I hate concrete

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 03:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I hate concrete

One of my friends who lives out in the sticks, has this about I'd say a 200 yard long stone driveway, no bs. Potholes, stones, and mud. So If I washed my truck that day or yesterday, bye bye clean paint

Anywho, I went out there about a week ago and there were laying concrete down, friend made me aware of it. Bad side is I may of hit a puddle or something of it. As of couple days ago, my truck was filthy, nasty, and covered in splatters of concrete. This sucks I thought to myself. So I washed it yesterday and got some of it off but not much. So I bust out the bug sponge and some elbow grease, nope not coming off. Ok so it's getting late and getting dark. So I went in,,,,,,,,

Today, I go out and try again, nope, still not coming off. Ok so off to local car wash I go, pressure washing time. I start off on the rinse and away I go, not doing anything still,,,,,,,,,argh so then I put the pressure washer on with soap. Helps out alittle but still, not much. Ok so I run out of time. I paused, lit up a smoke and grabbed some more money. I'm sorry guys, I had to do it, out comes the brush. Rocker panels, grill, bumper, windshield, part of the hood and front fenders. That brush as much as I despised using it, took that concrete right off like it was melted butter,,,,,,,,,My Ranger looks like new again but I can see all the swirls where that brush got hold off. I'll have to get some DACP, SMR and redo a full detail on that puppy. Should look showroom when I"m done with it. I hate concrete ,,,,,91

Old 06-22-2003, 08:17 PM
Sorry to hear about that. Dried concrete can be a pain to get off. I know that it was hard for you to use the brush, but at least you can get the swirls out. And that is better than messing up your paint and then having to repaint it.

Old 06-25-2003, 01:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what a pain... that and road tar.

Old 06-25-2003, 05:03 PM
I know with road tar that WD-40 takes it off like nothing, maybe it will work for the concrete.

You'll just have to re-wax the area.

Old 06-25-2003, 07:11 PM
Well I finally got all the concrete bs stuff off, with some good ol fashion elbow grease and a new bug sponge I bought from Automoan for like a $1.00 Worked very nicely and didn't sctrach the truck.

I also did the #7 and #26 treatment on it. I must say even on a properly prepared surface, it is stunning,,,,,,91

Old 07-03-2003, 10:45 PM
As a city construction inspector, I reccommend flooding concrete with water as soon as possible. Dried concrete can form a bond with paint that will remove the paint when trying to remove. Also, the grains of rock will mar the finish.

Old 07-04-2003, 03:47 PM
WD for road tar???? oh nooooo!!...best is animal lard...yes animal lard...put it on let it sit and wash it off at the car wash...you dont even have to rub....no animal lard?...Crisco will do

Quick Reply: I hate concrete