First wax questions, please?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First wax questions, please?

Hey, guys just a few questions. I've had my truck now for about 3 months, and the weather is now nice enough to wax, and work has slowed down that I have time. My biggest concern is that now there are bug guts that just don't come off at a car wash, and having a black truck and "hard" water I can't wash it at home. I have some bug/tar remover that I used to use on my old car, should I:

a) use the bug/tar remover then wax it (I use Meguiars by the way)
b) use the bug/tar remover, then clay, then wax
c) just clay bar then wax?

Yes, I love my truck, and yes, I want my truck to look great, and yes, I want to protect my baby from the elements, but please take into consideration I don't have the time or desire to spend an entire weekend and a couple hundred dollars for dozens of cleaners/polishes/waxes/etc...

and yes, I have searched, and read, and read, and now my eyes are tired, and I found too many other things that took me off on tangents, and well, anyway I didn't find my specific answer...

thanks...

Old 05-12-2003, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do whatever it takes to get the bugs off there. Try the bug and tar remover first. If that works, you probably don't need to clay, as your truck is still new. Then, get a product on there that will go on and come off easy, and last a long time. If you're a Meguiar's user, you might want to go with Medallion Premium Paint Protection, as it contains polish, waxes, and polymers. However, in your case, I would recommend a product that would last longer like Platinum's UPP, or Poorboy's EX. Sounds like Zaino, and Klasse are not in your list.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 05-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd check out some of Poorboy's products. His Carnauba w/ Polish is great and you can also throw in some of his new EX.

For the bugs check out Valugard's Omni APC. It works great on bugs. I spray it on and let it soak for awhile and then use my washmit and carefully clean the guts off.

This stuff can also be used for vinyl, leather, stains on carpeting, wheels, tires, bird poop on paint, bugs guts, engine cleaning, etc. I talked to them about it and he listed what it contains as well as what normal APCs contain that actually damage paint and how this stuff doesn't damage paint. I talked to three other Pro's who have been using it awhile and it sounds safe. I've now been using it on paint for bugs and bird poop for a couple months now with no problems. The next good thing is that one gallon of it makes 10 gallons for working solution!

Here's a link to purchase: http://online.supern.com/acb/showdet..._ID=28&CATID=4

This stuff works off of how long you let it sit on the paint and not how concentrated it is. Mixing it stronger than the instructions say to mix it will just waste product.

Quick Reply: First wax questions, please?