Zaino----vs----Meguires

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
read new tread time to put up or shut up for all of us lol

Old 04-25-2003, 08:57 PM
well its like comparing apples to oranges then if you only used just the Z2 on the green paint. Z5 for dark colors, Z2 for light colors. not all that complicated, but it explains really well why you got the results you did

Old 04-25-2003, 11:55 PM
OK, OK, OK, your all wrong ...... I get my wax from a Porsche detailer. It's great , easy on and easy off. The shine lasts and covers any swirl marks from previous wax jobs.

It's called "Der ShinyStuff". It's a real product and made in Sweden.

Last edited by canyonslicker; 04-26-2003 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-26-2003, 12:13 AM
Anybody tried a product called Pinnacle Sovereign? Have read some info on it that touts it as the best product available today. All I know is it's big time expensive. Comments / feedback?

Hey Boss, where did you get the Platinum UPP? Do you use anything else with it (i.e. before or after you apply it)? Is it better on light or dark colors?

Old 04-26-2003, 03:13 PM
BigDeal,

I've used the Pinnacle Soveran before................. great shine (maybe the best), however the durability is very short. It's a great product to use on a "garage queen"! The P21S is very close in looks, and a lot better priced. Still, both are carnauba's, and don't last long.

I get my Platinum from: http://www.premiumautocare.com

Great product, and a synthetic that lasts a lot longer than carnauba! Goes on and comes off easy, and WOW...... what a shine. Platinum makes a pre-cleaner to put on before their UPP, however, a lot of guys use Klasse AIO for a pre-cleaner for the UPP, and it seems to bond nicely with the UPP. That's what I did, and so far, it has worked great!

Prior to the AIO, I made a pass over my truck with #9 and a polishing pad using my PC, then made another pass with the #9 and a finishing pad with the PC. Then, I followed with a coat of AIO, and then a coat of UPP with the PC. Now, all I have to do is put another coat of UPP on when I get the urge!

As for colors, I've seen it on both dark, and light colors, and it looks equally good.

Old 04-26-2003, 11:04 PM
Hey Boss, thanks for the feedback. Given the cost of the Pinnacle product I would have expected more in terms of durability. I'll pass on that product. As for the Platinum UPP, you gave me some things to think about.