Zaino help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino help Please!

I have been looking at all of your truck pictures after you use the Zaino products and want my truck to have that glow, but when I go out to their website, I am not exactly sure which products I actually need. Probably all of them eventually, but what will get me off the ground to get my truck that Zaino shine? I know I will need the claybar, but which polish?

Thanks!

Old 05-23-2003, 01:14 PM
sxmax,

At a minimum you will need Z1 cleaner (or ZFX if you want to put on more than one coat at a time), Z2 or Z5 polish (or both), Z7 car wash, and Z6 QD.

Here is a great link to help you with any questions you may have (or ask them here).

http://www.lazaino.com/ApplyZaino.htm

Old 05-23-2003, 02:11 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's a very good website there Boss... Maybe, just maybe, I'll do the Z treatment this weekend... maybe.

RP

Old 05-23-2003, 03:55 PM
RP,

Thanks, and good luck with the "Z".

One last thing............. you know I'm a "Z" fan, and I think that you will like it on your truck. However, based on the pics I've seen of your truck, I doubt that it could look much better. Having said that, with the color of your truck, I think you would REALLY like Platinums UPP. Two or three coats of UPP, followed by an ocassional coat of a product like Poorboy's EX would be fantasitic on your truck, and both product go on and come off so easy that it's pathetic!

Again, good luck!

Last edited by Boss_429; 05-23-2003 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by RockPick
That's a very good website there Boss... Maybe, just maybe, I'll do the Z treatment this weekend... maybe.

RP
Can I be reading that right

Old 05-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Re: Zaino help Please!

Originally posted by sxmax
I have been looking at all of your truck pictures after you use the Zaino products and want my truck to have that glow, but when I go out to their website, I am not exactly sure which products I actually need. Probably all of them eventually, but what will get me off the ground to get my truck that Zaino shine? I know I will need the claybar, but which polish?

Thanks!
First here is a cheat sheet for you…

ZAINO cheat sheet

ZFX – Flash cure accelerator for Z2, Z3 and Z5
Z1 – Show car polish LOK, pre-cleaner and gloss enhancer. (Not needed if using ZFX)
Z2 – Show car polish for clear coated finishes (Better for light colors)
Z3 – Show car polish for regular paint (Paint not clear coated)
Z4 – There is none
Z5 – Polish for swirl marks and fine scratches (Better for dark colors)
Z6 – Ultra clean “Gloss enhancer” spray (Used after polishing and/or after washing)
Z7 – Show car wash
Z8 – There is none
Z9 – Leather soft spray cleaner
Z10 – “Leather in a bottle” treatment and conditioner
Z11 – There is none
Z12 – Clear view glass polish
Z13 – There is none
Z14 – Plastic-magic cleaner and polish
Z15 – There is none
Z16 – Perfect tire gloss (Great if you want real gloss tires, and great if you do NOT like gloss, one coat gives a satin finish)
Z17 – There is none
Z18 – Claybar

NOTE: ZFX enables you to put up to three coats on in one day…

I would skip the Z1 and just go with the ZFX. I originally bought the Z1 and have never used it. As Boss pointed out with the ZFX you can put up to 3 coats a day of either Z2 or Z5. Without the ZFX you will have to wait something like 6 – 8 hours between coats. If you live somewhere with humidity you may find it takes a very long time for the Zaino to dry. The ZFX is 2 great things in one. First it eliminates the drying time needed where it is humid. I find by using the ZFX it takes about 30 minutes if that for the Zaino to dry.

Second it helps bond the polish to the paint so you do NOT have to wait 6 – 8 hours in between coats. As far as which products to get. It depends on the color of your truck. If it is a light color you want Z2, if it is a darker color you want the Z5 (disregard its description as a “Polish for swirl marks and fine scratches”). There are members here that have dark colors that use the Z5. One in particular is Harley #356, he has a black Harley and found that he gets a much better shine with the Z5 then with the Z2.

I am sure he will be by and give his recommendation and to also, as I will, welcome you to Team Zaino…

That is basically it for products for polishing, the ZFX and either Z2 (lighter colors) or Z5 (darker colors).

The next product’s that are a MUST have are the Z7 car wash and the Z6 ultra gloss spray. As far as a clay bar I use the Z18 but I am sure just about any good clay product will work just fine.

I will add this, before you actually stand back and judge what you think of the shine you need at least 3 – 5 coats. I would say 5 coats should be standard for a “base”. So you would be looking at 2 days, or 2 weekends. I am telling you after you get 5 coats on it’s awesome. What is nice is after you get the shine you want you can polish whenever but ONLY if you want to because it really last you can go 6 months no problems.

CAUTION:

First, when you apply the Zaino polish put VERY LIGHT coats on. I have a silver F150 and you really can not tell you have put a coat on. It does not haze (at least on light colors) like other waxes or polishes do. If you put it on heavy it will be a real pain in the @ss to get off.

Second, insure it is dry before you buff it off. Just like the instructions state, you should be able to run your finger across it and see a clean shine, no smears. If you see it smeared WAIT, or again your in for a pain in the @ss experience.

I learned all that the hard way. Mainly because it was hard to tell with my color truck. Some people use the Z6 ultra gloss shine in between coats. I don’t, I only use it after the final coat and EVERY time after I wash the truck. If you wash your truck once a week and use the Z6 you will find it is very easy to keep clean, like bugs, bird crap etc, which would be true of any good polish or wax that is maintained properly.

WELCOME TO THE ZAINO TEAM, enjoy watching the competition stand on the side lines and weep…

Old 05-23-2003, 08:57 PM
Moderator &

Re: Re: Zaino help Please!

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport

WELCOME TO THE ZAINO TEAM, enjoy watching the competition stand on the side lines and weep… [/B]
Weep because we're laughing histerically at how much stupid ***** you all have to do to get a shine. Pitaful if you ask me.

Old 05-23-2003, 09:31 PM
Re: Re: Re: Zaino help Please!

Originally posted by RockPick
Weep because we're laughing histerically at how much stupid ***** you all have to do to get a shine. Pitaful if you ask me.
That's my boy, that's the RockPick I know...

Old 05-24-2003, 09:26 AM
Moderator &

Re: Re: Re: Re: Zaino help Please!

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
That's my boy, that's the RockPick I know...
Would you expect less?

Old 05-24-2003, 11:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

haha, Rockpick you're a riot,,,,98

Meguiars at dusk.......

Old 05-24-2003, 12:46 PM
Both are good products:

Zaino at dusk!

Zaino at sunrise!

Zaino at midday!

Last edited by Boss_429; 05-24-2003 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-24-2003, 01:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

So it begins.....,,,,98

Meguiars at mid day, LOL!

Old 05-24-2003, 01:42 PM
Zaino...

Old 05-24-2003, 04:29 PM
Moderator &

You guys are pathetic. Purely pathetic...

But, with that being said, I'll play your games...

MEGUIARS IN THE MORNING

MEGUIARS IN THE AFTERNOON

MEGUIARS IN THE EVENING - AND IT'S CLOUDY*

*NO COMMENTS ON THE FAT GUY IN THE PICTURE!!

I honestly don't see how it can get better but, to pacify you Zainoids (similar to a Hemorrhoid but MUCH harder to make go away), I'm going to try it. It's probably not going to happen this weekend but, it will happen. I owe that to APT for believing in a product so much that he sent me some to try. Again, thanks APT. You stepped up when others just through their Zaino this and Zaino that soapbox theories at me. The best way to try a product is to use it... thank you.

RP

Last edited by Rockpick; 05-24-2003 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-24-2003, 04:54 PM
RP,

Great pics, and I agree, I doubt it will get much better!

Oh, and one question................ who's the fat guy in the picture?

Quick Reply: Zaino help Please!