Viking wash mitt

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 12:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Viking wash mitt

I bought a Viking wash mitt this afternoon and after looking at their web site it turns out I got a "Supersoft Chenille Wash Mitt" and not the "Cotton Chenille Wash Mitt". They advertise that the "Cotton" one is 100% cotton, but they don't say anthing about what the "Supersoft" one is made from. (It looks just like the cotton one)

Should I take them back and order the cotton ones online, or is that just ridiculous and the ones I got will be fine?

chknbone

Old 06-06-2003, 02:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the ones you have might have polyester in them. Might want to give viking a call.

Old 06-06-2003, 06:10 AM
chknbone,

If it doesn't say 100% Cotton, then rest assured........... it isn't! And, I wouldn't say it's ridiculous to want the good one.

Trust me, anything that gives you an "edge" in minimizing swirl marks/scratches is to your benefit! After all, if your like most people, then nothing touches your paint finish more than your wash mitt............. might as well make it as safe as possible, and go with the safest mitt.

Old 06-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Thanks. I'll take 'em back today.

The thing I don't understand is why a company (not just Viking) would make so many different types of mitts when the consensus is that 100% cotton is best AND you already offer one like that. It's not like the 100% cotton ones are for the "high end" market because they are only around $5 retail so anybody can afford them. Why make/sell the others? (I know the answer is that they are making money on the others )

chknbone

Old 06-06-2003, 10:38 AM
chknbone,

Actually, I think the 100% cotton mitts are a couple of dollars more than the other ones. Most people (not us), just want a wash mitt at the cheapest price, and could care less about the quality.

NOTE: Just so you know, many of the Viking 100% cotton mitts are under recall because they....................... you'll love this........... had polyester in them! Viking to their credit, realized it, and is recalling them. So, you may have to look around for a different mitt. A lot of people are using a quality sheepskin mitt instead of a cotton mitt. You may want to look into that in the mean time!

Old 06-06-2003, 12:02 PM
Maybe that's why every auto parts store I call that is supposed to carry them only have the "Supersoft Chennille" ones.

Thanks Boss.

I guess I'll be ordering from tacscar then just to be *extra* safe. Education is a dangerous thing. The more you know, the more you realize that "you don't know" and the more to worry about. I can remember back in high school when washing the car "real good" meant 1 bucket, some dish soap and whatever rags I could find to wash it and dry it!

Quick Reply: Viking wash mitt