Zaino----vs----Meguires

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 09:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino----vs----Meguires

well i hate to add to the size of RockPicks head lol but last month after readin all of the post about Zaino and Meguires i decided screw it! i'll try both.

first we clayed both truck and then washed them with wax remover to get rid of any occidents that my screw with teh results

i used Zaino z-2 the polish then the wax on my brothers hunter green ford ranger xlt.

and the meguires Polish then Wax on my hunter green xlt f150 super cab.

and after one month i feel the shine is better on my truck." the meguires truck"

we both agreed to wipe the truck down with a terry cloth three time a week to buff it and get off any dust . and wash it once a week. I drive 100 miles min a day on the highway to and from work. and he drives about the same around town for his job.

both trucks paint are in mint contition with only a very minimal amount of blemishes. ie: dumb old lady opened her door into my corner pannel. hahah and yes i acctualy bitch about the micro- scopic scratch it made hahaha.

we also did a comparison of the towels we used. his was not nearly as clean as mine. which tells me that Zaino has higher static electricity values causing his to collect more dust.
i will say though that the zanio was easier to get off then the meguire but IMO the difference in application was minimal.

i did use the new accelorator for the Zaino so that i could do it in one day but according to them it does not affect the quality at all as opposed to doing it without the accelorator.

both products are great but i will be standing on RockPicks side of the fence on this one from now on.

I will post pictures later this week. if any one is interested. but in the picture its kinda hard to tell since both are very reflective. in person though its very easy to see which one is brighter. happy cleaning ya'll.

If ya dont love cleaning your truck, then you are not using Meguires!!!

Last edited by ampresearch; 04-23-2003 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:13 AM
Yep, i use Meguairs #26 twice a month--its great stuff, but im thinking of switching to some Cherry Wet Wax to see how well it shines...mmm i can smell the cherries now...

Old 04-23-2003, 11:08 AM
do you mean that New Wax that Black Magic just came out with a few months ago?

if so dont bother. it does a good job but like most what i would call super market wax till the first rain. IMO.

i will spend entire days doing nothing but cleanign and as my wife would say making love to my truck hahahha so i have tried just about everything you can imagine.

besides the way meguires smells like bannana who needs cherrys
lol

Old 04-23-2003, 12:20 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Zaino----vs----Meguires

Originally posted by ampresearch
[sarcasim]That is because you have to do it so often vs. Z that only requires 2-3 times per year....[/sarcasim]

All I can say is that you should have split each truck in half and used both products on the same truck. Sorry, way to many variables in your test.

Zaino thrives when you use the Z7 car wash and Z6 detail spray. Zaino lasts at least 5 months of all outdoor daily driving for me if I hand wash when I get a chance (say every 2 weeks average) and follow up with Z6.

Old 04-23-2003, 12:43 PM
Actually, I've been doing a quite of bit a testing on my wife's vehcile this month. During that testing, I've included the best products from Meguiar's, Zaino's, P21S, Adam's, and Platinum's.

After all the testing, the one product that impressed me the most when it comes to looks, ease of application and removal is the Platinum Ultimate Paint Protection (UPP as it's called). If it lasts anywhere near the length of time that Zaino lasts, it will become my favorite in a hurry! Fantastic stuff!

The only other products I'm considering testing are PoorBoy's products, as I've hear nothing but great reviews on all his products.

Old 04-23-2003, 08:46 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Zaino----vs----Meguires

Originally posted by ampresearch
both products are great but i will be standing on RockPicks side of the fence on this one from now on.
I have a new best friend on f150online.com.

Thanks for the research research.

Always nice to hear a straight answer from someone that hasn't been involved in all the hype that 01 and I stir up.

RP

Old 04-23-2003, 08:48 PM
I agree with APT, it is great you did a test but personally I don't believe it was done well where you could really compare the two products.

Meguires is a very good product but it does not last any where as long as Zaino. That I am afraid is an undisbuted fact. As far as the "static" test you did I would say it was no test at all. You tested on two different trucks in two different areas. The only true way to test for "static" (and thus dust attraction) would be as APT pointed out in putting Meguires on half your truck and Zaino on the other half.

I will say since using Zaino polish as well as their tire dressing it helps reduce static much more then any product including Meguires.

I have used Meguires before and I can tell you that if I had put it on my truck last Oct. it would not have lasted through the complete winter we had this year with all the salt and road grime. Zaino lasted and is still on the truck to this date. That in and of itself proves that Zaino will outlast any other product on the market, at least that any regular person, can put on their truck.

I have had the "3-step mirror glaze" done to trucks in the past and was lucky if they lasted 3 months at a cost of about $100

I would say for about a cost of about $20 in actual Zaino product used in Oct. it lasted well over 6 months and still provided a shine better after 6 months then any of the "3-step mirror glaze" after it was just put on the truck.

Zaino provides a better UV protection for your paint then does Meguires, I am sure there are other products that provide UV protection as well, but all in all for the money nothing in my opinion compares to Zaino.

Old 04-23-2003, 08:49 PM
Re: Re: Zaino----vs----Meguires

Originally posted by RockPick
I have a new best friend on f150online.com.

Thanks for the research research.

Always nice to hear a straight answer from someone that hasn't been involved in all the hype that 01 and I stir up.

RP
Oh no, a sidekick for RockPick...

Old 04-23-2003, 08:51 PM
Moderator &

Re: Re: Re: Zaino----vs----Meguires

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Oh no, a sidekick for RockPick...
Don't you just **HATE** that?

Old 04-23-2003, 08:52 PM
a few questions/comments that would have made a huge difference in your results

with the dark green, you should have used Z5 rather than Z2 for the best results

did you use Z6 also? makes a WORLD of difference, as does the Z7 wash with Z6 afterwards. cuz the dust attraction down to almost ZERO.....i know after i wash the truck, it attracts dust like a crazy *****, but after hitting it with the Z6, its like zilch

i had somethign else to say, but i can't remember it now

Old 04-23-2003, 08:54 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Harley#356
a few questions/comments that would have made a huge difference in your results

with the dark green, you should have used Z5 rather than Z2 for the best results

did you use Z6 also? makes a WORLD of difference, as does the Z7 wash with Z6 afterwards. cuz the dust attraction down to almost ZERO.....i know after i wash the truck, it attracts dust like a crazy *****, but after hitting it with the Z6, its like zilch

i had somethign else to say, but i can't remember it now
AKA:

QUICK QUICK... RALLY A "RA RA" PLAN TO SALVAGE SAL AND HIS NAME!

Old 04-23-2003, 08:57 PM
Talking

One sidekick? Make that two. Not pictured there are all my meguiars professioanl products, including their swirl remover, show car glaze, hi-tech wax, etc.................................

Old 04-23-2003, 08:57 PM
AKA:

QUICK QUICK... RALLY A "RA RA" PLAN TO SALVAGE SAL AND HIS NAME!
Once you got the Zaino plan down there ain't no going back Jack...

That Zaino shine just goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

Old 04-23-2003, 08:58 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Once you got the Zaino plan down there ain't no going back Jack...

That Zaino shine just goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on
AKA:

RA RA ZAINO RA RA RA ZAINO RA!

Old 04-23-2003, 08:59 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Zaino----vs----Meguires

Don't you just **HATE** that?
Actually it is kind of nice to see. I was really starting to feel bad for you...