Can Oxford White shine w/Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can Oxford White shine w/Zaino

I've had my 2003 F150 for a week now. It is Oxford White over Arizona Beige. This is the first white vehicle I've had. I applied a coat of Meguiars Gold Class on Sunday and was disappointed. There is no depth to the finish. Can one ever get depth on a white vehicle?

I've been reading about Zaino in the posts and on their website. Seems like great stuff. Certainly requires many coats to put it on. What kind of durability/longevity do you get from it when compared to Gold Class or Mother's Carnuba?

Thanx in advance!

Old 05-13-2003, 11:21 PM
Zaino will outlast a caranuba wax by a long shot. Sal Zaino has posted before that one coat of wax may last 3 months, where just one coat of zaino will last around 6 in the same conditions.

IT may seem like alot of work at 1st, but with any product, you have to do prep work. most companies just leave out those steps in the instructions. Zaino is very thorough, thats why it sounds so complicated, but its really not all that bad.

Dawn wash, claybar, rewash to begin the process for any wax/polish/sealant/synthetic/etc

Then for white, your best bet is to pick up some Z2 for your polish, and ZFX additave, so you can do 3 coats in a day and get it done with for a while.
some Z7 car wash and Z6 quick detailer will help out the shine and depth also.

Old 05-13-2003, 11:41 PM
Re: Can Oxford White shine w/Zaino

Originally posted by AzBeigeKRinAz
There is no depth to the finish. Can one ever get depth on a white vehicle
Not gonna comment on Zaino products (they'll be plenty of folks that will) instead I'll just comment on your question about establishing depth in your white paint. Using the right products and elbow grease, you can establish a terrific surface finish that shines like glass, but I really don't think you'll ever be able to establish a significant amount of depth in basic white paint since white is such a reflective color. I think this is just one of the tradeoffs when owning a white vehicle.

Sorry I couldn't offer a better solution.

-Mike-

Old 05-14-2003, 02:06 AM
i heard that zaino is the $hi+ but its a little expensive for just wax

Old 05-14-2003, 06:25 AM
AzBeigeKRinAz,

My 99' SCab was Oxford white over gold. It was the reason I started using Zaino. Prior to that, I tried several different products that looked "good", but nothing specatacular. A few coats of Z2 changed that in a hurry. Really gave the white some "POP"! I still recommend "Z" on light colored paints like white, tan, beige... etc. Klasse, and Platinums UPP are two other good products for white. Seems like the synthetics look better on the light colors......... at least in my opinion. Then again, after looking at BigDeals truck, I would ask him what he uses, as his truck sure looks nice!

Anyhow, if you get the right Zaino products........... Z1 (or ZFX), Z2, Z5, Z6, and Z7................ you won't be disappointed with the results on your white........... and a few coats will last a long, long, long time!

Old 05-14-2003, 07:11 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All else being equal, Zaino on white is the best. Here is a white Acura CL-S for example. Like BigDeal said, you just cannot get the depth with white. It is just not a rich color.

Take a look at my tips and info thread for plenty of information.

Old 05-14-2003, 11:04 AM
Thanks everyone. I think I'll give Zaino a try. Sounds like the best I can do for white paint.

Old 05-14-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by svtmike24
i heard that zaino is the $hi+ but its a little expensive for just wax
well 1st its not even a wax.

2nd, its not really all that expensive.

you can do a whole truck with about one ounce of polish. the bottles are 8 ounces. thats 8 coats of polish. If you do one a month, and its 20 bucks for a bottle, thats only 2.50 a month spent on polish, and you dont even have to use one coat a month if you dont want to.

not really all that expensive when you look at how little is used per coat, and how long it lasts

Old 05-14-2003, 09:07 PM
Arrow Zaino Z2 on Oxford White

What do you think?

Old 05-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Zaino Z2 on Silver:

Old 05-14-2003, 10:46 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
**yawns** This thread bores me...

Old 05-15-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
HAHA, nice come back RP! That is funny ,,,91

Old 05-15-2003, 12:19 AM
Re: Re: Can Oxford White shine w/Zaino

Originally posted by BigDeal
Not gonna comment on Zaino products (they'll be plenty of folks that will) instead I'll just comment on your question about establishing depth in your white paint. Using the right products and elbow grease, you can establish a terrific surface finish that shines like glass, but I really don't think you'll ever be able to establish a significant amount of depth in basic white paint since white is such a reflective color. I think this is just one of the tradeoffs when owning a white vehicle.

Sorry I couldn't offer a better solution.

-Mike-
That is one nice looking piece of machinery you got there BigDeal, love the shine in it and the chrome

Old 05-15-2003, 01:24 AM
Re: Re: Re: Can Oxford White shine w/Zaino

Originally posted by f-150_91
That is one nice looking piece of machinery you got there BigDeal, love the shine in it and the chrome.
Thanks so much for the compliments! I am one of those folks (and there are many others on this site) that love to detail cars. The wife can't understand how I can spend all day in the garage on one of our vehicles. I guess each to their own.

Thanks again for your comments.

-Mike-

Old 05-15-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
ROFLMAO...

Quick Reply: Can Oxford White shine w/Zaino