detail help

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
detail help

just a question about getting a truck redy for a car show,

my old neighborhood is having a car show on the ridge in rox. i am going to enter my 99 in it so i can hang with some friends and see some nice cars. i have some scratches and my boss is going to pull the two dents that i got at work and here is where my question comes in, how do i detail my engine, i have a volant air kit(will buy a green filter just for the show) how do i keep water out? and get the paint up to snuff, not to start a wax war, the truck has been maguiered since its birth(3 step system). i have never used a clay bar, would that apply to me?

ok thats enough questions

thanks in advance

moose

Old 05-12-2003, 10:24 PM
Take this and pick up some Zaino at www.zainobros.com

She like it ALOT...

Old 05-12-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Take this and pick up some Zaino at www.zainobros.com

She like it ALOT...
LMAO @ Sport!!!!

Schoolbus, you can use Z as your topper once the finish is properly prepared for Z or whatever you decide for your topper. Carnubas such as P21S, S100, One Grand or even #26 works good too as well. I'm not sure of #26 is a pure wax so i dunno if you can layer it or not. Remember this, When getting that deepest, most slickest, shinest paint surface out there to the point to where you can see metal, well,,,,,,maybe not that far, lol but make sure you do good prep. I have proved to myself that prep is key! I.E removing sctraches, swirls, oxidation and such. This is where clay WILL benefit you. It helps to remove all that junk that's on the paint robbing the wax's full potential shine and will leave the paint like a wet fish in bucket of slime, lol Maybe not like that but you get the idea. Clay will benefit you. Take your time, just pretend your 01 Xlt Sport running his Zaino soaked fingers along his Zaino drenched finish in Fantasy land, LMFAO!!!!! J/K SPort. hope this helps ya out,,,,,91

Last edited by f-150_91; 05-12-2003 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:27 PM
Oops, AS Far as your engine goes. I fyou are going to show it. Get in there, and spend some good quality time with a water based, not solvent based cleaner and a brush. Your going to need it! Make sure all the sensors and computer and alternator is protected from the water otherwise just avoid getting water on them or at least too much water anyway. You don't have to be stuck up and up tight about getting your electricals wet. Just wrap some plastic and/or tin foil and some tape works good. Just enough to keep the majority of the water out. Once the engine is dry, spray some engine or tire dressing with a satin finish. Judges like a clean engine and smelling fresh too. Liitle trick my uncle taought me before he passed on, his once your engine is as clean as it can possibly be, spray some Lemon Scent Lysol in there. So when they look at, they will smell fresh lemons or whatever works good and smells nice. Not some obnoxious fragrance that 2 cars down they can smell it and you get high off, lol. No kidding, all joking aside you don't have to do the scent oredeal but it does help,,,,,91

Old 05-13-2003, 06:18 AM
schoolbus,

01, and 91 have given you some great advice. Specifically, I have to agree with 91. If you have a darker color truck, the P21S or S100 is the ticket for a "show car shine". Don't get me wrong, the Meguiar's products are very good, but when it comes to pure shine and looks, and ease of application and removal, the P21S is possibly the finest wax on the planet! IMHO, the only other product in its class is Pinnacle's Souveran, and the P21S is one third the price.

Old 05-13-2003, 03:43 PM
FINALLY SOMEONE ON THIS SITE AGREES WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Carnuba waxes really "drench" the finish fine oils and waxes to produce that iilusive deep wet look. NO doubt in my mind for one bit that Z looks awesome on darker colors too, JMO I like Carnuba. P21S/S100 is the same wax, just a different name. But something about S100 that looks somewhat "wetter" than P21S, Like I said. This is just me,,,91

Old 05-13-2003, 04:48 PM
wow

thanks guys im gonna hit that link when i am done here

i really appreciate the advice and will try to post pics when i am done(computer illiterate! )

moose

Old 05-13-2003, 05:47 PM
schoolbus,

Good luck, and keep us posted on your results.

Yep, I've been using P21S for several years now, long before some people even knew it existed. Anyhow, it's truly a great looking carnauba. Now, it's not the longest lasting stuff, and it's a dust magnet like most carnauba's, but if those issues aren't a problem to the user, there's not a better looking wax out there........ in my opinion (except maybe Souveran).

Unlike some, who "pledge an allegence" to a particular product, or product line, I'm always searching for something "just a little better". Fortunately, for all of us, there are a good number of great products out there. I've tried Zaino, Klasse, UPP, and just about every carnauba on the market. The Z, Klasse, and UPP are great products, and there are several excellent carnuaba's. It' all a matter of performance, requirements, and preference.

Poorboy's products are next on my list to test, as I've heard nothing but excellent things about his stuff, and he's a great guy to deal with.

Quick Reply: detail help