Paint problem-brand new truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Paint problem-brand new truck

About four days ago, I purchased my brand new truck (F150 SCab 4x4, 5.4L, FX4 package, Silver Metallic). Before I took delivery, I looked the paint over thoroughly and made the dealer clean up every blemish that I could see. Except I neglected to look at the roof of the truck. Last night, I gave my truck its first wash, and noticed that just the roof had kind of a dirty/stained look to it. It also had a rough feel when running your hand across it. So I finished washing it, then hit it with the clay bar. After I finished that, I put some glaze on it (Wax Shop Super Glaze). The paint is now smooth and the dirty look is gone, but it is not as perfect as I would want. The paint looks like it has a sort of hazy film on it, and there are numerous water spots up to an inch in diameter. I am not sure if there is still something on the clear coat, or that if there is something defective with the clear coat. Do any of you detailing gurus have any ideas about any products or procedures that will make this hazy look go away? Taking it back to the dealer is an option, but from what I saw from their people, they may do more harm than good. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 06-12-2003, 01:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if its a factory defect they will repaint with a lot of yelling and arguing

Old 06-12-2003, 09:31 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you said it was hazy and then proceeded to tell me that it was a 1996 model I would be able to point you in the direction to make it look new again but...........

with it being a brand new truck, I can't tell you what the problem is... all things being equal and knowing that you're still well within warranty, I'd take it back down there and see what they can do.

Unlike the first suggestion, I'd go in there calm and collected. Explain the issue and see what they'll do.

But, once or if they say, "sorry... can't help"... then I'd proceed to yell/jump/kick/scream/cuss/hit(okay, don't hit)/dance/urinate/smack/bitchslap/etc... etc... etc....

LOL!

RP

Quick Reply: Paint problem-brand new truck