enough Freebies for a year!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
enough Freebies for a year!

Well, i'm making a sign up for my truck for when i go to shows. Using plexi glass and gonna put the stickers of all the products i use or have on my truck on it, then put it in the bed at shows. Anyway, i use the absorber for when i wash the truck, and it does an AWSOME job of drying. I'm lazy so just wringing it out and putting it away is alot easier than letting a towell hang out to dry for a few hours. LoL.

Anyway, i emailed them and asked for a sticker that said "absorber" or something like that on it, so i could put it on the sign i'm making up, because i go to alot of shows during the summer. They emailed me back and said they don't have any stickers, but instead they were going to mail me a poster of a 37 pickup, and 2 free sample packs of their newest product "the Glosser"

Well fedex came today, and dropped off this big azz heavy box. way to heavy for a few free samples anyway.

I open it up and what do i find? A friggin years suppy of "The Glosser"! Either they screwed up big time, or they figured since i said i go to a ton of shows during the summer, that maybe i'd put a box out at shows and let people take one to try out?

so they sent me a case....4 boxes in a case....thats 12 packs in a box, 5 wipes in a pack. so 60 wipes in a box, and 4 boxes, so 240 wipes! 1 wipe will do a car, so figure 2 wipes will do a full size truck, so 120 times worth of "glossing" i have. LOL!

Can't use it on my HD though, it contains some wax, and i use zaino, so i'm just gonna save it for when i get my 97 F150 for a daily driver and use it for that and maybe some MEGUIARS ( is that a sin? ) as my main wax for that truck, since the Glosser is just like a quick detailer type thing in a wet wipe.

I used a free sample wipe before i got at a show on my 85, and it did make the shine look a little better. Hard to telll though cuz the truck is 18 years old and light blue, so i'll see how well it works when i get my truck

Just thought i'd let you's know, and maybe email them and try and get some freebies! LOL!

Old 04-29-2003, 04:03 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mooch. Can't even use the product and got 3 cases of them...

LOL

RP

Old 04-29-2003, 04:10 PM
Thats a pretty big sample pack. I want a sample.

Hey thats pretty cool tho, i might start calling up companies saying things like "yeah i use you peas at alot of cooking shows that i participate in around the country," and "yeah i really endorse your toilet paper at toilet shows" and maybe i can get big cases of free stuff too.

Good score man, if they ask for it back just deny.

Old 04-29-2003, 05:12 PM
Free samples my @ss. I say use it as a Zaino fund...

Sale them at the show's for like 25 cents each...

Old 04-29-2003, 05:16 PM
I am going to have to try that with my BFG tires. I'll e-mail them and tell them I promote their tires and see if they can send me a set of 4 tires free...

Of course, to promote to people how good of tire it is...

You just know RockPick has probably already fired off like 15 emails to Meguires…

Old 04-29-2003, 05:40 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
You just know RockPick has probably already fired off like 15 emails to Meguires…
ROFL!!!!!! Try 28 emails.

I figure each one will land at a different 'expert help desk' and maybe I can rack up a year or two's supply of M. Heck, it looks like Josh pulled in AT LEAST a year's worth!!!! Bastid!

RP

Old 04-29-2003, 09:30 PM
LoL! yeah, i was shocked when i picked up the box. i was like this ain't no friggin poster!

On the invoice, it says "4 free sample packs and '37 Poster" then underneath it where the products are listed it says "4 boxes of 12 Packs"

so something must have gotten mixed up, and i accidently got shipped an order that some store was supposed to get LOL!

i dont mind though, i'll use em up when i get my 97 F150 for a daily driver

you wouldn't believe the freebies you get though emailing companies. this was by far the most crap i've gotten, but i emailed billet specialities asking for a little sticker for my sign also since i have a 18" antenna made by them, and they sent me a giant envelope of like 30 different stickers, some huge and some tiny, all sorts of colors. LoL!

Old 04-29-2003, 10:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't argue, companies like free advertising

Old 04-30-2003, 02:18 PM
ok this repsonse has no relevance what so ever to the orginal subject of this thread. Why is it that everyime, I'm talking, every figgin time, whenever RP replies to a post that has nothing to do with Zaino or Meguiars, sure enough, 01 Xlt SPort has to jump in and preach about Zaino. Is this what this thread was about????? NO!!! Thank you very much. To me, it's really agrivating It was funny for alittle while, but like everything else, it gets old. No offense to anyone, just saying my opnions and thoughts,,,,91

Old 04-30-2003, 02:22 PM
Old 04-30-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by f-150_91
ok this repsonse has no relevance what so ever to the orginal subject of this thread. Why is it that everyime, I'm talking, every figgin time, whenever RP replies to a post that has nothing to do with Zaino or Meguiars, sure enough, 01 Xlt SPort has to jump in and preach about Zaino. Is this what this thread was about????? NO!!! Thank you very much. To me, it's really agrivating It was funny for alittle while, but like everything else, it gets old. No offense to anyone, just saying my opnions and thoughts,,,,91
What? No body has preached about anything in this thread...

Old 04-30-2003, 03:30 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you at least get your free poster? If not, I'd call them up to complain. Maybe they'll send you more free stuff!

Old 04-30-2003, 04:42 PM
Old 04-30-2003, 09:27 PM
LoL! NO i didn't get my free poster now that i think about it
i'll have to email them and complain about it, maybe they'll send me free absorbers this time

Old 04-30-2003, 09:45 PM
Moderator &

Wasn't it a damn chevy poster anyways?

Quick Reply: enough Freebies for a year!