Good Way To Clean Your Truck's Underbody!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 08:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Way To Clean Your Truck's Underbody!

FYI:

Have any of you ever driven on mud or dirt and seams to permanently stick to your trucks underbody and frame. And no matter how many times you stick a hose under there and try to wash the gunk off it does not get clean. I found a quick and easy way to really clean under your truck at home. Spray frame and any parts of the underbody with Castrol Super Clean Cleaner/Degreaser and attach your hose to your hot water heater and hose it off, it will look like it just came off the assembly line, no bull I do it every 4 to 6 months and it work great.

Castrol Super Clean Cleaner Degreaser Link:
http://www.castrolusa.com/products/p...&product_id=44

Old 04-30-2003, 08:33 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Excellent suggestion......

I've used degreaser for projects like that for a long time (I used to use it on my tires for tire dust in the same fashion)... never thought about using it on the underbody.

Great idea... I'll have to try that.

Anyone see any 'cons' to using it on the underbody? Any sensative areas to 'not degrease'?

RP

Old 04-30-2003, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is a question, I have my underbody undercoated. Would using a de-degreaser not harm the undercoating? I am thinking it would, but do not know for sure.

Old 04-30-2003, 09:47 PM
Moderator &

Degreaser is pretty harsh stuff... not sure if it would remove it or not. I'd test it on a spot somewhere out of sight and out of mind to see if it would 'cut' it.

Definately a legitimate concern...

RP

Old 05-01-2003, 11:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most cleaner/degreasers will remove undercoating - or at the very least soften it temporarily. I might have another concern. What if the chemical gets into things like your Parking Brake cables? Might it not hasten their demise? There's also the issue of the grease that seals the electrical connections and prevents corrosion - like the connectors on your transmission. I'd agree that this kind of process might make for a really clean underbody, but I'd be a litle worried about getting things too clean.

Old 05-01-2003, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would simple green do the same thing

Old 05-01-2003, 05:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I mainly use it on the frame and tranny if needed, I would not spray it on everything. If you have an undercoating I would not try it.

Old 05-01-2003, 06:06 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Green_98
would simple green do the same thing
I certainly would think so but, I still think I'd dilute it out quite a bit as I think it could cause the same potential damage to 'other' stuff in it's full strength concentrate form.

Not sure but, just a hunch.

RP

Quick Reply: Good Way To Clean Your Truck's Underbody!