Meguiars DA Polisher, thoughts, opinions???????

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 10:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Richard D
BOSS_429 here is a site that seems to have the same type of pads that the Meguiars are but of a better quality foam and they are a little less in price. I have went ahead and ordered some of them and I know the guy who wrote all the instructions seem to think these are teh best he has found. Here is the site.
www.properautocare.com

Richard D.
The ones I got from the started to have the backing on them come off after a few months.

Old 03-02-2003, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intel 486 which pads are you using then ? And did you call them up and complain to see if they would send you some new ones? They seem to think there pads are the best quality available so you should have called them and confronted them on it, I sure would have. But then again I call anyone and everyone if anything at all displeases me with there products. Most places are more than willing to replace or at least give a coupon for a replacement product and that applies to anything from food and drink to Meguairs products. Meguairs just sent me a new bottle of Vinyl Cleaner Conditioner because i dropped the bottle a few inches off the ground and it shattered and i told them i thought it should not have broken so they offereed to send me a new one.They also told me thanks to customer input about such things they are currently working on getting a new plastic bottle that shouldn't break if dropped.
Then when i got the new one it had a free container of there new wipes they have.

Richard D.

Old 03-03-2003, 11:08 AM
BOSS_429 I see that you have listed several of the Meguiars cleaners, however some have said that the Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner is for heavy oxidation so what cleaner are you using with the PC? I am and have been using a cleaner that is in there Consumer line which is Step 1 of the Deep Crystal System. Theones that say Fine Cut ,Heavy Cut scare the hell out of me just by the name on them alone. So dod I stick with what i have been using or upgrade to one of the Pro Lines they sell and then which one?

Richard D.

Old 03-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Richard D
Intel 486 which pads are you using then ? And did you call them up and complain to see if they would send you some new ones? They seem to think there pads are the best quality available so you should have called them and confronted them on it, I sure would have. But then again I call anyone and everyone if anything at all displeases me with there products. Most places are more than willing to replace or at least give a coupon for a replacement product and that applies to anything from food and drink to Meguairs products. Meguairs just sent me a new bottle of Vinyl Cleaner Conditioner because i dropped the bottle a few inches off the ground and it shattered and i told them i thought it should not have broken so they offereed to send me a new one.They also told me thanks to customer input about such things they are currently working on getting a new plastic bottle that shouldn't break if dropped.
Then when i got the new one it had a free container of there new wipes they have.

Richard D.
Probably should have.

I'm just going to get them locally. It is cheaper for me anyways not haing to pay CMA's huge shipping costs.

BTW, their pads are just relabeled Lake Country Mfg. Pads.

Old 03-03-2003, 05:55 PM
Richard D,

The Medallion Paint cleaner, is a very good cleaner, and can be used with the PC, or by hand. The paint cleaner in the Deep Crystal system is pretty good stuff, but not nearly as good as the Medallion cleaner.................. at least in my opinion. As a matter of fact I would get the Clear Coat Body Scrub before the Deep Crystal cleaner. Still, the Medallion is a better cleaner. It may not be the best, but it is very good.

There's little doubt in most peoples minds that the Meguiar's professional line is better than the consumer line. I also agree that you want to stay away from the "Cuts", until you become a little familar with the PC. Remember, you don't need the cuts anyhow, unless you have some "serious" swirls or scratches. If you decide that you need something to clean up some serious swirl marks, or scratches, I would strongly suggest the Meguiar's DACP. It has the same abrassiveness as the Fine Cut, but is easier to work with. Also, you can "cover up" minor swirls and scratches with the #9 followed by #7.

Most people who know me, know that I try all kinds of different products from many different companies. Having said that, one could pretty much stick with the Meguiars professional line of products and be a very happy detailer............. but that wouldn't be much fun!

Old 03-03-2003, 08:58 PM
Thanks BOSS_429 looks like the Medallion it is. Thanks again for all the info. INTEL486 i am a bit confused about your statement with regard to CMA's HUGE shipping costs, I just placed an order with them and found there shipping rates to be reasonable not the lowest but certainly not anywhere near high. But to each his own if you think there high then they are high for you. Thanks for the input you gave as well.

Richard D.

Old 03-04-2003, 12:07 AM
I just looked at a couple of my post bills from CMA. Had a $10.95 shipping charge on a $54 order and a $13.95 shipping charge on a $74 order. I think that is pretty high.

Old 03-04-2003, 06:17 AM
That's one reason I like doing business with the guys at Premium Auto Care. No shipping charge on orders over $75, and I don't have to pay any state tax..................... at least not yet?

Old 03-04-2003, 10:55 AM
WOW that's odd I just placed a 50.00 order and they charged me 7.95 shipping Sorry to her they charged you so much Intel486. BOSS_429 does Premium auto care have a website? Also a bit off subject if you guys need to buy regular truck parts and can wait a few days try www.rockauto.com the prices are great but you have to stick with the satndard HOME delivery or even the business if you have a busines address you can ship to otherwise the 2 and 3 day shipping charges are INSANE. Well worth the wait if you can wait for the parts you need. In fact i am taking some Raybestos brake shoes back today because i found this place and they can save me about 25.00 on the set.

Richard D.

Old 03-04-2003, 11:14 AM
Richard,

They sure do. Really nice guys to deal with!

http://www.premiumautocare.com/

Here's the page on the pads that I posted a few posts back.

http://www.premiumautocare.com/megsofbuffoa.html

Old 03-05-2003, 12:03 AM
Richard,
A good place to start is Meg's website has a 3 pack of 2 polishing pad's & 1 wax pad for about 24.00. That's what I started with. Then went to CMA pad's and now back to Meg's pad's . I seem to like them better,but will continue to try other's as I come across them. Just wanted to put my .02 in here

Fall

Old 03-05-2003, 11:12 AM
Your .02 is always welcome here.

Thanks,
Richard D.

Old 03-05-2003, 04:05 PM
If your thinking about the advanced pads from properautocare,
topoftheline.com has the same ones from lake country. They
call theirs 7" but they are the same. If you buy any combo
of 6 pads they are $7.50 each. Otherwise they are $8.25 each.

http://www.topoftheline.com/7durvelpad.html

Old 03-05-2003, 04:25 PM
Damn, this thread turned out to be a really good debate When I get my PC, I would like to start out with CMA's pads as they offer more pads for better flexibility, which will help me out alot when I start up my detailing business this spring and summer. Now if I can just learn how to use a rotary then I'll be set

Old 03-05-2003, 04:59 PM
BOSS_429 Thank for the premium auto car site they have the Meguiars Medallion Cleaner for less that Megiaurs themselves sell it. However i think that Premium Auto Care and Classic Motoring Accessories are the same company or something like that they are connected somehow.
Richard D.

O yeah this did turn out to be a good topic of conversation.

Last edited by Richard D; 03-05-2003 at 05:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Meguiars DA Polisher, thoughts, opinions???????