RockPick, question about DIRT???

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking RockPick, question about DIRT???

RockPick:

I was just checking out your gallery and you have a lot of good photos in there. I came across this one and the question popped into my head, here is the picture in question:

In your line of work you must have to deal with driving around in the dirt, am I right? If so I am thinking you are probably about as **** as me with my truck. Scratch “thinking” I know you’re as **** about your truck as I am about mine…

So do you drive around with a California duster or something like it? Or do you just grin and bear it till you can find the closets available water hose?

By the way that is a real good looking picture, (ok as well as a great shine jeessh) and the reason I thought of it was Saturday I put a few more coats of Zaino on my truck and when driving down the dirt road (approx, 300 yards long) I thought about it, and how I hate the damn dust. When I get home I usually break out my California duster before putting her in the garage.

Was just wondering how you coped with your situation.

Old 05-19-2003, 10:45 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You're right, I'm ultra-**** about my truck. Hence, that's why I know the guys at Enterprise Car Rental on a first name basis.

The aforementioned picture was actually while I was out doing a little 'rock hounding' along a long roadcut very near Louisville. The fossil hunting wasn't going very well so I decided to snap some photos...

Old 05-19-2003, 11:55 AM
Well at least you got something good out of it...

"I know the guys at Enterprise Car Rental on a first name basis"

Old 05-19-2003, 12:48 PM
Moderator &

Oh yeah, and I do carry a Cali Car Duster with me at all times. Those things are a MUST HAVE...

I'm using the same one that I've had for about 10 years now. Still works just as well as the day I bought it.

RP

Old 05-19-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
Oh yeah, and I do carry a Cali Car Duster with me at all times. Those things are a MUST HAVE...

I'm using the same one that I've had for about 10 years now. Still works just as well as the day I bought it.

RP
Same here. I have had mine over 10 years it is in my tool box at all times along with window cleaner, paper towels, etc. One never knows when they need to clean off the big bug kill on the window or bird crap off the paint.

Old 05-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Moderator &

Uhh... I don't use mine to scrape off bugs or bird scat. Just dust/pollen.

You must have that industrial Cali Duster with the metal bristles.

RP

Old 05-19-2003, 03:49 PM
No, I just use my duster for dust. The window cleaner for bugs on the window and if needed to remove bird crap from the paint...

Old 05-19-2003, 04:28 PM
I use my cali duster almost every day, or sometimes 2 or 3 times a day here

can't live without it!

Old 05-19-2003, 04:34 PM
my parking lot at work is nothing but dirt, stones and the like, so i dust mine almost everyday...with the busses and everyones cars we kick up a lotta dust it is a must have, along with meguiers quick detail and rags

Old 05-19-2003, 05:07 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
No, I just use my duster for dust. The window cleaner for bugs on the window and if needed to remove bird crap from the paint...
Window cleaner to remove bird shat? Tisk tisk! At lease carry some z-6 with you... hell, break down and buy a cheapy bottle of Quick Detailer. You could use a decent product in your detailing array.

RP

Old 05-19-2003, 05:10 PM
You should invest in that wrapping the Enterprise car rental cars have, that'll keep it clean

Old 05-19-2003, 05:36 PM
Awesome shine RP! Love the depth and how rich it looks. Keep up the good work ,,,91

Old 05-19-2003, 06:11 PM
Window cleaner to remove bird shat? Tisk tisk! At lease carry some z-6 with you... hell, break down and buy a cheapy bottle of Quick Detailer. You could use a decent product in your detailing array.

RP
I do carry a bottle of Z6, but I use the window cleaner first to soak a paper towel over the bird crap. Once removed I then Z6 it.

Perfection is tough but we all do it

That is a nice deep rich shine your truck has and going from what Harley has said Z5 would be better to use then Z2, and I know your a big Meguires fan, and it does look great but I wonder if the Z would give it any more depth or not. If my truck looked that good with Meguires I may hesitate to try Zaino as well, but then I would have the “what if” syndrome in my head.

Did he send you any Z5 or just the Z2?

The reason I ask is I bought a bottle of Z5 that I don't intend to use and if you happen to try it and like it I would send this bottle to you...

Old 05-19-2003, 06:22 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
The reason I ask is I bought a bottle of Z5 that I don't intend to use and if you happen to try it and like it I would send this bottle to you...
He actually sent a little bit of both. It might be a few weeks before the Z hits the truck though. Things are pure chaos right now.

RP

Old 05-19-2003, 06:24 PM
He actually sent a little bit of both. It might be a few weeks before the Z hits the truck though. Things are pure chaos right now.

RP
You going to try something like the tailgate first or the whole truck?

Quick Reply: RockPick, question about DIRT???