quick quick.. headlight install problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick quick.. headlight install problem

okay so its not a problem..

some dumb kid wants me to install his headlights for him, he said he would pay me $20 to put them in..

are there any tricks or problems involved in swapping headlights in a 1995 f-150?

lemme know ASAP guys, thanks a lot!

nick

Old 06-10-2003, 11:06 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No clue whatsoever but, I would recommend this...

Let the 'dumb kid' keep his $20.

Old 06-12-2003, 11:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In a '95 the job is a bit harder than a '97 or newer because you have to change the bulbs with the lens / reflector housing in place. The battery is somewhat in the way on one side on F-150's and you don't want to know about F-350's with the diesel / dual battery setup. (They're a royal pain.) Basically, you just loosen the black retaining ring, then pull the old bulb out. Do not touch the glass on the new bulbs, then reverse the process. Done correctly, it's an easy 20 bucks. If you've never done it, listen to RockPick.

Old 06-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, I'm fully aware that the install on a 1995 is much different and fairly difficult...

I guess my point was that the 'dumb kid' should just keep his $20. What ever happend to helping someone out when they needed a little help?

Think about how much information is shared on this board alone... what if everyone wanted $5 per answer to a question? Wouldn't make it nearly as nice to be here would it?

RP

Quick Reply: quick quick.. headlight install problem