unlike Harley, I am a big wuss when it comes to evening thinking about using a buffer on my paint. I have never really used one but do know if not careful you could cause damage to the paint etc.

Harley, Intel and a few others on here are pro's when it comes to professional detailing which includes using a buffer. I am by far NOT a professional detailer, as I stated a wuss about even trying a buffer on my truck, now my X-wife, I wouldn't mind trying the buffer on her car, but don't think that will happen.

Anyway my point is if someone is like me, not a professional detailer, or someone that does NOT have alot of experience with a buffer then Zaino is the way to go. It will shine as well if not better then just about anything on the market, or at least from the products I have seen around here.

I can attest to its durability. I have approx. 5 - 6 coats on my truck, the last coat was applied approx. 4 months ago before winter. This winter has been a real good one here back east, ALOT of snow, ALOT of salt, and ALOT of cold days.

I have not been able to wash my truck by hand for 4 months (last time I applied a coat of Zaino) so I have had to use the car wash, it has been washed basically 1 sometimes 2 times a week because of the salt. That is approx. 20 - 25 car washes. Since it has been so cold I have not really been able to use the Z-6 after the car wash.

It still shines great, stills beads water, and some people at work still think I polish it once every two weeks or so. Now, it beads because of the Zaino, I don't use the wax from the spray gun at the car wash, I am usally already spending about $10 just to get the salt and road grime off of it.

I don't know how the Zaino looks on dark colors as far as hazing. I have a silver truck and when I put it on its really hard to tell its there unless you look at it from an angle (as far as hazing) after applied. You can really tell after you buff it off. You want to use a little and not alot. The first time I used it (I always use the ZFX) I didn't see it they way I thought I should so I used to much and then it was tough buffing it off. If you use it like they recommend, a little, it is as Harley said, very easy on, very easy off.

If you decide to give it a try let Harley and I know what you think.

Old 01-17-2003, 05:35 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Harley#356
Zaino rock!!!!
Hrrm, either you forgot the 'S' or, you're trying to send subliminal messages to me... rockpick... that I should go and purchase Zaino.

I can play the game too...

MEGHARLEY356UIARS....

RP

Old 01-17-2003, 06:25 PM
Thanks for that great review Harley and 01. I've never tried Zaino. But I am willing to because of all the great things I hear about it from you guy's. In fact, I've never ever heard anything negative said about Zaino at all. So if it's that good I'll try it. If one coat lasts 4 or 5 months and it's easy on/off, it sounds like a winner to me. It's definatley worth a try. I'll get some from Zainobros.com and let you know how things go. Thanks again!

Old 01-17-2003, 06:44 PM
No problem Peacemaker. Do me a favor if you try it let me know what you think of its duribility, and how long you think it last. Like I said I am impressed with how well it has lasted so far but would like hearing from others what their opinions are on it.

I will tell you this once you put a coat on you'll like it, after about 3 coats it looks awesome. Note that it can get addictive with how good it looks and how easy it is to put on you many end up putting a coat on every month or sooner after you get the first 2 or 3 on.

Old 01-17-2003, 06:54 PM
I'll problably order some in February. I've got a birthday coming up in Feb. So I'll have a little money to fool with. And I'll let you know everything.

Old 01-17-2003, 07:00 PM
Oh, I hope I don't get too adicted to Zaino. My neighbors already make fun of me for waxing and shining my truck up all the time. My neighbor told me one day she was looking out her window and I was taking the bottom of my shirt and polishing a spot off on my truck. She told me I've got it bad. I guess I'm to **** about my truck.

Old 01-17-2003, 08:30 PM
Now, that is important to me, because unlike Harley, I am a big wuss when it comes to evening thinking about using a buffer on my paint.
i'm right with ya there! all my polishing on my truck is done by hand. i'm too afraid i'd screw something up. LoL. but you're right, it looks amazing for being hand done!

Harley, Intel and a few others on here are pro's when it comes to professional detailing which includes using a buffer.
I'm definatly not a professional detailer and have never used a buffer before in my life. LoL. I do know a good amount about detailing, mostly tricks for shows and stuff, but i definatly wouldn't put myself up there with intel's knowledge

I don't know how the Zaino looks on dark colors as far as hazing. I have a silver truck and when I put it on its really hard to tell its there unless you look at it from an angle
its still a little tough to see, but its like a semigloss look to the paint when its applied, and super gloss when its buffed off. i couldn't imagine trying to do a white truck. that would drive me crazy trying to see if i missed any spots. LoL!

Hrrm, either you forgot the 'S' or, you're trying to send subliminal messages to me... rockpick... that I should go and purchase Zaino.

I can play the game too...

MEGHARLEY356UIARS....
LoL! i think i must be subliminally sending subliminal messages or something. LoL!

Megga Harley356 liars? i don't understand. LoL! it must be the zaino fumes protecting me. LoL!

My neighbor told me one day she was looking out her window and I was taking the bottom of my shirt and polishing a spot off on my truck. She told me I've got it bad. I guess I'm to **** about my truck.
You've got nothing to worry about until you start doing stuff like removing taillights to polish behind them, doing the bottom of the hood, the bed, the door sills, UNDER the truck, taking out the spare tire and polishing that, etc. etc. LoL. Then they'll want to take you away and put you in that padded room like they are thinking about doing with me. LoL!

o yeah, just one more thing. on the other site, soembody emailed Sal Zaino and asked him a few questions and they posted it on the boards his replies.

Somebody said you need a ton of coats and keep redoing it for protection. Sal said (and others can attest to this such as 01) one coat of zaino is very durable by itself. He said one coat of z2/5 will last roughly 6 months, where a regular wax would last maybe 3 in the same conditions. After the 1st coat there is a huge difference in appearance of the truck, and it gets better and better up to 5 coats. After that your results for the work get less and less, cuz you can only get so shiney. LoL, but its so easy its addictive and you jsut find yourself doing 3 more coats when you just did 3 coats a week ago. LoL

PICK zaino, it ROCKs!!!!!LoL!

Old 01-17-2003, 08:50 PM
I'll agree to that "one coat and it looks great" and as Harley said and is my experence it gets better and better up to about 5 coats then it basically levels off (I guess) it just seems so damn good looking you want to keep going.

Harley:

So I shouldn't be removing my tail lights to get behind them? Doing the door jams? or under the hood? hmmmmmmmmm

Oh and thats a good one:

"PICK zaino, it ROCKs!!!!!LoL!"

Old 01-17-2003, 10:45 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Harley#356
PICK zaino, it ROCKs!!!!!LoL!
Pick my nose!!

RP

Old 01-18-2003, 10:35 AM
Zaino is very good stuff! I recommend a few coats of Z5, followed by an occasional coat of Z2. Seems to give the dark colors a wetter deeper look.

Here's a couple of pics with 2 coats of Z5 and 2 coats of Z2 on Gray.

http://home.ptd.net/~dtraver/Untitled-5.jpg

http://home.ptd.net/~dtraver/Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited by Boss_429; 01-18-2003 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-18-2003, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the pix Boss429. They look good! Btw, how's f-150.net doing?

Old 01-18-2003, 01:10 PM
Doing fine!

Old 01-18-2003, 01:55 PM
That's good. I am a member there too.

Quick Reply: Harley #356