i need a better paint shop

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 11:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i need a better paint shop

hey guys,

this past december i got my lightning lower valance painted at some little paint shop near my house. after i picked it up it looked fine, but now the paint is starting to peel/flake off when i wash it. i dunno if it is b/c they did a sorry job or if i should be taking more care of it when i wash it. but the other day i had my truck dropped and accidently "curbed it" and it sort of scratched up the underneath of the valance, then the paint really started tearing off near the scratches.

any of guys know a good name-brand paint shop that does a good / low price touch-up job? thanx

JP

Old 05-25-2003, 12:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

You and me both! I can't seem to find a shop around Houston that knows how to prep correctly, or match paint. I took my rear bumper in after I spent hours making the exhaust cutouts, sanding etc. They painted it right over the 320 grit rough up sanding I did, chips, scratches, grinder marks and all. Plus it looks to be harvest gold, and not prairie tan. Alot of places just outright refuse to paint urethane pieces, and the ones that will act like you're trying to screw them over, and in turn try to do the same to you. I was charged $220 to paint my current bumper cover in SoCal, and the clear is beginning to peel anywhere it gets a chip.
Can you see if the urethane under the paint is even sanded? I've had that trouble before too. The shop you took it to apparently doesn't know much about prepping urethane, sad to say. I think the name of one shop is Maxwells' Designs. They might be a little pricey, but you should get good work from them. They do a lot of show trucks, including my friends' Good luck!,,,,98

Old 05-25-2003, 12:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've always used Adolfo's Paint and Body in Baytown,Tx for my paint and body work. So far I have not been let down. The shop may not look like much, but they do good quality work. Just drop in for a free estimate and talk to them about what you want done. Good Luck.

-Brian

Quick Reply: i need a better paint shop