Bugs Bugs Bugs

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 05:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haven't noticed it melting with heat.

I just keep reapplying it when I feel it is necessary during a trip over the old bugs until I get a chance to wash it. i.e. apply it and drive to where I'm going. When I'm ready to come back I'll just apply a coat and head back.

When washing I'll soak the front of the truck down first to let the water start breaking the stuff down. I'll then just wash as normal. The main thing I like is that it is suppose to neutralize the acid in the bugs body so it won't etch.

It really isn't a problem on our trucks, well mine at least, as there is hardly any paint that bugs hit. Just the top edge of the roof mainly.

Old 05-04-2003, 01:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intel,

I think I figured out what part of my problem with the Pro Bug Guard was...

I was noticing a lot of bubbling/streaking... it was the 16 spray bottle itself.. when I spayed, it made it hazy, filled it with air bubbles, and it streaked like crazy..

So tonight, I played around with it, and sprayed it gently, almost letting the "bug juice" stream out.. made a thick, much clearer application... created a lot of waste..

I figure I will continue to do it this way, but I will get a catch tray/can to capture that waste, and re-use it.

Just my 2 cents...
Dan

PS - I'm very satisfied with the product thus far.. the bugs did seem easier to get off.

I have started using a Pinnacle Bug Sponge as well.. anyone try those?

Old 05-04-2003, 04:48 PM
I've been wanting to get one of those sprayers that hold about 40oz. and you pump them up and spray the stuff. I've been wondering if that would work better than a squeeze spray bottle.

I haven't tried the pinnacle bug sponge. What is it like? I might have to get it. The vehicle's I've been washing recently have been covered with bugs and require me to soak the front with Valugard's Omni APC and then use a bug sponge my distributor sells. It is a pretty agressive sponge though.

Old 05-05-2003, 04:41 PM
Intel,

The pinnacle bug sponge is pretty firm when you first open it, but after it gets good and wet/soapy, it seems to soften up, and conform to both your hand and the auto parts you're applying it to...

It sort of feels like a wet honeycomb.. seems to really "grab" bugs/sap/etc...

At first I thought it was really coarse... I didn't notice any scratches after using it..

Only 5 bucks...

I would definitley recommend using with lots of soapy/sudsy water....

Dan

Old 05-05-2003, 06:17 PM
dantheman1973, thanks for the info.

You got it from Properautocare.com? I might have to get one when I place another order with them.

Old 05-05-2003, 08:59 PM
Intel,

I did order from properautocare.com

Dan

Quick Reply: Bugs Bugs Bugs