and in the blue corner,,,,TEAM MEGUIAR'S!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I trust this man's word more than most when it comes to detailing and polishing etc., so i'll take his word on sovurian vs. zaino and stick with my zaino

http://www.nhtoc.com/forum/showthrea...&threadid=1961

Old 05-05-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Harley#356
I trust this man's word more than most when it comes to detailing and polishing etc., so i'll take his word on sovurian vs. zaino and stick with my zaino

http://www.nhtoc.com/forum/showthrea...&threadid=1961

Harley, that was a good thread...

I am opening minded to a point. I have yet to see another truck or car look as good as my truck does with Zaino, without going to a professional. That being said we have had a few guys at work go to semi-professional's around here (no Intel's in sight here) and there truck still didn't look as good as mine. They looked nice but when parked next to each other "no can do".

They swear up and down I polish my truck every weekend, with a buffer and all the works. I have told them time and time again I am "bufferphobic" no way in hell I would try a buffer again.

They asked what I used and I told them. They never heard of it so I gave them the web address. One guy asked it "detail professional" of 18 years old about it and the detailer junior, no professional by a long shot sorry (I have seen his work) anyway junior never heard of it and figured if he hasn't heard of it then its a gimic and a waste of money.

So the guy ask me if it is so good why don't detailer's use it. I told him he'd have to talk to someone like you, RockPick or the seasoned pro himself Intel if he wanted a professional opinion of why most if any do "not" use Zaino.

I told him that I "believed" Intel had stated one reason he wouldn't use it for a customer is the time involved. I don't believe Intel does "not" like it but I could be wrong (Intel correct me if I mis-stated you)

I told him the way I looked at Zaino is it is for those that are looking for perfection and don't mind spending the time on their "own" truck/car. Also that since it gives such as awesome shine with no buffer, and that a buffer would not make it shine more. These two guys do agree they haven't really seen something shine so good, but they don't really take good care of their own trucks. They wash them, kind of keep them clean but no **** things, like well you know....

I also told them there are alot of guys here who love Mcguires and love the results they get, I mean RockPick's pictures look pretty damn good.

I will keep using Zaino until Intel moves into the neighborhood because there is NO way I will let any of these semi-pro's touch my truck. They can't keep the stuff they use of the plastic and making it look like crap after the first wash. At least if you get Zaino on the plastic no problem, it don't stain like some waxes do.

Old 05-05-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by APT
I do not think one can achieve better results on silver than Zaino. Possibly Klasse, but Zaino rules on light metallic colors. Souveran is great stuff, but it really only proofs itself with dark colors, especially black. At $70/jar, I do not recommend you trying it for your truck. I think you will be disappointed.

However, if curiosity is driving you crazy, pick up S100 for $15 at your local Harly shop and try it as a topper to Zaino. Ver similar look at 1/5 the cost.
Thanks APT, thats what I figured and had heard time and time again. $70 for a jar??? holy sh*t!!!! I guess Zaino is not so costly after all...

Old 05-05-2003, 06:09 PM
check the sig

Old 05-05-2003, 06:29 PM
KingRanchSC02:

Thats a sweet looking truck you have...

Oh, what's with the doughnuts picture?

Old 05-05-2003, 06:31 PM
umm................. i like krispy kreme?

Old 05-05-2003, 06:38 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by KingRanchSC02
umm................. i like krispy kreme?
That and he copied my 'POWERED BY' logo...

He's an even bigger mooch than you are 01... I know that's hard to believe...

Hence, the original "POWERED BY KRISPY KREME" logo.

(is that not a cool 'quick' sig?) LOL!

Old 05-05-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
That and he copied my 'POWERED BY' logo...

He's an even bigger mooch than you are 01... I know that's hard to believe...

Hence, the original "POWERED BY KRISPY KREME" logo.

(is that not a cool 'quick' sig?) LOL!
Damn.... now I need to go get some damn doughnuts...

Old 05-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Moderator &

Fight the power man. They have heroin in them. You eat one and you're hooked for life!!

Trust me... I'm in multiple 12-step programs to try to rid myself of the urgent craving for KK donuts.

Old 05-05-2003, 06:48 PM
kk is too far for me....like 25 mins away. i have to hold off the force everyday

Old 05-05-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
Fight the power man. They have heroin in them. You eat one and you're hooked for life!!

Trust me... I'm in multiple 12-step programs to try to rid myself of the urgent craving for KK donuts.

Sorry to hear that, hope the 12-step goes well for you, well I am off to Dunkin Doughnuts...

Old 05-05-2003, 06:54 PM
You know it's kind of funny talking about doughnuts and holes (keyhole for some reason always comes to mind ).

Anyway at work on Friday's the controller (the dude that handles the money where I work) always brings in this big tray of doughnut holes and puts them out for those working in the office.

Well, there is always like a good half dozen to dozen of them chocolate glazed doughnut holes. Well them things are so damn fresh and good I go out to shipping and gets me a little box and take ALL of them…

Then later I set there and tell others how them chocolate glazed ones are so damn good and they say “really we never see any” hmmmmm I say, well there was only one or two…

Old 05-05-2003, 08:22 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
...I am off to Dunkin Doughnuts...
Ahh, those suck compared to KK. No comparison.

Old 05-05-2003, 08:35 PM
i agree!! no comparison of dunkin donuts to krispy kreme!!

Old 05-06-2003, 03:50 AM
Banned
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
That is interesting...

Is Souveran as hard to get as Zaino? I buy mine through the mail, no Zaino rep. in this area. Cost wise how does it compare to Zaino? Finally, process wise, how does it compare to Zaino, and is it as easy on and off as Zaino? How long does it take to dry? How many coats a day can you put on?

EDIT: I should have added I have a silver truck, so the Zaino does make it shine nice. Would I get a nice shine with the Souveran on the silver as you do on black?
Souveran is easier to get then Zaino. Autogeek.net, pinnaclewax.com and properautocare.com.

Granted its not cheap, but its easier to find then S100 is and honestly, i love the smell of the stuff. After using Zaino for so long, i can apply this stuff very thin, so i will get some mileage out of my 8oz jar.

Souveran comes off just as easy as Zaino. You can rub it on with an applicator and immediately buff it off. I let mine haze. So i start from one end of the truck applying it. When i get to the other end, i grab a MF towel and buff it right off.

If the Souveran is too expensive for you, goto a Harley place and pick up the S100.

Quick Reply: and in the blue corner,,,,TEAM MEGUIAR'S!!!!!!