Xexon Headlight bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 12:50 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dunno what the deal was. I put them in in the evening and when i was done it was dark outside. I guess the camera was freakin out.

Old 05-04-2003, 09:56 AM
Banned
I needed a set of new bulbs for the fogs after the silver stars exploded when water hit them. I had mobil aquariums in my fogs and i mean, literally.

At any rate, i went to the Sylvania Xenarc's and needed something to match.

I cruised over to Ebay and found these Nokya Artic Purples. I will tell you, they MATCH HID's perfectly. I got em for like $21 shipped. They are brighter then the piaa's for 1/16th less the price.

I now have yellow ion's in the fogs and i switch between these and the purples from time to time.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

I just thought I'd add my pic to the discussion here. These are the Eurolites, which I took a pic of last night. I also have Eurolite xenon 55 watt bulbs in the bumper lights, so they match the headlights. The camera doesn't really tell the whole story, as they just look bright white here. They are actually white, with a very slight blue tint.,,,,98

Old 05-06-2003, 07:03 PM
Has anyone ever tried the aftermarket bulbs from ??

They are supposed to be brighter with a blue tint to them. But its an 80 watt bulb on low beam & 100 under high beam.
Wouldnt that eventually burn out the connector?

Let me know before i buy them. They cost 17.96 shipped a pair!

I hate the OE yellow look.

Old 05-07-2003, 12:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I must have replied to 20 of these posts looking for brighter or HID look bulbs. I agree with RockPick in that the full Xenarc replacement system (bulbs, lenses, reflectors, etc.) is the ultimate way to fly, but for many of us the cost is simply prohibitive. Let me try to clarify the issue and offer some personal opinions on getting more light.

First of all, changing the bulb in ANY light can increase the amount of light coming out of that light - but it will all be pretty much in the same PATTERN as before. Remember, you didn't change the reflector or lens. The only other variable here is the placement of the filament within the bulb. This can (and does) affect aim. The basic rule is that if your light distribution pattern sucks, brighter bulbs won't help much.

Second, if you want more light in a specific area, you'll need to add specilized lighting. Want to see way down the road? Add some driving or pencil beams. Want to see even farther? Add some high output bulbs to those lights. (That's what I did.) Want to see further out to the sides and "under" fog or snow? Add some fog lights. All of these options CHANGE the pattern.

Third, there appears to be some creative calculations going on as to bulb output (wattage) and the real need for heavy duty wiring. The formula P=VA (Watts=Volts x Amps) applies here in all cases. I have heard a number of folks with only marginally more powerful bulbs (70/80's) talking about frying their harnesses when they didn't pop a fuse. Hmmm. Makes little sense. I'm running 80/100's and I've opted (just in case) to go with an HD harness.

Finally, adding higher output bulbs MIGHT **** off oncoming drivers. Color has a lot to do with it here. So does aim. I've seen some plain old "HID look" bulbs that look like night lights because they're so blue that no light makes it out. (Do you want to look cool and crash into stuff?) On the other hand, a true "super white" bulbs in even moderately hight output could really tick somebody off - even when properly aimed. Hope that helps.

Old 05-07-2003, 06:58 PM
I don't get flashed very often, but when they do they're in for a surprise, hehe. I also just put some KC's, with 100 watt xenons behind the grill. That would be the next thing if they persist in flashing at me. My headlights are aligned properly, and I hardly ever have this happen though.,,,98

Old 05-24-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
Hehehe... why just get Xenon bulbs when you can go XENARC is my mottos...

RP
Thats what im talking about!!!!

Jag

Old 05-24-2003, 10:28 AM
Wink

Cause 25 people out of 100 "might" have the cash to drop on them, and 5 out of that hundred might actually consider dropping $500+ on a set of headlights, plus spend an hour or two installing everything required. Some people on here act like that kind of cash is chicken feed, but to some of us, it's two, or even three weeks( a months'?) disposable income possibly. I could do Xenarcs, but I'd have to do without other things. I don't need bright headlights that badly ,,,,98

Old 05-24-2003, 10:35 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by 98SCREAMER
Cause 25 people out of 100 "might" have the cash to drop on them, and 5 out of that hundred might actually consider dropping $500+ on a set of headlights, plus spend an hour or two installing everything required. Some people on here act like that kind of cash is chicken feed, but to some of us, it's two, or even three weeks( a months'?) disposable income possibly. I could do Xenarcs, but I'd have to do without other things. I don't need bright headlights that badly ,,,,98
Well, I feel that I need to respond to that one...

First, they're less than $500 now. They're runnint $455 +S&H of course at www.suvlights.com.

Secondly, installation, pending you know how to disconnect your battery cables, takes all of 30 minutes tops. It's very much plug and play.

Cash is NEVER chicken feed to me. In fact, I doubt it's feed to many folks driving a F-150. Not that it's a poor vehicle, it's just not the type of vehicle that many folks drive that have 'disposable' income. My income is not anywhere newar disposable unfortunately.

I agree on the premice of your post however. They are expensive however, like a supercharger, when you drop a chunk of change like this on something, you would expect nothing less than to be in awe. That's where these lights come in. I had already made up my mind that if they were 'half-***' that I wouldn't keep them and move on. All I can say is WOW. They're worth every penny of the original $800 pricetag.

If you have the monies available, try them out. I promise that you won't be sorry that you did.

RP

Old 05-24-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
Well, I feel that I need to respond to that one...

First, they're less than $500 now. They're runnint $455 +S&H of course at www.suvlights.com.

Secondly, installation, pending you know how to disconnect your battery cables, takes all of 30 minutes tops. It's very much plug and play.

Cash is NEVER chicken feed to me. In fact, I doubt it's feed to many folks driving a F-150. Not that it's a poor vehicle, it's just not the type of vehicle that many folks drive that have 'disposable' income. My income is not anywhere newar disposable unfortunately.

I agree on the premice of your post however. They are expensive however, like a supercharger, when you drop a chunk of change like this on something, you would expect nothing less than to be in awe. That's where these lights come in. I had already made up my mind that if they were 'half-***' that I wouldn't keep them and move on. All I can say is WOW. They're worth every penny of the original $800 pricetag.

If you have the monies available, try them out. I promise that you won't be sorry that you did.

RP
Rockpick,

Excellent post and I absoultely agree. The Xenarcs are worth every penny!

Jag

Old 05-24-2003, 02:52 PM
Unhappy

I may have to do just that, try them out that is. What sucks right now is everything I've done to the truck is trying to fail on me at once, lol! I just had to chunk my subwoofer amp in the garbage, dang POS, powered up about once a week. So now I'm running on my old amp, with no rear cab speakers and about 200 less watts than the sub is rated for. I will do without rear speakers to have some thump, hehe. That brings me to the next thing. My previous sub popped a wire off the cone two months out of warranty. That was $102 with tax for an Audiobahn AW1000Q 10" sub. Just replaced my windshield a week or so ago, started cracking on me, $250. My headlight capsules have some sort of coating on them, and that is starting to come off. About three weeks ago someone pried my door handle up, and took my HU and EQ, $362 for a new Kenwood base model eXcelon, and $53 for the door handle. These things and more have put a major dent in my finances this year. You can see I'm not against decent products, as I did an upgrade on each mishap with the stereo system. Maybe next year when I'm back on the road and making some money, I will be able to afford the Xenarc state of awe.,,,,98

All this since February? It's enough to try anyones' patience. And I'm a very patient man.

Last edited by 98SCREAMER; 05-24-2003 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-24-2003, 04:23 PM
Moderator &

Wow Screamer... sounds like you've had some crappy luck here lately. Best of luck in getting everything resolved.

RP

Old 05-24-2003, 04:32 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks man, I NEED it, lol! I'm still going ahead with the 99 up conversion though. I have a grill, Lightning insert, and bumper with upper pad so far. The HD valance is not made yet, sigh. Otherwise I'd have that done already.,,,,98

Old 05-25-2003, 11:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RP,

"Disposable Income" Is that the (sizeable) part of my income my ex gets? This may explain why I don't have Xenarcs in my truck. Come to think of it, she does. Hmmm.

Old 05-25-2003, 11:59 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 2stroked
RP,

"Disposable Income" Is that the (sizeable) part of my income my ex gets? This may explain why I don't have Xenarcs in my truck. Come to think of it, she does. Hmmm.
LOL 2stroked. Man, that sucks. Sorry about that. I guarantee your X can see extremely well at night with those Xarcs though.

RP

Quick Reply: Xexon Headlight bulbs