Tornado

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 11:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tornado

I was talking to a guy this weekend about the fuel economy I get on my Expedition and he said that he bought this thing called a Tornado for his F-150. He swears it gave him 4-8 more MPG than he was getting before.
That's an incredible result. I stopped by NAPA and sure enough, they sell it. Supposedly it forces more air in to the chamber and atomizes somehthing more effieciently causing better fuel economy and HP.
Thoughts on this gimmic? He swears by it! If I don't hear something negative soon I'm gonna try it out.

Old 06-09-2003, 11:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK - Never mind. Appears to be junk. Did a search after posting.

At least I searched!!

Old 06-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Please don't take this the wrong way, but don't you think that if a $3.00 (manufacturing cost) gizmo really added 7-8 MPG that Ford would have put one in at the factory? Believe me, they're always looking for ways to get more power and mileage and they've certainly looked at this one - and a million others. In answer to your question - they don't work. Neither does the Fish Carburator, the Fuel Line Magnet and the Bass-O-Matic. There, now I feel better.

Old 06-09-2003, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a strong opinion about infomerical products, gizmos, gadgets, and all. Something to make money off of is the way I see it, they all make excellent sales products but in reality if they do work it's mild and slim performance upgrade. But hey, if it does work, more power to you and less trips to the pump

For example, that infomercial for that prolong additive bull crap, oh yea, take a $70K Viper, let's drain the oil that had prolong in it and run ait around in 100* heat. I forget how long they ran it around for but like that's really gonna work. Sure enough, some guy tries it in reality and look what happened, his engine locked up within 3 mins. I see it this way, company's have a product to sell, they wanna make money, yea I can understand but you don't need to lie about it so bad that it blows up other people's cars!!! This is what pisses me off, your not allowed to lie about your product but yet company's do it anyway, bull *****.

Ok that's something else, getting back to Tornado here, I'll put $100 on it says it don't work, just another infomerical, tryin to make a buck off of it. PRoducts that really do work, like Amsoil, S100 wax, Zaino and all do you see any T.V commcericals for them, nope, why's that you think????? because it works and that's what the public wants, something that's a miracle for about $5 or something. Amsoil doesn't need to advertise because it works and they have a million customers sold to them and making very good money. This is just my $.02,,,,,,91

Last edited by f-150_91; 06-09-2003 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:22 PM
I agree with all these people, especially f-150_91 post about basically anything on those type of infomericals are just hyped up with little to no results.

Also like 2stroked mentioned about Ford and looking for MPG. Ford would take even 0.1 MPG more if possible to help pass the CAFE standards. The CAFE standards are all about fuel mileage, that is the main reason Ford started recommending 5W-20 oil, a little less friciton = a little more MPG.

Old 06-09-2003, 10:40 PM
Banned
get an eaton not a tornado

Quick Reply: Tornado