ARGH!! Dam Piegon Sh_t!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry ARGH!! Dam Piegon Sh_t!!!

I washed my truck sunday night and parked it in the back of the parking lot here at school and i went out about an hour ago to go to walmart and there was a HUGE stop of piegon crap on my hood. The passengerside windshield washer was COMPLETELY covered in it and had even splattered onto my windshield wipers and windshield. So i went inside, got a handful of paper towels and a squit bottle of water and soaked it down really well and used a crap-load of elbow grease to get it off. When the water dried i got quik detailer and wiped the whole area down. Every thing looks good, except where the sh_t landed. Theres a really hazy and rough-textured outline of where it was I dont know how to get it back to its original shine. I wax it very regularly with Meguiras 26 so i think it should be pretty protected, but how should i remove the haziness? Clay bar??

-Greeno

Old 04-30-2003, 02:38 PM
Dang that sucks. Try some scratch remover. That should do it.

Old 04-30-2003, 03:25 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Possibly the rubbing (elbow grease) with paper towels did it. I too recommend a swirl remover. Meg #9 should help, or DACP.

Old 04-30-2003, 03:29 PM
While we are on the subject of bird crap. I have a question, how long is to long? In other words if you get bird crap on your paint (even if it has a nice coat of wax/polish) how long until it starts to affect the paint?

When I see it on there I get it off as soon as possible, but was wondering how long is to long? Thanks...

Old 04-30-2003, 05:23 PM
It depends on the bird poop and what they are eating.

Some bird poop can etch in a day or others a week.

I say just when you get home take some quick detailer and clean those spots off quickly.

Or do like me and just don't worry about it...

Old 04-30-2003, 05:37 PM
Thanks Intel. So it sounds like if a bird craps on my truck at work and then sits there for say 4 - 5 hours that once I get home and get it off it shouldn't really hurt it.

We get some seaguls at work and some days it is as if they make bombing runs. We also get them little birds (don't know what kind they are) but they crap that blueberry looking crap.

If I don't get to it at lunch to clean off, I do it as soon as I get home, wash it down with the hose and some soap. Then apply some polish over the crapped on area just to make sure it is protected for the next bombing campaign...

Old 04-30-2003, 06:51 PM
I wiped all of it off but theres a perfect faded spot rough in texture where i wiped it off. It was well lubricated when i was wiping it off so i dont think it is my fault there is a faded splat spot on my truck. Ill get some clay bar or rubbing compound after it when my last final is over, next tuesday.....

Old 04-30-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Thanks Intel. So it sounds like if a bird craps on my truck at work and then sits there for say 4 - 5 hours that once I get home and get it off it shouldn't really hurt it.
Yhea, I usually spray some QD on there and remove what I can. What doesn't come off I spray some more quick detailer on and let it sit awhile. I'll then come back and it has usually softened up a lot!

Old 04-30-2003, 07:53 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds to me like it might have been the stuff that might have etched in a period of hours...

I have one spot on my hood that is exactly the same way... not a thing in the world that I can figure out to fix my problem...

I hope someone here might know of something but, the way I see it, it's IN the paint and NOT the clearcoat on mine... little of nothing can be done (short of repainting).

RP

Old 05-01-2003, 07:42 PM
Must be something about green trucks - they do it to me too. Just last friday, mine came out of the shop with a new cobra hood and after cleaning it saturday morning it was re-christened within two hours. Time to break out the duck hunting gear and stand guard. Wonder what the daily limit is?

Old 05-01-2003, 08:53 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Spanky114
Wonder what the daily limit is?
Unlimited and no license required. Be sure to use buckshot. Get 10 or 15 in one shot!!

RP

Old 05-02-2003, 12:23 AM
The birds in San Francisco are producers of VERY acidic ****. A bird crapped on my car while at school, and by the end of the day, my paint was hazed. I wax all the time, but that **** is incidious. 5 hours later the clearcoat was eaten!

Of all things, I used Zymol swirl remover/wax and it was gone! This was my first time using Zymol. Previously, I had used Meguiars carnuba.

RockPick~ Turkey shot would be appropriate in this situation, buckshot might miss in long distance applications. If you are a good aim, you can use rifled slugs for those pigeons! SPLAT! LOL!!

Last edited by mf150; 05-02-2003 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:14 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by mf150
RockPick~ Turkey shot would be appropriate in this situation, buckshot might miss in long distance applications. If you are a good aim, you can use rifled slugs for those pigeons! SPLAT! LOL!!

LOL! Good suggestion!

RP

Quick Reply: ARGH!! Dam Piegon Sh_t!!!