Wink

You got to be a rich pecker to buy those Xenarcs, must be nice ,,,,98

Just kidding RP

Old 03-12-2003, 03:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 . . .

Originally posted by 98SCREAMER
Paid $15 for mine, including 8 1/4% sales tax
This doesn't mean the output is worth $15, though. The Silverstars look yellow, and have less light on the road where it counts compared to these. No offense to the Silverstar users out there, but try xenon bulbs once and you'll never go back.,,,,98

Do I need to know more than just Eurolites and Xenon? Is there a model number I should know to make this easy?

Are these Xenon bulbs really WHITE to the point of being objectionable to oncoming traffic?

Also, you said in another post "Nope, no modifications required, they're stock wattage. They put out WAY more light, at least with euro clear headlights that is. "
Does that suggest that these Xenon bulbs may not do as expected here with my stock head lights (meaning just replacing the bulbs)?

Thanks,

Tom Hall

Old 03-12-2003, 06:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Paid $15 for mine, including 8 1/4% sales tax
This doesn't mean the output is worth $15, though. The Silverstars look yellow, and have less light on the road where it counts compared to these. No offense to the Silverstar users out there, but try xenon bulbs once and you'll never go back.,,,,98

Don't know if maybe you were looking at something you THOUGHT were Silverstars, because mine have absolutely no yellow tint at all. Extremely white light. Most other folks in here with the Silverstars seem to feel the light is extremely white as well.

BTW - I thought I had read a few postings in here about the Eurolites having a much shorter lifespan than regular lights? Any experience with that?

THall -

The Silverstars are really white, but they never seem to irritate oncoming traffic...

Also, there is a BIG difference between Eurolites (98 screamer's bulbs) and Eurolights (not available for $15 though). Look at the Eurolight web site, the Sylvania web site and you can get info on the true lumens output, color temperature, etc. Marketing aside, these numbers show which lights are whiter and brighter...

To RockPicks's point, the Sylvania site even lists those paltry Xenarcs in the lighting comparison. I don't know why he is always bragging: they are not quite as bright as the SUN !!

Old 03-12-2003, 08:17 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You got to be a rich pecker to buy those Xenarcs, must be nice ,,,,98

Just kidding RP
HAHAHA! Rich pecker? Heck man, try actually got a few bucks for his birthday.... I doubt I would've done it all on my own.

RP

Old 03-12-2003, 10:43 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
First off they were Silverstars, because I bought them and installed them myself. They did look yellow to me. I read all that same hype and decided to buy a set. They can talk all they want about color temps and all that junk, I wasn't all that impressed. I'm not saying they're junk, just that for the money I'd rather use my favorite brand.

Since getting the clear headlights and aftermarket bulbs, only a handful of people have flashed high beams at me, and boy were they ever sorry I never had the Eurolites before getting the clear headlights, so I can't help you on that respect. I would think that they would be just as bright, but maybe a difference in what hits the road?? Not sure?

I guess they could have a shorter lifespan than "regular" bulbs, 6 months to a year seems like a decent lifespan for bulbs of this nature, especially since I get them for such a good price.

Eurolites "fuzions" or "xenon crystal" in 9007's are all you need to know to buy a pair. Truth be told I never looked for a part number on them.,,,,98

Old 03-17-2003, 01:02 AM
Hey 98Screamer . . .

"Since getting the clear headlights and aftermarket bulbs"clear headlights

Where did you find the clear headlights and how much were they.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 03-17-2003, 09:15 PM
Thumbs up

They're Depo brand, and can be bought from www.bulletcustoms.com I know for sure they carry them. You can also get them from www.matrixracing.com I won mine on ebay for $125, back when they were over $200 a set. They're down to like $140 to $170 now? They've been the best quality of ANY aftermarket light I've bought. I am on my third set of aftermarket tails, and front corners. All of them were good, but the headlights have been the best. No yellowing, crazing, loss of chromed finish, or anything like that. The left one does fog sometimes, but that could be from a loose bulb O-ring or a rock chip too small for me to see. It didn't start doing that until they were over a year old I should also mention. Time to pull them out and do the silicone fixit,,,,98

Old 03-17-2003, 11:14 PM
Thanks 98Screamer for the reply

It has my interest, I'll check it out!

Tom Hall

Old 04-06-2003, 11:12 PM
Hey 98Screamer . . .

I did the 9005 EL-S/ EuroLights(tm) ION Yellow-SuperBright bulb replacements on my fogs and for $29 for the pair including shipping they made a whale of a difference. I bought them from www.eurolights.com.

I also did the Silverstars for my headlights. I am happy with the end result.

Eurolights were the only ones I could find (via your tip) that fit the fog lights AND were yellow. They are not all THAT yellow, but it still makes sense to me to use yellow for fog lights.

Thanks for your input - I used it.

Tom Hall

Last edited by THall; 04-06-2003 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:50 PM
I myself have the Silverstars and since installing them I have gotten more people flashing there high beams at me than ever before. Even more so that when my truck was brand new. Rear pasnagers in cars are also turing around when I pull up behind them and waving at me to turn my headlights down then I flash my highs at them and they go blind it's kind of funny to watch. Mine have absouloutly no yellow tint to them what so ever and I have had the wife drive the truck away and then back at me just to check them. I also replaced my Fog Lights with the Silverstarts and the improvemnt is very noticable. I recently saw in my www.performanceproducts.com catalog they are now selling a HID kit for around 499.00 that just replaces the bulbs and add the ballasts and all plug an go wireing hardware. I think they are made by Xenarc but not sure on thatI jst breifly saw them in my cataolg the other day. And I got my 10.00 REBATE COUPON for the Silverstars at my local PEPBOYS

Richard D.

Whiel your here check out my gallery:
https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=2479

Old 04-30-2003, 02:05 PM
So many different brands now. I would just look at pictures of what people have and there stories. That will help you out on what your looking for. Ohh and since you asked. http://www.showparts.com/default.php/cPath/21_64

Last edited by White Knight; 04-30-2003 at 02:07 PM.
Old 05-03-2003, 02:15 AM
Banned
For the silverstar haters take a look.........
STOCK lights

Silverstar Bulbs

Old 05-03-2003, 11:31 AM
Why do the pics look so different, aside from the lights themselves?? Looks like the color in the camera was adjusted, or the white balance. And why no flash in the second pic? The second pic is also blurry? Not saying they're not Silverstars, but why the difference in the pics? When I put Silverstars in my truck, they looked like your first pic? Here's the page showing my Eurolites on high beam.,,,,98

Eurolites

Old 05-03-2003, 11:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These have been doctored!

Well, maybe not, but the first pic the lights are on and the second they are off! You can clearly see the whole engine bay and the grill in the first. The second you can't see either. Ofcourse if you took one in the day it will look dimmer. I have stock L lights and they look a hell of a lot brighter than that. Yeah, they're yellow, but they are brighter. And your second pic looks like the flashes from Hiroshima!

I think we need some side by side photo comparisons. Cause if I could get that for under 100 bucks I would definatley buy it.

(oh, the corner lights are also about 5 times brighter in the second????)

Old 05-03-2003, 12:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
on another look, as comparison, you can see the hood light in the grainier/blury photo. I don't know what they did with the 01's, but my 99 hood lamp does not get so bright that it appears to blend into a white hood.

Whats the deal Spankdog?

Quick Reply: Xexon Headlight bulbs