and in the blue corner,,,,TEAM MEGUIAR'S!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and in the blue corner,,,,TEAM MEGUIAR'S!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2003, 09:07 PM
Whoo!! Looks like Z will be throwin in the towel!!

Old 04-27-2003, 09:13 PM
I just "Meguired" my truck with Meguire's cleaner wax, and topped it off with Meguire's #26 yellow wax. It looks MAAAVELOUS!!! I'll have to try Zaino and compare the two one of these days. But as of now, Meguires suits my needs.

Old 04-27-2003, 09:21 PM
That thing looks kind of hazzy...

Must of been grilling in the "hood" when the picture was taken..

Old 04-27-2003, 10:05 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
That thing looks kind of hazzy...

Must of been grilling in the "hood" when the picture was taken..
Haven't you said this elsewhere? Do you not have anything better to do with your forking time than to say the same thing over and over and over and over? Zaino this... Meguiars sucks that...

Bah... I'm sick of it and out of the entire M vs. Z bullshet.

Old 05-04-2003, 01:21 AM
Tried the Meguiar's combo today.. WOW!!!

Got the chance to work up a little sweat rubbin' on the truck today...

Used the Meguiar's clay (after a nice Dawn strip wash), then a little Meguiar's #9, followed by two coats of #26...

I'm quite happy... worth the wait for a sunny day

Thanks Meguiars fans for the info/advice (esp. RockPick)

Dan

(hopefully, the pics will turn out for display)

Old 05-04-2003, 10:00 AM
Banned
Looks like Team Meguiars just got 0wned by Team Pinnacle!

Old 05-04-2003, 11:24 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by dantheman1973
...Thanks Meguiars fans for the info/advice (esp. RockPick)
Lots of great waxes and polishes out there... I'm glad you've found one that you (and I) like.

RP

Old 05-04-2003, 11:26 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Flying ****
Looks like Team Meguiars just got 0wned by Team Pinnacle!
Bah... go post in the Zaino forum.

Old 05-04-2003, 05:02 PM
RockPick:

The picture in the first post of your truck by PhillipSVT is sweeet. That would be a good looking signature picture with or without the Meguiars logo.

PhillipSVT:

I am going to have some more pictures of my truck soon. Just took some today after cleaning and putting 3 coats of polish on it. Looks good, and much better then my pictures of almost 2 years ago.

Question, what the possibility of you doing some Photo Shop with my pictures? I like RockPicks, and Harleys pictures. When I get the new ones I will let you know if your interested in doing something with them. Just something with the truck and no Zaino logo's unless you do some with and then without. Just looking for something as good as some of these others.

Flying ****:

That is another sweeet looking truck. I posted in another thread somewhere, I believe to RockPick that I have come to the conclusion as far as shine most people would be hard pressed to tell the difference between products. Those that really know them like Intel most likely would be able to tell, but with the amount of trucks/cars I see that are NOT well cared for the shine any of us get would blow them away. Most likely they (who would be blown away) wouldn't give a rat's @ss what product it was because they wouldn't spend the time to get it to look good anyway.

I still prefer Zaino over other products for two reason's. In my opinion it last longer, and second and most important it gives you a great shine without having to use a buffer, of which I will NOT use on my truck. It's a bufferphobic things...

Old 05-05-2003, 05:26 AM
Banned
RockPick:

Flying ****:

That is another sweeet looking truck. I posted in another thread somewhere, I believe to RockPick that I have come to the conclusion as far as shine most people would be hard pressed to tell the difference between products. Those that really know them like Intel most likely would be able to tell, but with the amount of trucks/cars I see that are NOT well cared for the shine any of us get would blow them away. Most likely they (who would be blown away) wouldn't give a rat's @ss what product it was because they wouldn't spend the time to get it to look good anyway.

I still prefer Zaino over other products for two reason's. In my opinion it last longer, and second and most important it gives you a great shine without having to use a buffer, of which I will NOT use on my truck. It's a bufferphobic things...
Ive used Zaino for years and have been quite happy with it, except on black. I got real tired of the Saran Wrap Shine and the intensity of the flaws it shows. Zaino works great on Light colored cars.

However.. It doesnt matter which product you use, if you do not prep the vehicle, even Zaino cant help your vehicle. I will tell you this, Zaino doesnt even come close to the Souveran i have on there. Pictures dont do it justice. Its just sick looking in person.

Zaino on black just doesnt cut it. An alternative to the high price of Souveran would be S100 found at most Harley dealers.

Like Intel, i can see there difference between a Carnuba, Poly or Acrylic polishes/waxes, especially on black.

Zaino has longevity, ill give it that. However, as much as person applies Zaino, using a Carnuba in the same fashion is no different. The more coats of Zaino doesnt increase the depth. It reaches a point after coat # 3 that it doesnt change opticly. Carnuba on the other hand, keeps adding depth with each coat.

BTW, i didnt use a buffer to apply Souveran.. I did it by hand like i used to with Zaino.

Last edited by Flying Mofo; 05-05-2003 at 05:28 AM.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:26 AM
Moderator &

Re: and in the blue corner,,,,TEAM MEGUIAR'S!!!!!!

Originally posted by PhillipSVT
Ya know, I never really paid much attention but, doesn't it look weird with the gas cap being on the passenger side?

Old 05-05-2003, 02:34 PM
WLF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Flying ****,
First off, great looking truck. I agree to keep a black truck looking good you have to use a good Carnuba wax. I don't know that you have to spend that much money but that is up to you. Except for factory flaws, my paint continues to have a deep shine after 7 years. I use Carnuba products from Mequiar's and Mothers simply because they work well and you can find them resonably priced.

Old 05-05-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Flying ****
BTW, i didnt use a buffer to apply Souveran.. I did it by hand like i used to with Zaino.
That is interesting...

Is Souveran as hard to get as Zaino? I buy mine through the mail, no Zaino rep. in this area. Cost wise how does it compare to Zaino? Finally, process wise, how does it compare to Zaino, and is it as easy on and off as Zaino? How long does it take to dry? How many coats a day can you put on?

EDIT: I should have added I have a silver truck, so the Zaino does make it shine nice. Would I get a nice shine with the Souveran on the silver as you do on black?

Last edited by 01 XLT Sport; 05-05-2003 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-05-2003, 04:49 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EDIT: I should have added I have a silver truck, so the Zaino does make it shine nice. Would I get a nice shine with the Souveran on the silver as you do on black?
I do not think one can achieve better results on silver than Zaino. Possibly Klasse, but Zaino rules on light metallic colors. Souveran is great stuff, but it really only proofs itself with dark colors, especially black. At $70/jar, I do not recommend you trying it for your truck. I think you will be disappointed.

However, if curiosity is driving you crazy, pick up S100 for $15 at your local Harly shop and try it as a topper to Zaino. Ver similar look at 1/5 the cost.

Quick Reply: and in the blue corner,,,,TEAM MEGUIAR'S!!!!!!