Question about Chevron Techron.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about Chevron Techron.

I just bought a bottle of Techron. And I need to know, is an oil change recommended after using this stuff? I'm weary about doing it right now if I have to change my oil afterwards. I just changed my oil about 1500 miles ago, and I don't want to have to change it again, just because I used Techron. Is it better to wait until it's about time to change my oil before I use this stuff? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 07-05-2003, 11:55 AM
If it is just a fuel additive to clean the injectors then no you do not need to change oil after. Every time I change my oil at 3,000 miles I always put a bottle of Valvoline injector cleaner in. I asked both Ford dealers service departments in my area the same question. They both told me there is no need to change the oil and that it is indeed good to put a bottle of injector cleaner in with every oil change.

However, for you're own piece of mind call your dealer and ask them...

Old 07-05-2003, 12:11 PM
Yeah, it's just a fuel additive that your'e supposed to pour in your gas tank. Since it doesn't say on the bottle that I NEED to change my oil afterwards, I assume it's ok. If I'm not mistaken, I used a bottle of that stuff last year and didn't change my oil. So it should be ok. Thanks 01.

Old 07-05-2003, 12:16 PM
No, problem. I never thought about asking until a while back someone brought it up in one of the threads and someone said you have to change the oil. Most of the others said no, so I called the two dealers in my area and they both told me no there was no reason to change it...

Old 07-05-2003, 12:55 PM
That's good news. I don't see how it could get in the oil anyways because Techron is highly flammable. And it will just burn up in the combustion chamber. And I don't think carbon deposits can get in the oil because it can't get past the piston rings. Most likely, the carbon deposits will blow out the exhaust. That's just my theory.

Old 07-05-2003, 03:57 PM
I've got the long bed with 30 gallon tank so I put two bottles of techron in when I do a fillup and want to run the cleaner thru.

Quick Reply: Question about Chevron Techron.