Wax/polish Challenge!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 08:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wax/polish Challenge!!!

ok ya'll here's the deal.

four of us will make a pact. we will all wash wax polish our trucks.

all of us seem to be very prode of our particular products of choice. so why not put them head to head once and for all.

we need two teams of two.

i propose

1. Myself and RockPick as Team Meguires!!

2. 01 XLT Sport and whomever he choses as team smoking crack Zaino lol

ok rules will be as follows.

1. All wash/wax/polish.or prep must be done by hand.

2. All products you intend to use must be the same as your teamates.

3. All products must be presented in list form to the opposing team.

4. EVERY product must be from the line of product of your teams company.

5. You can do anything you want to make your truck its best as long as the product is affiliated with yoru teams product of choice.

6. We will all take befor and after pictures.

7. A new tread for each team will be started with pictures of that teams trucks After pictures with a list of products used.

that it simple as that!!!

we will then ask members of the site to vote by posting on our treads. The tread with the most post wins, and will be declaired the ultimate Wax/Polish

only one post from each person will be counted.

each team will count the others post to determine the winner.

Whats the prize you ask? well thats up to us. we can itehr make it just for fun OR what i propose is that the Losers will ahve to buy the wining teams next supply of there prefered product!
with a cost cap of 30 bucks.

sound good?

does to me!!! but if your affraid i will understand!!hahahaha

Old 04-25-2003, 09:09 AM
Re: Wax/polish Challenge!!!

Originally posted by ampresearch
the Losers will have to buy the wining teams next supply of there prefered product!
with a cost cap of 30 bucks.
I see you have already prepared yourself to lose, $30.00 won't buy all my supplies...

It sound like a great idea but there are some problems. First I don't have a digital camara, I can borrow one that kind of sucks. It all depends where the pictures are taking. To be honest you might use something that "in person" looks like a better shine then mine, but I may take a better picture, due to how it's taken, what angle etc that would make mine look better then yours, or the other way around.

The really only fair way to do a test, proving Zaino is by far better, would be to have like your talking 4 trucks done the way the owners want to do them and have all the trucks in the same spot with the same lighting when taking the pictures, and take the pictures with the same camara, or have a panel of judges.

Old 04-25-2003, 09:24 AM
comon now enough of the technical jargin we all do our truck and take pictures. i dont like any of us will ever have the exact situations for our trucks so that makes this a real world test. four trucks four areas one test. the resluts will tell us over all which wax looks better over all no matter where ya are of what ya do.

i'm sure you have a digital camera at your dissposal some way or another. by the way get with it man!! haha no digital camera? comon what year is this again hahahha jk

Old 04-25-2003, 10:05 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh dear god... you just managed to take my entire weekend in one thread...

Whew...

*sighs*

Old 04-25-2003, 10:17 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is just over the limit. We all enjoy the fun of talking about it, but there are many factors that go into choosing a protectant for our paint. Shine, reflectivity, ease of application, longevity, etc. Everyone has their own environment to deal with (salt, acid rain, dust storms) too. There is no one best wax for everyone!

Use what you like and what works for your situation. Offer experiences with your products and reasons why you like it. Your reasons may not be important to the next person.

It has been entertaining with the back and forth so keep it up. But I think some noobs may take it the wrong way.

Old 04-25-2003, 10:28 AM
hahaha to be honest your right APT but that dosnt make this any less fun hahaha good points though.

Old 04-25-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
Oh dear god... you just managed to take my entire weekend in one thread...

Whew...

*sighs*
See your using the wrong product if it takes "an entire weekend"...

Your words, not mine...

Old 04-25-2003, 11:06 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Again though... I don't have to apply 17 coats, stand on one hand while reciting the alphabet backwards and spinning a basketball on your pinky toe when I apply Meguiars.

You're calling the kettle black again bonehead.

RP

Old 04-25-2003, 11:19 AM
You're calling the kettle black again bonehead.

my sediments exactly!! so called wonderful Z took much longer to apply.

Old 04-25-2003, 02:40 PM
I'm an old Meguiar's man, and a recent Zaino Zealot............... and now my favorite is Platinum's UPP. Having said that, I would have to give Zaino a bit of an edge over Meguiar's "final coat" products when it comes to looks, and a bigger edge when it comes to durability. That certainly doesn't mean Meguiar's products aren't good................. because they are! IMHO, Zaino is a bit better "coating" product. The Platinum has the best of both worlds............. more of a carnauba like look, with the durability of synthetics.

Old 04-25-2003, 02:49 PM
like sport said, its all about the camera. I can go take a great pic of a car with no wax or polish on it and it will look awesome. And we need the same color trucks. I've got odds though, that Meguiers will win!!!!!!

Old 04-25-2003, 07:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This won't work. You need the trucks next to each other to compare and even that won't be fair if the trucks are different colors or if the quality of paint is different.

Camera's also aren't capable of capturing the minute (sp?) difference between products. There is also a lot more to this than the product you use.

I'll join this event and be team Nothing.

Here, I'll submit my first picture: Look at that reflection!

Old 04-25-2003, 07:43 PM
i will admit that i think its pritty cool that you use nothing on your paint yet maintain a great shine.

what are the down sides to doing it your way ? i would think that in the long run time and mother nature will take its toll. personlay i like the wax and polish route but if it works it works so gl to ya

Old 04-25-2003, 08:16 PM
HAHA,,,,he's F'n with ya ampresearch. He's showing how it will shine with nothing on thier.

Old 04-25-2003, 09:04 PM
LoL, yup this will not work at ALL. believe me, i know the good angles and times of day for taking pics

Plus all the other factors mentioned.

LoL @ Intel....team nothing

Its still a pretty cool idea though. LoL. would be pretty fun if it would work right, but there's too many variables.

I would nominate myself as 01XLT's team mate. LoL

Team Zaino.....got a nice ring to it..i like it. LoL.

somebody phothoshop up some sig "team zaino" images. LOL!

Quick Reply: Wax/polish Challenge!!!