How Often Do You Wash Your Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up wow you guys are good

I wash mine maybe once every 5 weeks. I like to just take it through the car wash and pay $15 ( even tho it hurts) because when I wash it by hand I notice little blemishes and spots where I think the chrome bumpers are rusting and all that. Then I go INSANE.
So in the end I have learned its worth paying the $15 and having no worries.

Old 05-28-2003, 09:50 PM
i've read quite a few posts on the cali duster by pro detailers over at autopia and most of them agree the cali is safe to use. I havent had any issues either. as long as you only use it on a dusty truck and not a dirty truck, you'll be fine.

As for the question at hand.

when it needs it Why wash it when its clean? just gets waterspots and crap i gotta clean off. LoL.

I can go as far as 3 weeks in the summer during droughts when i use the cali duster 1 or 2 times a day, and quick detailer every third day, or as little as every friggin day, sometimes twice a day. LOL!
depends on if i gotta go pimp the truck and need it to be clean or not. haha.

and o yeah, i am famous for washing my truck while its raining out. Hey, at least i dont have to dry it when i'm finished, and also, i'd rather have a clean truck in the rain than a dirty one. LOL!

Old 05-28-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Peacemaker
I wash mine usually every weekend if it's not raining. If it rains, I wait until the next sunny day.
Ditto!

Jag

Old 05-29-2003, 12:27 AM
I wash my truck religiously every Friday. Where i used to park at school was under a tree, and one day i see my truck covered in bird crap and wettened tree pollen kind of crusted onto my truck. That was the last damn time i ever parked there!! That day I gave it a high pressure rinse; it got off all the bird crap and pollen, but when i do it normally, and the water dries, all the dirt just stays on the truck...i dont know why, but it does. Anyway...its been raining like a **** down here constantly, every day for the past 7 days and i have not been able to wash my truck. This is the first time in over 6 months that my truck has gone more than 6 days without being washed I also wash my dad's expedition every friday, religiously. Well...its something that takes about 2 hours of my time, but i enjoy it.

My little brother (14) also washes a huge extended E-250 and a 86 prelude...long story short, he finishes washing both before i'm halfway done washing my first truck! no matter how many times i tell him that he is doing the biggest half *** job i've ever seen, he ignores me and does what his head tells him. What a little pain in the *** he is He will learn one day, especially when i am not here and he has to do 3 trucks and a car per week...by himself! hahaha!

There's my input...time for sleep.......

Joe

Old 05-29-2003, 12:31 AM
OH!

One more thing i forgot to add...

Ever perfectly wash your truck when it's either not raining or its sunny out, and as soon as you finish, or soon thereafter it starts RAINING!?!? I hate that more than anything and i'm sure almost all, if not all of you guys agree with me More input from the guy in sunny, currently ugly rainy, south florida!

Joe

Last edited by KingRanchSC02; 05-29-2003 at 07:05 AM.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea, I've gotta chime in for the "wash it waaay too often and even in the rain" club. I think the longest I've ever gone without washing it was two weeks. But then again I was out of the country on business. I washed it as soon as I got back. (That happened to be 3:00 AM on a Tuesday morning and I couldn't sleep due to jet lag.) The neighbors think I'm "special." On average though, I'd say I wash it (the truck!) about 3 times a week.

Old 05-29-2003, 08:02 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Harley#356
...and o yeah, i am famous for washing my truck while its raining out. Hey, at least i dont have to dry it when i'm finished, and also, i'd rather have a clean truck in the rain than a dirty one. LOL!
Heck, I've found that rain doesn't spot nearly as bad as the water out of our spickets. Rinses much cleaner.

RP

Old 05-29-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
I'm not sure how the Cali duster could scratch as there is not pressure applied (if you're using it correctly).
RP
Don't know the how's and why's. Like I said it was just something that I'd read. I've never used a duster so I have no personal experience with it.

-Mike-

Old 05-29-2003, 08:45 PM
Moderator &

Okay guys... just finished up washing my truck for the 4th time in 6 days.

At what point does this become a 'problem' to the point that I should seek mental help?

Old 05-29-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
Okay guys... just finished up washing my truck for the 4th time in 6 days.

At what point does this become a 'problem' to the point that I should seek mental help?
Trust me..... Beat the rush and start looking now!!!

-Mike-

Old 05-29-2003, 09:05 PM
I wash only when the wheels begin to dull from the brake dust (every other weekend). The weekends where I dont wash it, I go over the entire truck with Meguire's Quick Detail.

What's interesting, the truck never seems to "look" dirty. ...oh that's the advantage of having a white truck!

Old 05-30-2003, 09:32 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by BigDeal
Trust me..... Beat the rush and start looking now!!!

-Mike-
Yeah... we've definately got SEVERAL candidates here that would be in the same straight jacket as me...

ROFL!

RP

Old 05-30-2003, 09:50 PM
Hey.......... who you callin "SEVERAL"?

BigDeal,

Sorry, a little off topic question............ did you remove your front license plate holder? If so, what's the easiest way?

Old 05-30-2003, 09:57 PM
Moderator &

Hey, if the hat fits, you better wear it...

God knows I have about 481 of those hats... ROFL...

Wearing 354 of them right now...

Old 05-30-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Boss_429
BigDeal,

Sorry, a little off topic question............ did you remove your front license plate holder? If so, what's the easiest way?
Actually, one of the conditions of purchase when I bought my truck was that it not to be touched by the dealership's detail (PDI) guys after it was delivered. I made it very clear that if it was, the truck was theirs. As such, my truck never had a front licence plate holder on it (factory or dealer installed), nor does it have a dealer sticker on the tailgate. No free advertising on my ride! Sorry I couldn't help on that one Boss.

-Mike-

Quick Reply: How Often Do You Wash Your Truck?