Old 04-23-2003, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now U's gots da backup...

Old 04-23-2003, 09:01 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Now U's gots da backup...
Damn skippy... and you have NO IDEA how much $$ I had to pay Amp to write that excerpt.

I had to sell off half my Meguiars stuff...

RP

Old 04-23-2003, 09:03 PM
holy *****! i posted my post like a minute ago and there's like 6 more replies

hey RP, i think you need to get out there and wax that truck again, the meguiars is starting to dull out, that caranuba doesn't last that long in this spring time weather

Old 04-23-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by RockPick

I had to sell off half my Meguiars stuff...

RP
Well thats a good start to a bad habit...

Old 04-23-2003, 09:53 PM
Moderator &

Nah, I just needed some fresh #26, #9, #7, #40, #34, and PPP. Ahhh, life is good.

RP

Old 04-23-2003, 09:54 PM
Old 04-23-2003, 10:08 PM
Moderator &

ROFLMAO!

You must 'make' something to prove that Z is better...LMAO...

It's not a wonder that they haven't caught that guy yet. He did his vehicle with Z before he cut out of Baghdad and now it just looks like all the other crappy Toyota trucks over there... dull, worn out, and generally *****ty.

ROFL... great link though...

RP

Old 04-24-2003, 12:18 AM
AT the risk of being flamed over this issue . .

I have been down both roads too (Meguires and the "Z" word), and I am sold on z myself.

Tom Hall

Old 04-24-2003, 11:07 AM
I LOVE caring for my truck so maybe i dont mind doing it a bit more often. but I still stand by the fact that my truck is much more shiny and brighter then my brothers and to me thats as REAL WORLD test as it gets. I dont care what all the computers say or what some scientist says because in the end what matters is how it look when its done. In this case the Meguire came out better.

We live in the same area within one mile of each other with the same paint color and I did both the wax jobs so the level of work was the same. I will say that when I wax and wash my truck I do it as if I was performing brain sugery and I litteraly use a entire day to do it. So that my have help the results

Cost plays a factor here as well. My total Zaino cost was I think 60 some odd dollars and the total Meguiers cost was only around 30 somthing. as far as what last longer why does it matter? does any one here acctualy wait the several months befor you wax anyhow? they say it takes 1320 licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop but noone waits around to find out right?
lol

Personlay I strip and wax my truck almost every month. and I have yet to see any truck no matter what wax is used that will look better after 2 or 3 month old wax then a freshly new waxed one.

I guess its safe to say that we just all have our own opinions and will be sticking by them.

only difference is my opinion is better hahahhahaha

happy cleaning to ya'll

IF YOU DON'T ENJOYING CLEANING YOUR TRUCK THEN YOUR NOT USING MEGUIRES!!!

Old 04-24-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by ampresearch
they say it takes 1320 licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop
You don't say, well sh*t I learn something new everyday...

Old 04-24-2003, 04:20 PM
Moderator &

Ya know. I really like this guy. Amp, if we're ever in the same neck of the woods, I owe you a beer. I've been fighting an uphill battle with all these 'bandwagon z" guys.

It's ashame that some have hopped onboard but, I think some of them just hopped on so that they could spite me *coughtjoecough*.

Tis life. There will always be followers. I prefer to be a leader.

RP

Old 04-24-2003, 05:34 PM
You still never answered my quetsions that could make a pretty big difference in the results

Originally posted by Harley#356
a few questions/comments that could have made a huge difference in your results

with the dark green, you should have used Z5 rather than Z2 for the best results

did you use Z6 also? makes a WORLD of difference, as does the Z7 wash with Z6 afterwards. cuz the dust attraction down to almost ZERO.....i know after i wash the truck, it attracts dust like a crazy *****, but after hitting it with the Z6, its like zilch

i had somethign else to say, but i can't remember it now

Old 04-24-2003, 08:38 PM

Well that basically proves my point. Don't take me wrong it is excellent that you love cleaning and waxing your truck, but your point is that Meguire's dont last long at all. Overall Meguire's is much more expensive then Zaino but yet gives you less protection, and can't make it half way through winter. You show me a product that will last at least 5 - 6 months though the last winter we had, TON'S on salt on the roads, 30 - 40 car washes, and then comes out looking "just about" as good as the last time I applied Zaino to it, and I might think of trying it. BUT, you must be able to apply it, get the outstanding shine, outstanding protection that Zaino offers "without" using a buffer.

Meguire's is a great product and has a great shine, BUT I don't want to have to polish my truck every other week, or every month "unless" I want to, not because I have to. With Zaino I do it because I want to and not because I have to. On top of that I do not need to strip it off to get an awesome shine, the more coats, up to about 5, and it just keeps getting better.

If you use the Z6 gloss enhancer as well you will have much "less" dust due to its antistatic properties then you do with Meguire's.

As I said, it is great you love to wash and wax your truck so much, God know's I do, but for me it is for the pleasure of doing so and not out of the necessity to do so...

Old 04-25-2003, 08:18 AM
well as far as how I manage to get through a winter thats simple.

we dont have winter lol. I live in St Pete beach Florida.

So in my case I have to wax an polish my truck amost every month becasue of the extreem heat and salt content in the air at all times.

As for what i used i DID NOT use the other products as listed above. I used basicaly the same products by both companys.

Standard proffesional polish and wax. I did this becasue what about ppl that have more then one truck or car with different colors? I was testing the products that can be used on every color or car. I have two trucks and a car one green f150 one white ford prope, and a yellow gmc jimmy mud truck. myself like any other owner I would assume dosnt want to buy ten different products for each car or truck they drive. Meguires you can use on any paint and come up with a top notch shine with minimal effort. and you can find it in just about any car shop or like in my area many body shops carry the proffesional Meguires products.

when i chose Meguires my only choices are if i want good , better or , best shine. with Zaino i have to break out a damn computer to call in consultants to come up with a plan for each automobile not to mention that fact that in a pinch your screwed if you run out.

the choice is simple really.

IF YOU DON'T ENJOY CLEANING YOUR TRUCK THEN YOUR NOT USING MEGUIRES!!!

Old 04-25-2003, 09:01 AM
IF YOU DON'T ENJOY CLEANING YOUR TRUCK THEN YOUR NOT USING MEGUIRES!!!
IF YOU DON'T ENJOY THE BEST POSSIBLE SHINE AND PROTECTION THEN YOUR NOT USING ZAINO!!!