Zaino... whats the big fuss

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 12:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino... whats the big fuss

Ive been looking at a lot of your posts, and Im still wondering.

What is the big deal/fuss about Zaino? Does'nt it take multiple applications to complete the whole system?????

How does it differ from any other carnuba or other high quality wax?

Please advise.

Jag

Old 05-24-2003, 12:56 AM
Jag..... I gotta believe that the title of your thread will generate a lot of attention by the Zaino faithful. Josh or 01, ya out there? You are correct in that Z is a multi-stage application process. I think you'll probably get a lot of comments from the Z boys like:

- Effortlessly goes on and comes off.
- Lasts forever (or almost that long!)
- Shine is second to none.

I've never used Z, so I can't impart any personal experiences with it. I use Meguiars Pro product line on my truck and have been very pleased with the results. Realistically, I think Z is just one of many very good detailing choices you have available for your vehicle. Just my $.02.

-Mike-

Old 05-24-2003, 02:33 AM
Banned
Im an ex zaino users. Nothing and i mean Nothing, can touch...

Meguirers Swirl Mark Remover 2.0 followed by Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion, Followed by Manrenza Final Polish all applied and buffed out using the Porter Cable.

After youre done, apply a coat of PoorBoys EX sealant then a coat of S100/P21S or Souveran Carnuba.

People introduced to Zaino are on the newbie stages of proper care and appearance. You either reach the point of going to the next phase or you just stay there.

You can get better results if youre willing to try different things and be open minded.

Old 05-24-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Flying ****

People introduced to Zaino are on the newbie stages of proper care and appearance. You either reach the point of going to the next phase or you just stay there.

You can get better results if youre willing to try different things and be open minded.
Well, I agree with your last statement, but I don't necessarily agree with your first statement.

Old 05-24-2003, 11:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

What's the big fuss, exactly my thoughts You have to pay an arm and a leg for it, wait for it to be shipped to your house, and then spend hours putting it on. I saw a couple of Zaino trucks in person at the TX Heatwave in 01. While they were shiny, they were no shinier than any paint that is taken care of to any degree? IE:waxed, glazed, buffed out, etc.. Here's my tonneau I just took care of last night. I swear it was not buffed out, and never has been since it was installed. This is with a clay bar, and Meguiars gold class, both can be picked up at any auto parts store.,,,,98

Oooooh pretty!!!! lol!

Old 05-24-2003, 05:17 PM
there are sooo many misconceptsions out there about zaino its not even funny.

Multi step process? No more than any other wax out there if done correctly.

you should always dawn wash and claybar vehicles. Throw a coat of polish on, like you would a coat of wax, and bufff it offf, and you are done. Maybe some quick detailer, like other wax companies make, and thats basically it.
Yes the more coats the better the look, but its not a bunch of steps. you can't get much simplier than that.

Also, its not as nearly expensive as you think. Yeah its 20 bucks for one bottle, but that one bottle will last you at least 8 coats. If you do one coat a month, which is overkill but some guys go that far (me included)....it only comes down to a few bucks a month spend on polishes. A friggin soda from the corner store costs more than that ;p

It seems most of the people who try zaino and dont like it either didnt' know what they were doing and messed up somewhere, screwed up one of the basic steps, or didn't prep the truck properly, like you should before you switch with any wax/polish, etc.

Old 05-24-2003, 05:17 PM
dumbass double post

Old 05-24-2003, 06:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The main thing people like is durability from it. It is more durable than a normal Carnauba wax but all synthetic waxes are.

My preferred Synthetic is Klasse Sealant Glaze. I got three coats to last 6 months with weekly washings.

If you don't want to do a lot of waxing, then go with a synthetic. You can get your vehicle to look awesome with just a synthetic but I personally prefer a glaze and carnauba look.

Right now I've been using One Grand Omega Glaze and P21S paste wax. It makes the paint look really good.

Old 05-24-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Flying ****

Well unfortunately your statement is far from being correct. Using Zaino is by far from “the newbie stages of proper care and appearance”.

Zaino, like some of the other “professional” lines of waxes and polishes is not some store bought $4 crap that a lot of people use on their vehicle and then think they are exercising proper care and appearance. Usually because most people that use the cheap crap use it like every 6 months or actually believe the claims of it lasting for a year. I think NuFinish that comes in an orange bottle has that claim or it last for 52 car washes. What ever it is that comes in the orange bottle in the store is crap and don’t last more then a few short weeks and maybe 3 car washes if that.

Zaino, like Meguires top line products and the Pro stuff and other waxes polishes that Intel and others talk about is not something the normal everyday person uses to protect their paint.

The type of people that use the products I listed, top quality product like Zaino and the rest are ones that have done some research or searched the web in many different areas before they ever thought about using it.

As far as “reaching the point of going to the next phase or you just stay there” means nothing. Like anything else appearance is different for everyone. I have tried other good products and was not satisfied with the results. I would imagine the main reason is I do NOT use a buffer nor do I wish to. So as far as the other top products compared to Zaino, Zaino won hands down “for me”. It was not a matter of I didn’t want to go to the “next stage” There was NO next stage to go to.

As far as my preference goes as well as many others where I work and live Zaino is the furthest I could go. It is amazing how many people think my truck is “professional” detailed just about every weekend.

You have to have your paint in great condition to benefit from Zaino and you have to know how to use it properly for the best possible results. Since I have yet to see anything come close to looking as good as my truck there is absolutely no reason to “try” something else. It looks as good as or better then anything a professional detailer can do for $100.00 plus a shot every 2 – 3 months and I do NOT have to use a buffer.

Not saying the other top line products are not equal to Zaino, but Zaino nor the other top line products are not something a “newbe” and/or the ordinary person uses.

Old 05-24-2003, 08:50 PM
Like it has already been stated one of the best things about Zaino is the long life. I put a few coats on and a year later it looked great. I just put a little of the Z6 spray on polish after everyother wash and it looks great. It is also great at removing swirl marks, the more you put on the better it looks. Application isn't that bad, especially if you get the ZFX accelorator. You have less dry time and you can do up to three coats a day. I think Zaino is great and would reccommend it over anything. Just my $.02 though

Old 05-24-2003, 08:53 PM
Guys,

Thanks for the replys. But, it still seems to me that it IS a repeated step process.

Mabye Zaino does look good, but to me time is money and if I have to spend multiple hours on my truck to keep up these applications, then I have time to spend on other things.

Believe me, I like my truck to look awesome, but I just dont have the time to spend anymore like years ago when I was younger and single...

If someone can tell me the breakdown of the ENTIRE process, maybe I will look at it. But for now, regular washings and some carnuba wax will do the trick for me

Old 05-24-2003, 09:15 PM
If you're NOT buffing out your paint at least once a year(or every couple of years, depending on the care you give it), then you're ignoring the problem and putting a band aid on it to begin with. It needs to be surfaced every once in a while to remove the top layer of oxidation etc. All the wax in the world won't cover an oxidized and swirl marked paint job. I'm not saying it has to be cut down with heavy compound or anything, just a swirl mark remover works for the avg well taken care for paint job. Some vehicles need something heavier to get started, if it has been left to the elements for several years etc. Protecting the paint for months and months is fine, but it should be worth a damn first, lol,,,,98

I made a poor woman cry once, with a simple two stage buff and wax. It was a 80 Mercedes that came in for flood damage repair, and we did a number on it to get possible repeat business. Chalky enough to get powder on your fingers, haha. It left looking like a new car.

Old 05-24-2003, 09:20 PM
Thumbs up

I was just trying to make it clear, that a rotary (not orbital) buffer in the right hands, can make more difference than you think. If your paint has never been machine buffed, then you'll never see the true shine it was meant to have.,,,,98

THIS, my friend, is the next stage

Last edited by 98SCREAMER; 05-24-2003 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-24-2003, 09:25 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by 98SCREAMER
I was just trying to make it clear, that a rotary (not orbital) buffer in the right hands, can make more difference than you think. If your paint has never been machine buffed, then you'll never see the true shine it was meant to have.,,,,98

THIS, my friend, is the next stage
I'm disagreeing with you alot today 98...lol...

I've never touched mine with a machine and doubt I ever will. The shine is pure elbow grease and attention to detail.

There's always an exception to the rule.

RP

Old 05-24-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Jaguar
Guys,

Thanks for the replys. But, it still seems to me that it IS a repeated step process.

Mabye Zaino does look good, but to me time is money and if I have to spend multiple hours on my truck to keep up these applications, then I have time to spend on other things.

Believe me, I like my truck to look awesome, but I just dont have the time to spend anymore like years ago when I was younger and single...

If someone can tell me the breakdown of the ENTIRE process, maybe I will look at it. But for now, regular washings and some carnuba wax will do the trick for me
Zaino does look good, so do many of the other quality brands. I have seen some pictures of RockPick’s truck and it looks awesome. He use’s Meguires products. I have seen pictures of, I think it is BigDeal’s truck and it took looks awesome and I believe he uses Meguires. Intel has pictures of different brands he has used and they all look awesome but then again he is a professional detailer, so he could probably make anything look awesome.

Myself I like the glow or shine, or what ever you want to call it that Zaino gives on my silver truck. I also like the fact that you don’t have to use a buffer, but most of all how long it last. Sometimes we have bad winters here in New Hampshire, last winter was one of those. A lot of snow, a lot or road salt and basically no days where it was warm enough to wash the truck myself and thus no way to polish it. I had put three coats on before winter and it lasted 6 months or a little longer. All I did was wash it at the local car wash but I didn’t use the car wash wax.

As far as a repeated step process I am not sure what you’re talking about. It is the same process as using any other wax/polish. You have to wash it then you wax/polish it. The only steps that would be added is if it is the first time your using Zaino and have another wax product on it. Then you have to dawn wash it first to remove any wax residue that may be on there because they Zaino will not bond if there is wax residue on the paint finish.

I can put three coats of Zaino on in about 2 hours or so, that is using the ZFX, and doing it by hand, no buffer.

As far as my truck I do not have to worry about any swirl marks because the paint has never seen a buffer on it.

Quick Reply: Zaino... whats the big fuss