Detailing ?s for Intel486, other pros...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 09:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Detailing ?s for Intel486, other pros...

Ok, for a detailing newbie, what kind and size of microfiber towels are best for cleaning windows, drying truck, removing wax, etc? What other uses are there for MF towels? What kind of cloth do you use to clean interior vinyl/plastic? What kind of cloth for applying 303 or other protectants to the dash? How many of each kind is usually required to clean a couple vehicles in a day?

TIA for your help.

fx4x42002

Old 05-15-2003, 01:08 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not a pro, but I'll offer some experiences.

I only have 16x16 MF terry towels and a 28x54" waffleweave for drying. My waffleweave is a little large and the 16" small for exterior detailing. The 16" squares are great for interior and windows in my experience. I use one 16" for 303 in the whole interior, maybe two vehicles if they are not too dirty. I use two 16" for windows, one to clean up and the second to buff the glass dry. Again, I have down two vehicles back to back with the two towels. For outside like wax or polish removeal, 16" swaur gets filled up to quickly. I use two 16" for quick detailing and two to remove wax on a SC truck. I recommend a little larger, but not too large that it becomes bulky whic his the problem with my waffleweave. It is a little too large to handle and not lat part of it touch the ground for example.

I just got some more MF towels. a few more 16" ones, but mainly 24" square for paint and a 24x36" waffleweave should still be plenty large enopugh to dry a truck using the sheeting water trick.

Quick Reply: Detailing ?s for Intel486, other pros...