is this a lightning site or what

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 10:41 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If you don't agree look at the main page 4 of 5 slots in the newly updated forum lists belong to the lightning forum.
That just means that they are post ******

Do yourself a favor, and bookmark the forum page directly, that way you can see where the new topics are at in the individual pages. I stopped using the main page quite a while ago, and just book marked the forum page itself. Quick scan, of the areas, and you can see where the new items are at.

Myself, I have been accused of wrenching on my truck as much as those "other" owners, but then again I have also been called a nut case ( as the milder things, I also always get a happy mother's day greeting, b/c I am a MF'er )

Steve

Old 04-04-2003, 03:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don' t those L folks use a different set of tools?
Got to give it to em, they're up all night trying to get their truck a .10 of a sec. faster! That takes perserverance!

SCAB driver here, but I have the seats reclined to the back bench, so I could be considered a two seater...technically, right?

Old 04-04-2003, 07:24 AM
I will agree that there are a lot of Lightning Forum posts in the main page, but it is a good point to check out the forums page. I usually just check out the "Posts since last visit" pages and skim them for threads and posts of interest to me. I will agree though that many of hte Lightning/Harley owners have a lot of useful knowledge most of the time though. I have a 1998 XLT 4x4 Supercab, and am 22, and worked my a$$ off to pay it off. I paid for about 2/3s of it and my grandparents put in the rest by giving me my first car when I turned 16, which I traded in for the F150 paying the difference myself after 7 years of work with a full time job, a part time job, and high school/college. It would be cool to have a Lightning/Harley some day for a fun truck, but I will always own a 4x4 as the primary vehicle. My main point though (sorry for the long post) is that this forum is very helpful overall.

Old 04-26-2003, 01:20 PM
Lightnings own.

Old 04-26-2003, 01:41 PM
Hell, I just wish I could actually afford to own a Lighting...

Nothing wrong with them, alot of good people over there and they got some good information when needed.

Old 04-27-2003, 06:51 PM
No sport truck here it has to be able to work.

Old 04-28-2003, 06:28 PM
Banned
Originally posted by speedy46
I don't know, I find that it is verey true that most of the posting are for lightnings and Harley. That's fine except that if you don't have one of these trucks sometimes you have to post a question or problem multiple times before you get any leads on what may be the problem or an answer to the question. This is fine if you own a lightning or harley, however it can be verey fustrating for everyone else. If you don't agree look at the main page 4 of 5 slots in the newly updated forum lists belong to the lightning forum. Everyone else has to go through the message boards directly if they want to read anything non-lightning.

Yes I know that the Lightning is a F150, I've liked it from day one. I just wish that this board would not allow every slot on the main page to be dominated by any one forum. It makes it seem worse than it really is.

Just my observations,

Speedy

That just means you guys need to be posting more to keep up.

Old 04-28-2003, 07:17 PM
Why can't we all just get along?

Quick Reply: is this a lightning site or what