Non-wet look tire cleaner/polish

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 02:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Non-wet look tire cleaner/polish

I'm not sure what people call it but I currently use the Armorall spray tire foam stuff that gives the tire a clean look. I use it because it does not leave too much of a "wet-look" like a lot of others do. The spray foam takes too long to go away and can sling all over the place when moving. I want some stuff that is more like a liquid that I can apply with a sponge, does not leave that ugly "wet-look", and will last a decent amount of time. Does anybody know of something like that?
-Thanks

Old 04-30-2003, 05:41 AM
MyFordTruck98,

IMHO, the longest lasting products for tires are the "gels". I believe Meguiar's makes 2 types.......... one satin look, and one with more shine. They are both called Meguiar's Endurance. Mother's and Turtle wax also make tire gels that you could try.

Now, a lot of people claim that the Gels "sling" off the tire. I never have that problem. First, don't apply it too heavy, wipe off the excess with a towel, and let it sit for a while before you drive the vehicle.

I've yet to find a tire spray, foam, or protectant that will out-last the gels.

Old 04-30-2003, 07:45 AM
I know what your talking about. I am one of the few that do not like the wet or real shinny look.

I use Zaino's Z16 Perfect Tire Gloss. It is liquid you apply with a sponge. If you want a satain type finish, or kind of what the tire looks like new you just put on one coat, if you want really shinny or glossy tires you put more coats on.

What I like about it, is I get the look I like, not shinny but a nice clean satain look. Second, it does NOT have a greasy feel to it at all, third it does NOT sling off, and forth it last much longer then other products I have used. I would say it last through about 4 car washes.

It is also excellent to use on your plastic parts as well. It does not feel greasy and does not run off and leave streaks when it gets wet or rains. You wipe it on with a sponge or rag let it sit a minute or two and buff, or dry off and it too last much longer then the other brands I have tried.

I am real impressed with how it works, more so because it don't feel greasy. It has a UV protection in it and antistatic so it does not attract dust and dirt to the plastic or tires.

You can get it here: www.zainobros.com

Old 04-30-2003, 07:49 AM
Thanks guys! I'll check 'em out.

Old 04-30-2003, 11:34 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For cleaning, if the car wash shampoo doesn't do it, I use Simple Green and a tire scrub brush.

For a tire dressing, Meguiars Endurance is very good and has a satin version. Also, 303 Aerospace protectant is a zero gloss product. I really like 303 for exterior trim and my bed cover, but prefer just a little gloss for the tires.

I too prefer gels, applied with an Eagle One Tire swipe sponge. Never had any problems with slinging either.

Old 04-30-2003, 01:31 PM
Bleache White and a scrub brush. Period.

Old 04-30-2003, 05:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are a lot of products you can get that will give you this look

303 Aerospace is good. It dries 100% and just makes the tires black with hardly any gloss. Boaters and RV'ers like it so check stores that sell boating supply and RVing supply. It is around $16 for a 16oz. bottle and around $60 for a 1 gallon jug.

Stoner's Trim shine also works really well and just makes the tires black. It lasted over a week and 180 miles when I applied it too my truck. I got the spray can and as you spray it you can see it soak and dry into the tire almost immediately. Pepboys has it or you can order it directly from stoner. It is like $4 for a aerosol can and $50 including shipping for a 5 gallon jug.

Pro's S-97 Wipe-On Gloss also gives just a black look to tires with minimal shine. It is a water-based dressing and dries all the way. You can check it out at prowax.com and email them for a local distributor.

Armorall is also a good choice. It's new formula won't damage tires like the old formula use to when they used the cheap silicone.

Quick Reply: Non-wet look tire cleaner/polish