Best car wash to maintain.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 02:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Best car wash to maintain.....

the Klasse twins. Quite a bit of work, especially removing the sealant. Would like to maintain the wax finish.....which cleaning/wash solution would be best?, thanks

Old 05-03-2003, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well its open to opinion but i find that Meguires gold wash works wonders for reamoving hard deposits and grime. and is very safe foir clear coats and wax/ polish jobs. matter a fact it seems to help them . gl to ya

Old 05-03-2003, 04:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got three coats of Klasse SG to last 6 months (stripped for a full detail at end, could have gone longer).

I was mainly using Pro's Cherry Suds but towards the end started using Meguiar's Gold Class. I didn't notice any difference in performance.

Next time you apply Klasse Sealant Glaze try to apply it as thin as possible. When I apply it on my truck I run the applicator across the surface and will see a light wet haze on the surface that quickly disappears. The only visible streaks I can see without trying are where I pick the applicator up or reverse direction with the applicator. Otherwise I really have to work at being able to see the streaks on the paint.

Old 05-03-2003, 05:53 PM
One thing you want to remember with any car wash, is don't over-use it. Follow the instructions for the proper mixing. Don't just drop a big "glob" of wash into a bucket. To much of some car wash soaps can strip some waxes............. although, Klasse is pretty tough and it would take a lot. Still, follow the instructions for best performance.

Old 05-04-2003, 08:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink lesson learned

Originally posted by Intel486
I got three coats of Klasse SG to last 6 months (stripped for a full detail at end, could have gone longer).

I was mainly using Pro's Cherry Suds but towards the end started using Meguiar's Gold Class. I didn't notice any difference in performance.

Next time you apply Klasse Sealant Glaze try to apply it as thin as possible. When I apply it on my truck I run the applicator across the surface and will see a light wet haze on the surface that quickly disappears. The only visible streaks I can see without trying are where I pick the applicator up or reverse direction with the applicator. Otherwise I really have to work at being able to see the streaks on the paint.
Found out the hard way about how much sealant to apply, ha ha....can't treat Klasse like regular car wax. I think Zaino was alot easier to use/remove. I think I'll wait to see how long this application lasts(Klasse) before I switch back to Zaino.

Old 05-05-2003, 12:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phillyFX4, yep, that is the main problem with Klasse SG. People use way too much. You just basically want to wipe an applicator across the surface that is only damp with SG. That is all you need.

It really isn't all that hard to use once you've applied it once or twice. I can get it on my truck now without really even thinking about it.

Old 05-05-2003, 10:49 PM
Zaino vs Meguires vs TurtleWax Carwashes

I can hardly tell the difference between Zaino's Z7 carwash and Mequires Gold carwash. They are both really nice to work with.

But at Costco I recently suckered for a gallon of Turtlewax Carwash that superficially looked like Meguires so I snatched up a gallon of the stuff. Turtlewax carwash does NOT hold a candle to either Mequires or Z7. I doesn't provide the suds or the cleaning results.

Thumbs DOWN on Turtlewax carwash and Thumbs up on either Meguires or the zeeword 7. So, based on cost and convenience I will buy a gallon of Mequires carwash. It is inexpensive, easy to find and does a great job.

Tom

Quick Reply: Best car wash to maintain.....