Wax/polish Challenge!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 09:04 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
I got a 14 year old daughter, damn that's a job...
Yeah, I know. She loves Meguiars too... she told me.

RP

Old 04-26-2003, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by RockPick
Yeah, I know. She loves Meguiars too... she told me.

RP
She use to think I was ****, untill picking up from school a few times and her friends were telling her that her dad's truck is PHAT...

Old 04-26-2003, 09:56 PM
haha 01...went to a chicks house today to do a project for school and she and all the other girls there loved my truck especially since i just zainoed it yesterday ...oh, they also immediately fell in love with the king ranch interior i love my truck!!!

by the way, i was just wondering for all you zaino fellas out there...how long has it taken you to do the whole process from dawn wash to claybar to z7 wash to 3 coats of polish with z6 inbetween? yesterday i did it from 12:30pm to 8:30pm with a quick run to discount auto parts, a quick run to walgreens, and water breaks inbetween...hehehe

Joe

Old 04-26-2003, 10:01 PM
Actually the first time I did it I did not need to clay except a few small area's.

I dawned washed it, then clayed a few small area's that needed it then washed with Z7. Dried it then put on a coat of Z2, hand buffed it off and then did a second coat that day and then the Z6 and that was it.

A few weekends later I did the Z7 wash, then one coat of Z2, and then Z6.

A few weekends later I did the Z7 wash, then two coats of Z2, and then Z6.

So I don't think I spent more then 4 hours each time doing it. Before I lived here where I do now, I would take it to work on the weekend to wash and polish so didn't feel like sticking around there for all day to do everything.

Now, I don't live in an apartment so I have a garage, my own hose to wash with so things are looking good...

Old 04-26-2003, 10:43 PM
Moderator &

EIGHT FORKING HOURS? Good grief. Somehow that falls into the 'really pathetic' catergory.

RP

Old 04-26-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
EIGHT FORKING HOURS? Good grief. Somehow that falls into the 'really pathetic' catergory.

RP
Actually that would be TWELVE FORKING HOURS...

Really patheitc??? now, now, I am sure you Mcguire's guys spend 12 hours every month just trying to acheive half the shine of Zaino...

Old 04-26-2003, 10:52 PM
Moderator &

Over a century speaks for itself you waste of perfectly fine cow 'stuff'.

Old 04-26-2003, 10:54 PM
Tell me, how do you feel about Mequires?

Old 04-27-2003, 12:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Boss_429
Well, I don't completely agree with Intel's statement that "wax is only for protection". Some waxes/synthetics can "enhance" the paint finish............... call it shine, reflectivity, gloss, depth, warmth, a different look, or whatever............... they do enhance/change the appearance of the paint! However, I do agree, that photos do not always show the "true picture".

Obviously, if a paint has gone through a complete compounding/polishing/glazing process prior to the final protective coating, the effect of the final coating will be somewhat minimized by all the prep. That being said, few people have the tools, products, or time to go through the entire paint surface prep process.............. hence my reason for saying that in most cases, final coatings do add "shine" (or whatever you want to call it).
Wax will make the paint deeper and wetter looking. So yes, wax will enhance the overall look of the paint. A glaze can do that too.

I haven't seen a wax increase the sharpness of an image though. Even if it fills in swirls, which normally don't show up in pictures... wait, correct that, they normally don't show up in pictures unless the picture taker is specifically trying to take pictures of swirls. Know what I mean Image sharpness is all about the paint (color and degree of orange peel) and the prep work.

Quick Reply: Wax/polish Challenge!!!