UV Protection for upholstry?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UV Protection for upholstry?

Just wondering if there is anything you can put on the seats and upolstry to avoid sun fade over the years? I just bought an '03 Heritage with an awesome black and red interior that I want to keep looking nice for years to come. I plan to use 303 aerospace protectant on the dash and such, but I want to keep the seats nice without covering them. I had thought about window tint for the front windows, but the police here can really be picky about it.

Old 05-21-2003, 11:29 PM
Banned
Well you have a legal limit for tint right? Even a little bit would help, maybe use one of those windshield sun screens when parked?

Old 05-22-2003, 04:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get your windows tinted also. You can also use one of the sunscreens across the front.

Do you have leather? If so, then you can use the 303 aerospace on it. It blocks 98% of the UV rays.

If they are fabric, then some of the fabric protectors actually have UV protection in them. I'm not sure if PRO's Fabric Guard does. You might want to look at 303's Facbric protector as I be it probably has UV protection. It also help keep stains from setting into the fabric!

Old 05-27-2003, 10:23 AM
303 Fabric Protector

303 Fabric Protector is all you need. I use it on my bimini top on my boat. The top is bright red and sits outside here in Central Texas and has not faded in 2 years.

You can get it at West Marine or online at www.overtons.com and other boating supply internet sites.

Old 05-30-2003, 04:55 PM
The highest levels of UV are in Denver. There you really need help. I lived there years ago but still remember The incredible damage to things like vinyl upholstry.

Quick Reply: UV Protection for upholstry?