Poor truck got egged

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 02:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poor truck got egged

I spent most of the night with my fiance while she was babysitting/housesitting for some friends of hers. Her friends have a daughter who is about 15 years old or so. Well, when it was time for me to go home for the night, I walked out to find out that my truck had been egged (unluckily, her house only has parking on the street). I don't think that it was actually hit on the paint because I didn't notice any actual splash marks (I know what they usually look like), but there was plenty of egg yolk all down the door of my truck and some on my fender. I took the truck to a car wash and sprayed all of the yolk off. Hopefully I got it all cleaned up.

My question is: Is there anything that I can or need to do now to my truck to protect the paint or to make sure that what happened doesn't do any further damage to the paint.

Hopefully Intel will check this out and enlighten everyone on the effects of egg on paint jobs.

I did a search on egg and that is only a 3 letter word so it didn't work. eggs only pulled up something on bacon and eggs, and egged didn't help much either.

Thanks in advance for any worthwhile responses.

Old 01-19-2003, 10:49 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I responded in the SuperCrew forum to this question but, thought I'd roam up here and respond as well.

I don't think all is lost with your truck...

Had the egg dried?

I'll stick with my recomendation of using a few coats of wax over the affected areas. It was mentioned earlier that a clay bar would help you out but, I'm not sure that it will unless some of the egg particles became 'bonded' to the paint and need a little ooompah to remove them.

Clay is designed to remove stubborn, stuck-on contamination that is bonded with your paint (IE: Tar, Rail Dust....) that doesn't come off with washing/drying alone.

From the sounds of it, it only sat on your paint for a few hours tops and thus, I'd say you're in good shape. If it had dried, overnight, and then you didn't see it until 2pm after the sun had had it's way with it, I'd be pretty concerned. As it is, I'd say you'll be okay.

As for the a$$hole kids that pulled this stunt; I'd do my best to find out who did it and scare the bejesus out of them. Oh yeah, be sure to stay within applicable laws for your state while chasing them down the road with a large caliber shotgun... You know what I mean... LOL

RP

Old 01-19-2003, 11:34 AM
RockPick:

lrhogfan brings up a good subject about moron kids that don't seem to have a brain. I'll ask this question though. If you have a good wax/polish on your truck and maintain it with wax/polish on a regular basis and then say someone put egg on it would the wax/polish protect the paint from damage? What if it did sit in the sun for half a day?

I do know that egg along with bird crap are not good and should be taken off as soon as possible, just wondering how long a good wax/polish would protect the paint, as compared to no wax/polish on it.

Old 01-19-2003, 01:12 PM
It would probley be good if you could hand wash the truck and actually make contact on the areas where the egg was. Spraying it off at the car wash will leave some still on the paint but i bet if you hand wash your truck and throw on a coat of wax or 2, you should be alright.
just my .02

Old 01-20-2003, 11:31 PM
I got it washed up pretty good on Saturday night and had it washed again on Sunday afternoon. It warmed up to 50-60 degrees here in Arkansas on Sunday and it was a beautiful day. I haven't had time to wax her yet, but I will be getting to it pretty soon. I am glad that I had put a coat on her not too long ago, maybe it helped, maybe it didn't, but I feel better about it anyway. I can't see that there is any permanent damage. Nothing hurt but my feelings. If I could find out who did it, I would probably bust an egg or two over their heads. Other than that, I am cooled down. It's probably a good thing I didn't catch them because I don't want to go to jail. Thanks for the advice guys.

Old 01-21-2003, 06:08 PM
ouch! sorry to hear that! i dont understand how people can be such aholes

my 85 was egged when it was barley a year old. i had 10 coats of liquid glass on it. went to bed, was egged that night, didnt' go out to the truck until 2 days later....well thats the end of that story. now i've got a nice dull "splat" pattern across the hood from where the egg *******ed up the paint

Quick Reply: Poor truck got egged