Wax/polish Challenge!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Harley#356
I would nominate myself as 01XLT's team mate. LoL

Team Zaino.....got a nice ring to it..i like it. LoL.
No other person I would want on my team other then you my good friend...

Like you have said before:

PICK Zaino, it ROCK'S

Old 04-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Bah, I will kill all of you!

I"m on team Pro BABY!!!!!

I"m also on team S100

LMFAO!

Old 04-25-2003, 09:58 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
And, you act as though you're interested in Team Meguiars f-150_91. It's all a show... LOL!

RP

Old 04-25-2003, 10:13 PM
I like them both, because I have both lines in my garage. I also have S100. Where did my sense of humor go?????? 91

Old 04-25-2003, 10:16 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by f-150_91
I like them both, because I have both lines in my garage. I also have S100. Where did my sense of humor go?????? 91
Just testing you. Have to make sure that members on TEAM MEGUIARS are strong and not 'fluffy' like 01 and 356 (heck, these guys can't even come up with names... they have to rely on numbers! ROFL!)

Welcome to TEAM: MEGUIARS.

RP

Old 04-26-2003, 02:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ampresearch
i will admit that i think its pritty cool that you use nothing on your paint yet maintain a great shine.

what are the down sides to doing it your way ? i would think that in the long run time and mother nature will take its toll. personlay i like the wax and polish route but if it works it works so gl to ya
In that picture I have nothing on the paint.

I normally keep wax on it. I'm just showing wax doesn't make it shine. It is there for protection.

Old 04-26-2003, 01:28 PM
haha cool thanx for paosting that intel lol i knew i wasnt crazy.

geez you'll trying to make me look dumb haha. i new i had seen that pick in another post where he said he used nothing at all lol

Old 04-26-2003, 03:35 PM
Moderator &

That is an impressive picture. Intel brings a good point about the paint shining...

RP

Old 04-26-2003, 04:05 PM
Well, I don't completely agree with Intel's statement that "wax is only for protection". Some waxes/synthetics can "enhance" the paint finish............... call it shine, reflectivity, gloss, depth, warmth, a different look, or whatever............... they do enhance/change the appearance of the paint! However, I do agree, that photos do not always show the "true picture".

Obviously, if a paint has gone through a complete compounding/polishing/glazing process prior to the final protective coating, the effect of the final coating will be somewhat minimized by all the prep. That being said, few people have the tools, products, or time to go through the entire paint surface prep process.............. hence my reason for saying that in most cases, final coatings do add "shine" (or whatever you want to call it).

Old 04-26-2003, 06:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The mother of all battles huh? Interesting proposition, but I’d like to go on record against it for several reasons. First, there’s the entertainment value of the Product M vs. Product Z wars. Come on now, would what is essentially a wash and wax forum be as exciting without stuff like this going on regularly? I think not. I’ll even admit to tossing in a Product Z post now and then when things get a bit too tame. You just can’t beat some of the smart *** posts here – all in good fun. (I hope.)

The second reason not to try to put this to bed is Intel’s point that there are far too many other variables to consider here. Let’s be honest, have you ever seen any product make a junk paint job look like something that should appear in the next truck show? Again, I think not. All of us – whether we use Product Z or Product M – that have offered up photographic evidence of the resulting finish have one thing in common – a great paint job. (Thank you Ford Motor Company!) All a good wax does is further bring out a good shine.

The final reason not to put this debate to bed is that there’s probably any number of products that would make most of our trucks shine. It all boils down to what we all like personally. I can live with that. If you happen to like shining your truck with KY Jelly – knock yourself out. Just don’t expect to post that here and not get a few interesting replies.

What to know what really makes a Ford truck shine? The owner!

Old 04-26-2003, 07:34 PM
I agree, there is nothing better then the entertainment of putting
Meguiar's up against the unbeatable shine and protection of Zaino...

Old 04-26-2003, 07:46 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 2stroked
What to know what really makes a Ford truck shine? The owner!
Very true. You hit that one on the head...

I just enjoy having a battle of wits with 01 XLT... well, if you want to call it a battle... I suppose 01 would have to have a certain degree of 'wits' to call it a battle...

None the less... it's in good fun although, I'm struggling to entertain myself with 01 now because he's pretty much lacks all 'smart ***' humorous wit.

RP

Old 04-26-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
Very true. You hit that one on the head...

I just enjoy having a battle of wits with 01 XLT... because he's pretty much lacks all 'smart ***' humorous wit.

RP
Well thank you RockPrick, that is kind of you...

Old 04-26-2003, 08:07 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Well thank you RockPrick, that is kind of you...
See what I mean by someone lacking 'wit'? LOL!

RP

Old 04-26-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
See what I mean by someone lacking 'wit'? LOL!

RP
Your just upset because I wouldn't bite on your "I am using Zaino now" thread...

Quick Reply: Wax/polish Challenge!!!