Suggestions for Comparison - Z v. UPP

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 08:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree to do the hood. That is the toughest panel for dirt, bugs, and sun. I would plan on more than a two month test. Four coats of Zaino on my truck lasted over six months.

Old 05-30-2003, 11:23 AM
G8RDave,

The UPC does both.......... cleans, and it helps the UPP bond. Although the bonding comes mostly from the cleaning action that's compatiable with UPP. A lot of people use Klasse AIO as a cleaner/base for UPP with great success!

Also, even though the UPP is a synthetic, it has more of a carnauba look that "Z".

Doing two doors on your SuperCrew will give you a great ideas of the difference between the products. I would do 2 coats of each (24 hours apart) on the doors for a good comparison. That way you know you have complete coverage. You can also do each half of the hood with both products, but I think it's easier to see the difference in the products on vertical surfaces.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Last edited by Boss_429; 05-30-2003 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:43 PM
Well, everything is finally here, but the forecast calls for rain for the next week or so (Tampa). Since the UPP needs 24 hours to cure I'm gonna have to wait for the weather to clear. The people at Platinum said it would not be good for the UPP to get rained on before it cured. Patience is not one of my virtues!

Quick Reply: Suggestions for Comparison - Z v. UPP