Any wax that can be applied in the sun?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any wax that can be applied in the sun?

I know most high quality waxes require you to apply them on a cool vehicle in the shade. Unfortunately I don't have a garage or a large enough tree, and it's never cool in Tampa in the summer, so I'm left with a truck in, at best, partial shade. I've used products like Nu Finish, 2001, and currently Prestone and have been decently satisfied. Just wondering if anyone has a recomendation for the next time I need to buy a product (should be soon). If it matters, my truck is True Blue.

Old 05-12-2003, 09:57 PM
You can apply Zaino in the sun

www.zainobros.com

Old 05-12-2003, 10:10 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can? I apply it in the shade, then move intothe sun to dry,. Never tried applying in the sun.

THe only product I have heard works great in the sun, and looks great is Moose Wax.

Old 05-12-2003, 10:13 PM
Here is a few pics of my truck with Zaino:

Old 05-12-2003, 10:14 PM
Old 05-12-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by APT
You can? I apply it in the shade, then move intothe sun to dry,. Never tried applying in the sun.

THe only product I have heard works great in the sun, and looks great is Moose Wax.
Yes you can apply Zaino in the sun. You will use a little more product, not much more, but a little. Where I lived before I had the same problem no where to wax/polish in the shade unless I waited until night. I e-mailed a question to zaino bros.com and asked about it and he said no problem, except like I stated about using a little more product. It is even stated somewhere in his write up on his site about it.

As a matter of fact the above pictures where taken after polishing in the sun.

Old 05-12-2003, 10:17 PM
here's my zaino pic:

Old 05-12-2003, 10:19 PM
You just know RockPick will be by to say hello...

Old 05-12-2003, 10:49 PM
Looks like I'll be making my first Zaino purchase in the near future. So I guess I'll need z2 and the accelerator. I'll also go ahead and get the clay to try out. My truck is brand new (two months) but my wife's is older so I'm sure it could use a good claying. Anything else I need to know?

Old 05-12-2003, 11:24 PM
You said your truck was True Blue so I take it that is a dark blue color? If so you may want to use Z5, I know Harley has a black truck and he has said he feels he gets a better shine with the Z5 on dark colors.

APT, what do you think?

Old 05-12-2003, 11:37 PM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Poorboy stuff yet?

All his products can be used in full sun on black paint no problem. I've actually tried his Polish w/ Carnauba on a Dark Purple SUV in full sun. The stuff came off easily. I could actually feel the heat from the paint coming through the microfiber towel as I buffed the stuff off the paint.

Old 05-13-2003, 03:43 AM
Banned
Poorboy EX
Blackfire
Zaino
Vanilla Moose

They all can be applied in the sun.

I still havent found a good QD spray that can be applied in direct sunlight on black though.

Old 05-13-2003, 07:21 AM
APT
Originally posted by G8RDave
Looks like I'll be making my first Zaino purchase in the near future. So I guess I'll need z2 and the accelerator. I'll also go ahead and get the clay to try out. My truck is brand new (two months) but my wife's is older so I'm sure it could use a good claying. Anything else I need to know?
Like 01 Sport said, for dark colors most people prefer Z5. True blue is medium to dark. My Deep Wedgewood Blue is darker than my neighbor's True Blue. It really depends on what effect you like to choose Z2 or Z5. I would order Z5 no matter what, and skip Z2 if you want to save any money.

Since we are all showing, my Zaino lineup, but hardly my complete supplies.
Z5 on Deep Wedgewood Blue
Z2 on Silver Frost
Z5 on Graphie Gray Pearl
Z5 on Black

Old 05-13-2003, 08:17 AM
Heck, I may have to try Zaino on one half of the truck and Poorboy EX on the other half just to see which looks better and which lasts longer. I don't think I want to go with a true carnuba simply because it is so hot here the wax melts quickly and needs to be reapplied often. I don't mind waxing once a month (maybe twice), but once a week can get old.

Old 05-13-2003, 12:22 PM
i also live in Tampa bay and all i do is go to a do it yourself car wash place. and i use them for there shelters. most of the places around here all have detailing areas in the back of them or i will just pull into one of the washing stalls. if there really busy the ppl there will give you chit but its easy enough to find one withnoone there to avoid trouble. if you do this be sure to chose one that isnt busy so you dont have other ppl over spray getting all over your truck while waxing.

also i dont advice using these types of places to acctualy wash your truck. i know its petty but i just dont like not knowing for sure what is coming out of that hose. think about it. one hose for tire cleaner and then two seconds latter then want me to use the same hose for a rinse?> dont make much sence if ya ask me.

gl to ya

Quick Reply: Any wax that can be applied in the sun?