Planning to get some Meguires..

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by bloomquist
I was just looking at the Meg website, how does the quik wax work? Is it a dud or does it work well? And how much does polish add to the looks?

Thanks!
Personally, I tried the Quik Wax once and passed it along to a relative. Not a very good product in my opinion.

As to your question regarding polish, it's polish the really adds depth and shine to your paint. Wax should be viewed simply as the protective layer that goes over the finish. When I really want to make my truck look it's best, I add a coat of Meguiars # 7 Show Car Glaze (a pure polish) before I protect the finish with a coat (or two) of Meguiars # 26 Yellow wax. Try it, you'll like it!

-Mike-

Old 07-04-2003, 11:23 PM
Will do! I think it'll have even more effect on my truck (the True Clue is a pretty dark color)

I'll probably be around pepboys on wed so I'll see if I can spare some time and go and grab some polish, wax and #5.

Again, thanks for the help!

Last edited by bloomquist; 07-07-2003 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:16 AM
I agree the #7 and #26 combo provided the surface is well prepped looks awesome. The combo really helps to make the surface bead very nicely, slides right off and looks clean. Havn't tried the #9 yet nor Swirl Free. I think the only difference between Swirl Free and #9 is Swirl Free doesn't contain any silicones so it can be used in body shops, #9 has silicone in it. Meguiars Professional is a widely debated product line and it IMO really makes the paint come alive, I don't think you will be dissappointed,,,,,91

Old 07-06-2003, 03:39 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by bloomquist
I was just looking at the Meg website, how does the quik wax work? Is it a dud or does it work well? And how much does polish add to the looks?

Thanks!
Quick wax is just like any other 'spray and wipe' product. It'll deliver shiny results but, the protection is going to be lack-luster and short-lived.

I don't recommend it unless you're using it between waxxings and then, only use it as a 'gloss' agent... don't plan on it protecting like wax.

RP

Old 07-06-2003, 06:51 PM
The Quick Wax that Meguiar's is now selling is supposed to be "new and improved". Hopefully, it's better than the old stuff!

Old 07-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Moderator &

I'm honestly not sure Boss. I'd recommend Quick Detailer over Quick Wax any day of the week for shining it up between waxxings but, I've never tried the Quick Wax. I bought it one time by mistake and took it back and got the Quick Detailer that I had meant to purchase.

RP

Old 07-06-2003, 10:09 PM
I picked up some Meguiars saturday at Advance Auto parts (it was closer than Pepboys) They had a fair selection on Meguiars stuff... I got some Scratch X instead of #9 because these scratches are deeper than just swirls, and I found a new one on my hood. I have no Idea how they got there I couldn't find a claybar so I'll wait on that till I run over to pepboys, and I didn't get any polish either.

I plan to wash/wax it later this week, I'll tell how it works out!

Old 07-06-2003, 10:11 PM
Oh, and another question: What are each of your different processes? I know BigDeal uses a showcar polish which makes it look deep and wet, and I know RP's truck looks almost as wet but not quite but it's a little deeper looking...Is it the paint color, or the stuff used??

-Thanks!

Old 07-06-2003, 10:16 PM
Moderator &

My regime consists of:

1st polish/wax: Meguiars Premium Paint Protection

2nd wax: Meguiars #26

3rd polish/wax: Meguiars #7 and Meguiars #26

4th polish/wax: Meguiars #9 and Meguiars #26

Or any combination of the above....

Color will have a lot to do with depth on your paint as well. Trust me... get close enough to mine and you'll fall in and drown... yes, it's that deep. LOL!

RP

Old 07-06-2003, 10:41 PM
Am I correct in supposing that with just about any wax the more coats you put on the nicer it looks and better it protects?

Old 07-06-2003, 11:11 PM
Moderator &

I think there is an upper limit to anything that you use. At some point, you're going to quit noticing any difference however; I think the possibility exists that you can put too much carnauba on your finish to the point that it starts to smear and doesn't really look optically perfect. Some refer to this as 'wax build up' thus, with that being said, 4 or 5 coats should do the trick.

RP

Quick Reply: Planning to get some Meguires..