adhesive remover

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question adhesive remover

I have a set of vent visors that are on my '97 and want to remove them due mostly to them being loose in spots.

They are the type that is applied directly to the paint of the truck above the window.

Is there any good/cheap adhesive removers to take them off without damaging the clearcoat?

I have tried to remove upon a couple of occasions with WD-40 and hairdryer, but was a cold day so I could only do so much. It appeared to be taking off the clearcoat when I was pulling them off.

Any suggestions?

Old 04-24-2003, 11:25 AM
well i'm not to sure but i have a feeling the wd40 is a BAD idea.
since it doubles as break cleaner in a pinch i would have to assume its not very paint friendly.

if you go to just about any auto parts store you will find what you want it in a spray. there any many brands so it will be easy to find just cant think of one off hand. but they normlay run about 4 bucks. i have one made by googone for cars and trucks to remove bumper stickers and stuff that worked in seconds

Old 04-24-2003, 04:24 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've used a couple of different methods...

One is a hair dryer and a terry cloth. Heat the heck out of it and then rub the heck out of it. Not exactly 'user friendly' but, it worked.

I've also used dilute rubbing alcohol (don't freak on me people) to rub away some of the remaining goo from an emblem. I'd use the hair dryer to heat the area up (and keep it hot), and then rub the alcohol on to 'knap' up the goo.

After the alcohol, be certain that you go back over it with wax as the alcohol will CERTAINLY remove any wax.

G'luck.

RP

Old 04-24-2003, 05:35 PM
GOO gone

Quick Reply: adhesive remover