Zaino... whats the big fuss

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And you Meguires users say Zaino has a lot of "steps" or "processes"....

At least with my Zaino I don't have to remember alot of "names" and "numbers" Just a Z and a number. I'm not good with names unless I screw something up, then the names just start a flying...

Old 05-25-2003, 11:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

I usually do three steps at most? Most of the time two will suffice. Three step would be heavy cut(wool pad), polish(foam pad), (wash) then wax? The first two steps would be by machine, and either by hand or orbital for the wax. The two step would be the rotary polish with a foam pad,(wash) then wax. Usually that's all I need, and the paint stays shiny just fine if you stay on top of it. I might wax four times a year, and wash once a week weather permitting. Once a year on the machine buffing, don't want to burn off the edges on the panels,,,,98

I didn't count the washing as a step, but you're gonna do that anyway, right?

Old 05-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You silly Zainoid. We don't do every one of those steps every time.

That's a twice per year regime. It's just a coat of #26 every month or so to keep it gleaming.

When you enjoy (and I mean that literally) putting a coat of wax on your truck, why not do it with a product that it top notch? Durability (the only true pro that I see to Zaino) isn't an issue when you can top a coat of #26 off on the truck in about 30 - 45 mins.... and that's by hand.

RP

Old 05-25-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
You silly Zainoid.
ROFLMAO…

When you enjoy (and I mean that literally) putting a coat of wax on your truck, why not do it with a product that it top notch? Durability (the only true pro that I see to Zaino) isn't an issue when you can top a coat of #26 off on the truck in about 30 - 45 mins.... and that's by hand.

RP

I do enjoy polishing my truck and usually do a few coats of Zaino a month, even though it doesn’t need it. However for me the “Durability” is an important factor because of the winters we sometimes have. Last winter I would not have been able to polish/wax once a month, so rather then go back and forth between “top quality” (Zaino, Meguires, others) products I just stay with the one. Plus it gives me that “Damn that truck looks good” kind of glow…

Old 05-25-2003, 01:29 PM
Guys,

Once again thanks very much for the posts. I want to thank you all for the insight into this much debated topic. I was not trying to start any flame wars or anything, I just did not get all the fuss about Zaino.

I want to thank Rockpick for mentioning the Clay bar to me. They say you learn something new every day and I sure did. My next question is, where do I purchase this clay bar? And, exactly how is it used?

I will continue to use my good old yellow carnuba number 26 though Perhaps when time allows, I will check out Zaino.

01, if ya wanna drop by my house and detail my truck with Zaino, be my guest! You are more than welcome!

Jag

Old 05-25-2003, 01:39 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Jaguar
My next question is, where do I purchase this clay bar? And, exactly how is it used?
This has been gone over NUMEROUS times here. Not to avoid your question but, more to avoid typing out what has been said over and over in here.

Try a search for Clay. You'll find a wealth of information.

RP

Old 05-25-2003, 01:42 PM
Moderator &

Old 05-25-2003, 01:44 PM
Thank you sir!

Old 05-25-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Jaguar
Thank you sir!
Oh no....

Old 05-25-2003, 04:59 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Oh no....
Afraid I might give him some solid advice about a tried and true product 01? Huh? Scared that I'm not a Zainoid?

RP

Old 05-25-2003, 05:02 PM
Afraid I might give him some solid advice about a tried and true product 01? Huh? Scared that I'm not a Zainoid?

RP
RP,

I think he is.... LOL

Jag

Old 05-25-2003, 05:03 PM
No I was worried about the sir part...

Old 05-25-2003, 05:09 PM
Moderator &

He's brown nosing to get me to come up there and detail his truck. You might have noticed, he offered me a meal from Wendy's man... WENDY'S!!! He's a big spender!!

ROFL!

RP

Old 05-25-2003, 05:11 PM
Yeah but its an upgrade from Mickey D's!

LOL

Old 05-25-2003, 05:18 PM
Well, let me give you my "professional" opinion on fast food. I have become "professional" after I first got divorced and was kind of forced to fend for myself.

Most fast food today just plain sucks as far as being fresh. However you can get around this by proper surveillance of the fast food joint you wish to eat from. You will need a log book and a pen that actual works. You survey your potential places to see when the “rush hour” begins and ends.

With this “top secret” information you will know just when is a good time to “drive thru” and receive fresh food. It seems none of them have the space to make the needed hamburgers and fries in advance.

The prime time is to arrive at your place of choice approx. 10 – 15 minutes prior to the end of the rush. If you arrive too soon you will be stuck with the food made in advance, not good, usually this “stuff” was made approx. 30 – 60 minutes prior to the “rush hour”.

I did find in my studies that you could go to Wendy’s at ANY time and receive FRESH and HOT food. It was freaking amazing…

NOTE: This advice is giving free of charge and to be used at your own risk.

Quick Reply: Zaino... whats the big fuss