I need help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need help!!!!

Okay, right now I am just really mad. I went out to wash my truck, because I haven't washed it in about two weeks now. I normally wash it about once a week. Now I live on a dirt road and it hasn't rained here in over 2 weeks down here, so the roads are real dusty. Also, I haven't parked under any trees lately that I know of.

Well on to washing the truck. On my hood and on my roof there were thousands of little dots on it. I have seen them before, but only just a few and they would come right off. I could get them off by scrubbing them off with my thumb, but there were so many it would have taken me hours to get them all off. Anything I can do to get them off? I know the obvious answer will be to use a claybar or someting like that, but I have not ever been able to find them at any of the stores around here. And I don't have a credit card to order any from online stores. Anyone know anything else I can do?

I went ahead and just washed over the truck lightly, just to get the dirt off. I tried taking pics, but they wouldn't show up very well

Old 05-12-2003, 08:12 PM
black dots

are they sticky? if they are i think i know what you are talking about. i used "goo gone" and it worked good, but it sounds like you have too many to do one at a time. i never noticed any discoloring or anything on the paint after i used it, but i didnt use it over a whole surface either. it might be something to try on a small area?????

but that stuff works awesome on everything.

Old 05-12-2003, 08:14 PM
Most Wal Marts, K-Marts, AutoZones, Advanced Auto Parts, Napa Auto parts and many others carry a "Clay Bar kit". Either Meguiar's or Mothers. The clay will remove sap, and paint overspray and the like.

Anyhow, if the stuff on your vehicle is sap, you could also go to any store that carries turpentine, mineral spirts, or denatured alcohol, and try that. Just don't get carried away with the solvents. Put a light amount on a good cotton towel to remove.

Old 05-12-2003, 11:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like Boss suggested Clay Will remove the spots easily if they are not sap. Clay Magic and Mother's are two brands I like.

For sap I like Turpentine. Soak a rag and put it on the spots. Then resoak the rag, let it sit, adn carefully wipe the sap away.