Ain,t that nice.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ain,t that nice.....

went by my local dealership(one that I have disc'ed so bad in the past) and went to the body shop and saw the guy that did the adjustment on my truck 2 years ago when the valie slammed the concret pole in the parking garage!!!!....ppphhheeewww...anyway..I asked him if I could get some of those black clip on deals that are on the inner fender skirt...he said those are called "christmas trees" by the techs and said to follow him to the shop...gave me a hand full of each size(might as well get it while you can) and then I asked for,the heck of it,if he would give me a price to fix all the little **** nicks and scratches on my truck...we went out to look at it and he said it wasnt that much and said that I had taken really good care of the truck considering it was a '97.... i pointed out where they had done a bad job of blending on the repair job before and asked what it would cost to do a detail....."bring it in on a saturday and I'll have the guys go over it real qiuck and bring a jar with you and I'll give you some paint so you can do touch up's later"...and how much?..."not a thing,since we screwed up that blend ,I'll fix that and go over all the rest for no charge"..so we settled on the week end of the 4Th (that way they should be caught up on the hail damage work and not rush it) I'll keep you informed

Old 05-22-2003, 09:13 PM
Hope that works out well for you. I'm going to have to order a touch up pen from paintscratch.com.

Some body shops are just dandy. Mine repainted the driver's door, back door, side of the bed, and tailgate. It had some problems working out, but they always made it good. Had to take it back 2 times, but not a big deal to me.

The first time I picked it up, the power window jumped the track when I went to put it down. I thought, ok, no big deal. Told the rep about it. He said "What can I do to make it up to you?" I was just kidding around and said "You could pinstrip my truck!" Honest, I was fooling around. His response "I can do that, what color and how wide?"

The ended up doing all of the work for free. And to boot when i wanted my louvers and window guards painted they did those for free. Some folks are just plain nice. That's why I have a reference to them on my website.

Nice folks

Old 05-22-2003, 09:19 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's always nice to hear a story like this...

It's typically 'the dealer screwed me.. blah blah'...

Nice to hear a success story.

RP

Old 05-23-2003, 07:29 PM
"next on the Oprah show"

haha, thats what I thought of. Auto Zone where I live, they're pretty cool to me. The manager got some next wax in, and he was wanting to try it, but didn't want to use it on his truck, so he "accidentally" scratched it, and gave it to me to try. What a nice guy.

Old 05-23-2003, 08:20 PM
As RockPick said it's nice to hear the good stories. It gets tiring only reading about the negatives. I am also fortunate that I have a great shop and especially a great service manager to deal with.

Old 05-23-2003, 08:30 PM
Rugby3:

What dealer do you use? I use Portsmouth Ford and they have some real good service there...

They also have a great service department at Granite Ford in Rochester...

Old 05-23-2003, 08:43 PM
I have always used Portsmouth Ford. I only speak with one guy there. He always takes very good care of me. Since I work just down the street it makes dropping it off very easy.I haven't dealt with Granite at all.

Old 05-23-2003, 10:53 PM
"ain't that nice,the sequel"....

heck I went by my local parts dealer today and was just B.S.ing with the guy I always get my parts from and happened to mention to him that I was gonna replace my front end in a couple of weeks ...new upper and lower arms with the bushings and balljoints already on(enhanced),pitman arm and idlier arm...so he pulled them up on the screen and said that the price for Moog brand was gonna be 375 but lets do this and then this and heres what I'll do for you...245..I pulled my plastic faster than a Ninja pulling a Samaria sword and told him to order it up,should be in on monday

Quick Reply: Ain,t that nice.....