and in the blue corner,,,,TEAM MEGUIAR'S!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 03:51 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Harley#356
I trust this man's word more than most when it comes to detailing and polishing etc., so i'll take his word on sovurian vs. zaino and stick with my zaino

http://www.nhtoc.com/forum/showthrea...&threadid=1961

Rob G just ordered Souveran last week after seeing my truck I gurantee he will kick Zaino to the curb.

Harley, how long did it take us to get you away from Liquid Glass!?!

Old 05-06-2003, 04:45 PM
LoL! 2 years! LG is still good stuff, i use it on my other trucks, but there's just no comparison between LG and Zaino!

on a side note, Krispy Kreme's Rock!!!! waaay better than dunkin donuts stale dough *****. LoL!

anyway, rob already got the Sovurian (sp?) and tried it on his hood. read that link i put up. He said it was aight but he's still sticking with zaino, and so am i

Old 05-06-2003, 05:10 PM
Good timing here I guess. Just got done detailing my truck this weekend. Must say, I'm still hooked on my Meguiars Professional products. I went the whole route this past weekend (i.e. Medallion Paint Cleaner, then a coat of Show Car Glaze, and then two coats of # 26 wax). I think the results are pretty good. What do you think ROCKPICK, can I join the Meguiars team?

Last edited by BigDeal; 05-06-2003 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
BigDeal,

Consider yourself in the club. HA!

Awesome looking truck man!

RP

Old 05-06-2003, 08:27 PM
BigDeal:

Your truck does look AWESOME, as every other truck, including RockPicks in this or other threads.

Question, do you hand buff or use a buffer? The reason I ask is because when I tried Meguiars and some others I could not get it to look as good as yours or RockPicks (I didn't use a buffer). Mine does, I think, look as good as yours, RockPicks and the others by using Zaino and not having to use a buffer.

I took some pictures this weekend after 3 coats of Zaino. Once I get them developed I will post them. In all honesty I don't think mine looks "better" but I do think it looks as good.

Now I know RockPick is like me and don't use a buffer but I could not get my truck to look as good as his buffing by hand with Meguiars so thats why I am asking if you did it by hand or not.

But, damn your truck looks good...

Old 05-06-2003, 08:38 PM
01 XLT, you feelin aight? don't sound like yourself did RP slip some pills in that zaino car wash that tastes so good?

anyway, truck looks awsome BigDeal! gotta love that shine

Old 05-06-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Harley#356
01 XLT, you feelin aight? don't sound like yourself did RP slip some pills in that zaino car wash that tastes so good?

anyway, truck looks awsome BigDeal! gotta love that shine
LMAO, no I don't think RP slipped any pills in my car wash, damn I hope not...

You don't have to worry about me I won't stop using Zaino any time soon. I am just curious as to what others are doing to get nice shines. My truck looks damn good after putting 3 coats on last weekend, but I can’t deny that these other trucks look damn good as well.

Just trying to stay open minded till RP’s check gets here and clears the bank…

j/k

Old 05-06-2003, 10:03 PM
That's a sharp looking detail job on that there F-150 Mr. BigDeal. I use Meguire's Products too, and my truck looks "that" good also. But, how do you get your tires that stinkin' clean??? I'm jealous! Btw, I don't use a buffer. And I'll tell ya what else, you have to use alot of elbow grease to get all the streaks off your truck if you use Meguire's. The #26 yellow wax isn't that bad, but that Meguire's cleaner wax is some stubborn s*#% to buff out by hand. I'll tell you that much just from my experiences.

Old 05-06-2003, 10:05 PM
BigDeal:

What size tires are those? 275-60-17?

Old 05-06-2003, 10:50 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
LMAO, no I don't think RP slipped any pills in my car wash, damn I hope not...

....Just trying to stay open minded till RP’s check gets here and clears the bank…
Muhahahha... me? slip meguiars pills in 01's car wash? *innocent look* I'd never do such a thing! LOL!

You haven't recieved the check yet?! Damn man... I sent that weeks ago. LOL!

RP

Old 05-06-2003, 10:54 PM
BigDeal:

Question, do you hand buff or use a buffer?

But, damn your truck looks good...
Thanks to you and everyone else for your compliments. I spent alot of time working on the truck this past weekend so I could go visit the SVT Meet @ Oldtown (Orlando). You know, can't show up at a car show with anything less than a spotless vehicle! I couldn't match those guys for 'go', but I think I would have held my own against them in the 'show' category.

01 XLT Sport, I use a Porter Cable DA buffer to apply each of the finishes to my truck. It really speeds up the process, and as you've seen, the results are super. I spent a lot of time picking Intel486 and Boss_429's minds regarding the proper use of this buffer. I remove each of the applied finishes by hand using microfiber towels.

Again, thanks to everyone for their compliments.

-Mike-

Old 05-06-2003, 10:57 PM
BigDeal:

What size tires are those? 275-60-17?
They're 285/60R18's on 18x9.5 Lightning Replica wheels. Been very happy with this setup.

-Mike-

Old 05-06-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Peacemaker
But, how do you get your tires that stinkin' clean??? I'm jealous!

that Meguire's cleaner wax is some stubborn s*#% to buff out by hand. I'll tell you that much just from my experiences.
As for the tires, I use alot of elbow grease scrubbing them with Comet, and then coat them with Meguiars Endurance Gloss Tire Gel. I really like the tire gel and it seems to last on my tires for several weeks.

A suggestion regarding the Cleaner Wax (and/or other Meguiars Pro products). I recently watched an hour long detailing video that Meguiars puts out on achieving a 'perfect finish'. One of the things I learned was that I was using way too much product (i.e. wax, cleaner and the like) on my finish. According to the video, I needed to cut back the amount I was using by about half, and buff the remaining amount twice as much. When I detailed my truck this past weekend, I tried to practice what I had seen on the video, and you know what? Each coat I applied came off much easier, and the resulting shine even looked better. I use a PC buffer, so cutting back on the product and buffing more is easier than if I was doing it by hand.

I hope you find the information beneficial, and thanks for your comments.

-Mike-

Old 05-07-2003, 09:12 AM
Cool. I'll try that next time. I have a buffer, but I'm afraid to use it on my truck because I've never used one before. Maybe I'll try it out on my Dad's 98 Frontier 4x4 work truck first before I lay the smackdown on mine.

Old 05-07-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Peacemaker
Cool. I'll try that next time. I have a buffer, but I'm afraid to use it on my truck because I've never used one before. Maybe I'll try it out on my Dad's 98 Frontier 4x4 work truck first before I lay the smackdown on mine.
You know, we think alike! I used my buffer on my wife's car first before trying it on my truck. After all, as long as her car runs, she's Ok with it. Good luck detailing your truck.

-Mike-

Quick Reply: and in the blue corner,,,,TEAM MEGUIAR'S!!!!!!