Water spots on window...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 12:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Boss_429

The Z12 works great! If I can't screw it up, then it should be safe for everybody.

BTW, if you haven't gotten any Z5 lately, the newest version is out (yellow in color, the old stuff was orange). The Z2 is supposed to be new and improved too (old color tan, new color light pink). Both are thinner in consistency, and apply and remove even easier. Both are supposed to be slicker and gossier than before.
I have the other Z5 and never have used it, the bottle of Z2 I have is about 6 - 9 months old so not sure the color of it I will have to look, I want to say I think it is tan (older).

Just ordered 2 bottles of Z6 (gloss enhancer), 1 bottle of Z7 (car wash) and 1 bottle of Z12 (glass polish)...

It will be XMAZ again...

Old 07-02-2003, 04:06 PM
I'll ask my question that wasn't answred again. I use Windex on my windows all the time and have had to problems.. What wrong with windex? (This is a totally serious question)

Old 07-02-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by bloomquist
I'll ask my question that wasn't answred again. I use Windex on my windows all the time and have had to problems.. What wrong with windex? (This is a totally serious question)
To be honest I don't know that there is anything wrong with Windex. I use it and it works good for me. It don't take water spots off, but I never had them until a week or so ago when it was FREAKING hot and humid here. Had the truck two years, no spots and within a week thousands of spots all over the window.

NOTE: Just the front window, not the sides or back.

Hopefully the Z12 will take care of it. I will start a new thread about how it worked or didn't work.

Old 07-02-2003, 05:39 PM
Thanks 01, RP posted and said not to use it... I was wondering if he had a reason or not.

It was nearly 100 down here in NC this past week, and now it's raining and about 80

Old 07-02-2003, 05:45 PM
01 XLT Sport:

Had the same problem on ALL of the glass on my wife's NEW '03 Subaru Forester. Took it back to the dealer and they said that the only thing that will take those spots off are...............RAZOR BLADES!

I tried almost every chemical known to man and couldn't get them off. So, when I took it to them, that is how they removed the spots. I know it sounds like a pain in the a$$, and it is, but it works!

Old 07-02-2003, 10:42 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Clay would probably take them off too... Especially if razor blades would remove it...

I've always been told to avoid windex because of the 'other stuff' in there. I suppose the theory was that it wasn't good for tint or if it got on your finish that it would cause rapid hazing.

Not sure. *shrugs*... just going on something I had remembered hearing.

Beware the Ides of March.

RP

Old 07-02-2003, 10:56 PM
I think it is the ammonia in the Windex that will hurt tinted windows. I know when I had mine done they told me just use mild soap and water only, NO glass cleaner. I could be wrong, but damn that is so very rare…

I am going to try the clay tomorrow to see if it works, MAN is those water spots pissing me off beyond belief...

Old 07-03-2003, 10:47 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
I am going to try the clay tomorrow to see if it works, MAN is those water spots pissing me off beyond belief...
Yeah, maybe it was the ammonia... *shrugs*

Man, I'm telling you...

GO OUTSIDE WITH A BOTTLE OF WHITE VINEGAR AND SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM... you're not going to smell up your garage because it's going to evaporate... you're a hard headed doofus sometimes.

RP

Old 07-04-2003, 12:40 AM
Thumbs up

OK I tried this product from top fo the line called One Grand's Glass Polish and this stuff actually worked. Removed the stubborn water spots on the glass. Cant wait to get my buffer in so I can do the rest of the windows without having a stroke. Great Product.

Old 07-04-2003, 01:04 AM
i use a glass cleaner made by stoner its called invisiable glass and it works great no spots it foams um on bugs and eats them off the glass

Old 07-04-2003, 01:29 AM
yes Ive tried the the stoner's product. I does clean the windows well but did nothing for the old waters spots. I guess once I get them all removed Ill just have to keep up with it or it will happen again.

Old 07-04-2003, 01:41 AM
Suspended
Orginally posted by brentswanton
OK I've tried vinegar yesterday and it didnt acomplish anything but smell up the garage. I really scrubbed hard too.
I agree 100%. I tried this method a couple of years ago and the only thing it accomplished was to make me sick. If you want to waste your time, give it a try.

I've been using Z12 ever since and it works great. Zain

Old 07-04-2003, 07:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have restored many, many old trucks, ( cars too) and on several I opted to retain the original glass, including the windshield.
This may sound insane to some, but Mothers Chrome polish will remove almost any spot, or stain on your glass. I have used it so many times that I can not count them all. It does not scratch, and leaves no adverse effects even when it is raining.
Try it, you will like it !!!

Old 07-04-2003, 10:49 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by screwyou
I agree 100%. I tried this method a couple of years ago and the only thing it accomplished was to make me sick. If you want to waste your time, give it a try.
Well, I'm here to tell you that it worked for me and, guess what? I didn't get sick. Stupid comment... waste your time.

Old 07-04-2003, 12:47 PM
Suspended
Originally posted by Rockprick
Well, I'm here to tell you that it worked for me and, guess what? I didn't get sick. Stupid comment... waste your time.
Sure it did, keep believing. And yes, it is a waste of time. So Screwyou.

Quick Reply: Water spots on window...