Team Nothing!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Team Nothing!

Well, my 85 has joined team nothing with intel

truck hasn't been waxed in at least 6 months, and when it was i used like rain dance or some crap like that
last time it was washed was probably around then also.
its a work truck so not really worried about how it looks, but also, its light blue and a nice off white, so the dirt practically never shows hence the reasons it rarely gets cleaned. LoL

Anyway, washed it today, gotta wax it soon but didn't have time, and just thought i'd help prove intel's point a little more about its all in the angle and lighting for getting a finish to look great, and even nothing at all can look good as long as the paint is in good condition

Old 05-15-2003, 09:47 PM
Here's the pics.....

NEVER seen a garage in its life, 130K miles, sits outside 24/7, been anywhere and everywhere with it being a construction truck for 18 years.

Now the closeups?
Not the best right now, the sun was going down so i didn't have as much lighting as i hoped, but these are still some pretty good pics of NO wax or anything on WHITE paint, and still getting a nice reflection

these are both pics of the door panels.
Check out the reflection of my HD at the far end of the panel!

if an 18 year old paint job, and no wax at all, and never seeing a garage, and also being white doesn't help prove intel's point that a good reflection and stuff starts with the paint and isn't just the wax, i don't know what will. LoL

I am wondering how it would look with a few coats of zaino though. LoL! just not sure i want to waste any on the work truck. haha

Old 05-15-2003, 10:12 PM
And think of the moneyyou've saved!

Old 05-15-2003, 10:23 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Josh, you're still a Z ****.

Old 05-15-2003, 10:50 PM
Truck sure looks good for being that old. Anyhow I noticed something VERY shinny to the right, looked black and possible a hint of Zaino, hard to tell with the REFLECTION

Old 05-15-2003, 11:21 PM
Thumbs up Good lucking "work truck"!

Can't argue with the facts! I think Ford's paint must have been better back then!!!

Old 05-16-2003, 01:45 AM
I'm gonna have to join Team "Nothing" as well. My Ranger hasn't been waxed since just this past fall before old man winter took a dump on Ohio Last time I waxed it, mother forced me to use some of her older towels. They were 100% cotton but they were like 10 yrs old, matted down, tore up and not only did it make uneven gloss, but I didn't any improvment in gloss what so ever after the wax I used P-21 and Satin Creme on the truck last fall. And when it hit the sun, SWIRLS SWIRLS SWIRLS!!!!!!! I havn't washed my Ranger in about 2 months now because If I wash it, the swirls will highlight there ugly face. You can't see them because the truck is so damn filthy. So put me down on Team Nothing, lol,,91

Old 05-16-2003, 11:35 AM
Actually, I think that the work truck looks that good because the HD's reflection is so intense. You need to re-shoot the pictures with your HD completely out of sight. Then and only then will we know if this myth holds water.

Old 05-16-2003, 11:50 AM
I'm with the nothing team!! Just go look at my truck on the Thread titled Wax Quiz: My truck has been waxed once in the past 6 months and I think it looks better with nothing than it does with turtle wax

Here's the link (Lots of pics)
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=116408

By the way, nice truck and good reflection!

Old 05-16-2003, 12:30 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Good lucking "work truck"!

Originally posted by retired2001
Can't argue with the facts! I think Ford's paint must have been better back then!!!
You're actually exactly correct retired2001. The paint was applied much differently back around the build date of the older body style F150s etc.

You can thank the Clean Air Act for the changes and ultimately, a lesser quality paint job.

-RP

Old 05-16-2003, 01:58 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Team nothing has a great look, but I still prefer to use something, anything to protect.

Old 05-16-2003, 03:47 PM
yup, its been a great truck. doesn't burn a drop of oil, hardly any mechanical problems, just stalls out in the cold weather (one of the last carb engines)

the rear drivers fender has about a 4" by 1" spot that was rusting, but i'm in the middle of fixing it. need to pick up some primer.

The paint definately had to of been alot better back then, i doubt a new truck would hold up to the 18 years of abuse this one has gone through and still have a decent looking paint condition. lol.

This weekend the 85 might join team "Rain Dance" though LoL!
who's with me!

Old 05-16-2003, 10:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, my truck is back to nothing. Been about 1 1/2 months since I applied a coat of P21S so I'm pretty sure it is now gone.

Quick Reply: Team Nothing!