how is your zaino z16 tire care working?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how is your zaino z16 tire care working?

hey guys and fellow zaino users...

i have been using z16 for a couple weeks now and am not as pleased as i thought i was gonna be in terms of the longevity of the shine. i wash my truck every friday and use the z16 then. it lasts pretty well through the weekend, but by tuesday, it looks like *****, no shine whatsoever. the way i have been applying it is using the eagle one tire swipes. i go around and do all 4 tires, and then i go around and hit it with a light second coat. the stuff dries fine and looks great for a weekend, but i would think that the stuff would last longer???

Joe

Old 05-07-2003, 05:50 PM
KingRanchSC02,

I've yet to find a product that lasts very long on tires. On it's own, the Z16 holds up a little better than some, but not much. However, here's what I do to keep the tires looking better for a longer period of time.

I clean the tires really, really well. Then, I apply a coat of Meguiar's Endurance Gel. Let the tires dry for a few hours, lightly wash off any excess Endurance with some car wash suds, and let dry. Now, apply a light coat or two of the Z16. This seems to keep the tires nice for a longer period of time.............. at least for me.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Boss_429; 05-07-2003 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:02 PM
I haven't had any problems. I do a coat after i wash the truck once a week, just let the tireshine sit on the tire (excess evaporates) and the shine will last me through a full week, also through rain if i don't drive during it.

Plus, i'd rather have to apply it more often, than some tire shines where its oily and seems like it will NEVER all come off

Old 05-07-2003, 08:14 PM
For me and the way I use the Z16 it last for what I call a long time. A long time is 4 - 6 weeks.

I only do the one coat because I do not like "shinny" tires but more the natural look, or a satain look. So I can't speak to how well it last as far as shinny.

Quick Reply: how is your zaino z16 tire care working?